DynCorp International Inc

DynCorp International Inc Employee Reviews

I worked as safety professional for severs years before I was promoted to lead the entire safety program in Kuwait. It was hard work but the experience I gained was second to none. Like any place everyday however if we hadn’t lost the contract I was on I would still be there.
Pros
Salary
Cons
N/a
I enjoyed the work as a helicopter mechanic. Most of the people I worked with were great in helping me grow and learn as a mechanic. I will miss Kuwait.
I worked for them 1 1/2 years in Kuwait the OCN's are nicer than the Americans and they have clicks so if you aren't apart of the good old boy club or never want to be dont go here.
DynCorp hired someone to be my supervisor who wasn't qualified to be my subordinate. DynCorp is quite obviously more concerned with filling billable positions than the quality of those in the positions.
Pros
Pay was average for the position and location
Cons
Terrible, non-responsive mamgement
Dyncorp is a good company to work overseas. This company provides a numerous opportunities to work overseas and stateside. Overall a great experience working with this company.
During my experience with DynCorp I was able to advance from being a Logistics Coordinator to Logistics Foreman. I was able to learn better leadership skills to schedule, train and maintain missions with a diversified environment of people. Many of the employees I worked with were from Bosnia, Macedonia, Hungary, India, Sri Lanka and America.
Pros
Diversity
Cons
being overseas away from family
Good company to work with. Managers were excellent to work with and very supportive to employees. Learnt a lot as a beginner work atmosphere was very pleasant and challenging.
Good company to work for. Great employee's, and management. Great potential to grow with the company, and good benefits. Great medical and vacation package
Worked on a contract for 2 years and thoroughly enjoyed the entire experience. Professional office, best clients. Utilized excel daily and powerpoint weekly.
Pros
great people
The company won a contract and they had staff that wasn't able to do their job correctly. I did not like the work environment and coworkers. Management is very rude and do not care about their employees.
Pros
housing was beautiful
Cons
paychecks bounced
Good company to fine tune your aviation knowledge but work / life balance does not exist. Work environment can be toxic at times, but a good company to use as a stepping stone. Salary is excellent but be prepared to work 80+ hour weeks.
Pros
salary
Cons
benefits / family time
Work was very easy. The Kuwaitis were very friendly. The pay could be better. The temporary housing could be better as well. Medical, dental, and vision benefits would have been nice to have living in a foreign land such as Kuwait
Pros
tax free pay after completing one year
Cons
have to wait to complete one year to take vacation in US
Great Pay with benefits i got to travel a lot for my job, it was stressful sometimes but having a flex schedule always helped. Management was very understanding
Overall, the work environment can be quite stressful. However, if you are lucky enough to work at one of the four satellite laboratories, then the stay could be pleasant.
Pros
Salary is very good
Cons
Stressful work environment
I like overseas jobs my experience is highly enough in comparison with the others.my target is friendly workplace. job is easy for me. I awake early and start the work clearly.
Pros
free kunches
Cons
short breaks
Stressful, Management loves to throw workers under a bus and need the help from other countries to fulfill their requirement for having terrible management. The company is more worried about what is worn to work than its actual maintenance for service members aircraft. The company itself is actually good. But the Dyn aviation is nothing more than a Hoax!
Pros
partially paid healthcare
Cons
Mismanagement
Working for DynCorp wasn't bad. I would say the pay was really good; however, i had to pay for an apt, car rental, fuel and food while in Kuwait. The one thing i hated most was the dangerous drive to work.
Pros
pay, vac
Cons
Having to pay for an apt, car rental, fuel
Long hours, but the job was satisfactory, learned a lot from my coworkers, especially since I had not previous military experience The most difficult part of the job was the conditions
I am an overseas contractor who works 12 hours a day 5-6 days a week. My job has a high personnel turnover due to long hours and low pay. The work load at times can be very heavy but there is days that it can be relaxing.
Pros
Tax Free
Cons
Low Pay for an overseas job
DynCorp has a really management on the lower end, very professional and tight knit work environments. Compensation was really good. Micro management was hardly existent. Easy to do good work with minimal drama.
Pros
Salary, Benefits, Human Resources, paid vacations
Cons
No housing allowance for overseas housing.
Good place to work and opportunity for career advancement, you can go as far as the company will let you. I learned on how to be a great manager. Working with this company has been very beneficial.