DynCorp International Inc Employee Reviews

Found 71 reviews matching the search See all 3,385 reviews
Meat Market
Engineering Technician Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Camp Arifjan KuwaitJune 11, 2019
DynCorp hired someone to be my supervisor who wasn't qualified to be my subordinate. DynCorp is quite obviously more concerned with filling billable positions than the quality of those in the positions.
Pros
Pay was average for the position and location
Cons
Terrible, non-responsive mamgement
Leadership experience
Movement Control Foreman and Coordinator (Former Employee) –  KuwaitMarch 14, 2019
During my experience with DynCorp I was able to advance from being a Logistics Coordinator to Logistics Foreman. I was able to learn better leadership skills to schedule, train and maintain missions with a diversified environment of people. Many of the employees I worked with were from Bosnia, Macedonia, Hungary, India, Sri Lanka and America.
Pros
Diversity
Cons
being overseas away from family
excellent company
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  KuwaitMarch 2, 2019
Good company to work with. Managers were excellent to work with and very supportive to employees. Learnt a lot as a beginner work atmosphere was very pleasant and challenging.
Great Company
Plumber (Current Employee) –  KWSeptember 24, 2018
Good company to work for. Great employee's, and management. Great potential to grow with the company, and good benefits. Great medical and vacation package
great experience
Senior Operations Coordinator - Kuwait (Former Employee) –  KuwaitAugust 31, 2018
Worked on a contract for 2 years and thoroughly enjoyed the entire experience. Professional office, best clients. Utilized excel daily and powerpoint weekly.
Pros
great people
This job was a joke!
Labor Foreman Camp Arifjan, Kuwait (Former Employee) –  KWAugust 30, 2018
The company won a contract and they had staff that wasn't able to do their job correctly. I did not like the work environment and coworkers. Management is very rude and do not care about their employees.
Pros
housing was beautiful
Cons
paychecks bounced
Good company to fine tune aviation skills
Phase Mechanic II, Afghanistan (Current Employee) –  Dubai / KuwaitJune 24, 2018
Good company to fine tune your aviation knowledge but work / life balance does not exist. Work environment can be toxic at times, but a good company to use as a stepping stone. Salary is excellent but be prepared to work 80+ hour weeks.
Pros
salary
Cons
benefits / family time
worked over seas
F-18 A-C Plane Captain (Former Employee) –  KuwaitApril 24, 2018
Work was very easy. The Kuwaitis were very friendly. The pay could be better. The temporary housing could be better as well. Medical, dental, and vision benefits would have been nice to have living in a foreign land such as Kuwait
Pros
tax free pay after completing one year
Cons
have to wait to complete one year to take vacation in US
Fun Environment
Investigation assistant/cultural advisor (Former Employee) –  KWApril 5, 2018
Great Pay with benefits
i got to travel a lot for my job, it was stressful sometimes but having a flex schedule always helped. Management was very understanding
It can be a stressful place to work.
PMEL Supervisor/Engineering Technician III (Current Employee) –  Subhan CMF Base, KuwaitMarch 2, 2018
Overall, the work environment can be quite stressful. However, if you are lucky enough to work at one of the four satellite laboratories, then the stay could be pleasant.
Pros
Salary is very good
Cons
Stressful work environment
fun productive
senior metrologıst dimensional (Current Employee) –  MangafFebruary 23, 2018
I like overseas jobs my experience is highly enough in comparison with the others.my target is friendly workplace. job is easy for me.
I awake early and start the work clearly.
Pros
free kunches
Cons
short breaks
o.k at best
General Mechanic/Armament, Electrician (Current Employee) –  KuwaitFebruary 20, 2018
Stressful, Management loves to throw workers under a bus and need the help from other countries to fulfill their requirement for having terrible management. The company is more worried about what is worn to work than its actual maintenance for service members aircraft. The company itself is actually good. But the Dyn aviation is nothing more than a Hoax!
Pros
partially paid healthcare
Cons
Mismanagement
kuwait
Helicopter Mechanic (Former Employee) –  kuwaitFebruary 17, 2018
Working for DynCorp wasn't bad. I would say the pay was really good; however, i had to pay for an apt, car rental, fuel and food while in Kuwait. The one thing i hated most was the dangerous drive to work.
Pros
pay, vac
Cons
Having to pay for an apt, car rental, fuel
Great job and benefits
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  KuwaitJanuary 30, 2018
Long hours, but the job was satisfactory, learned a lot from my coworkers, especially since I had not previous military experience
The most difficult part of the job was the conditions
Contractor
AIRCRAFT TRANCIENT ALERT SERVICER (Current Employee) –  KuwaitJanuary 2, 2018
I am an overseas contractor who works 12 hours a day 5-6 days a week. My job has a high personnel turnover due to long hours and low pay.

The work load at times can be very heavy but there is days that it can be relaxing.
Pros
Tax Free
Cons
Low Pay for an overseas job
DynCorp was a good company to work for. Human Resources was excellent.
Movement Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  KuwaitDecember 20, 2017
DynCorp has a really management on the lower end, very professional and tight knit work environments. Compensation was really good. Micro management was hardly existent. Easy to do good work with minimal drama.
Pros
Salary, Benefits, Human Resources, paid vacations
Cons
No housing allowance for overseas housing.
productive
SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  KuwaitOctober 15, 2017
Good place to work and opportunity for career advancement, you can go as far as the company will let you. I learned on how to be a great manager. Working with this company has been very beneficial.
Dyn Corporate
Finance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  KuwaitAugust 3, 2017
Be well mannered with any staff to meet before or after the interview.I feeling particularly nervous, remind myself that the very worst thing that could happen
Give a firm handshake to interviewer(s) before and after the session. Once i seated, sit naturally without slouching in my chair or leaning on the desk. Throughout the interview, remember to smile frequently and retain eye contact.
Pros
Free Accomodation + Car + Medical
Cons
8 hours
productive and interesting new relationships among team memebers
Aviation Ground Support Equipment Mechanic (Current Employee) –  KuwaitJune 17, 2017
Productive work environment working with team members. Learning a new culture in a foreign country is very interesting and educational. I have enjoyed the time spent here
The Job
EHS Supervisor (Former Employee) –  KuwaitJune 1, 2017
DynCorp had a great team of people working together with one common goal. The goal of making our military members life a little easier and secure. The Teams,Pay & Housing was awesome.
Pros
Awesome Place to work
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DynCorp International Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K