DynCorp International Inc

DynCorp International Inc Management reviews

Great Company
Good company to work for. Great employee's, and management. Great potential to grow with the company, and good benefits. Great medical and vacation package
Subcontracts Administrator
Prepare bid packages, analyses and evaluates proposals, negotiate subcontract provisions, select or recommend subcontractors, write awards, and administers resulting subcontracts include Statements of Work, Technical / Quality Specifications, Deliverable Requirements List and Schedules, Performance Assessment Requirements, Terms and Conditions, Proposal Preparation and Pricing Requirements / Templates, Compliance Matrices and supplier profiles.
Analyse and evaluate subcontractor proposals, negotiate deviations from work statements, schedule, and/or terms and conditions, while working closely with the Program Management team.

Handle all lease agreements under LOGCAP IV Kuwait, starting from new property assessments, lease rate negotiations and Awarding. Manage leases, ensuring that all requirements are performed in accordance with the scope of work and delivery schedules. Negotiated requirements with landlords such as request for renovation and upgrading DI leased properties without additional cost on the program.

Responsible for everyday paperwork as well as maintaining current Subcontract (Lease Agreement) files up to date. Maintain constant contact with representatives of various leased properties. Conduct site visits and evaluate performance of suppliers.

Prepare Market Research quarterly on Real Estate Market in Kuwait, to conclude cost savings, property evaluation, and quality standards.

Overseeing IT/Communication contracts supporting LOGCAP IV Kuwait, ensuring all services are being provided as per the SOW,

The Kuwait team leadership was subpar.
In short management acted with personal intent in mind in many decisions dure my time working with Dyncorp. There was little to no chance to advance and grow unless you moved out of the company. Also, through my time here I lost a lot of respect for the HR process and its effectiveness to assist the employees, rather than always looking out for the company.
Pros
it was a job
Cons
see my summary
Is an ok company to work for
Our typical work day consist of 8 hr.
Management don't care about provide a good customer service
Some of the co-workers like politics with management instead performing they primary jobs
The most enjoyable part of the job is to work together with the Kuwait Air force soldiers and with my co-workers
Pros
work hours are great, great co-workers
Cons
health care, management don't care about customer and employee relations, high cost of living
Productive and very energetic
A typical day at work is to download personnel off of aircraft, create your reports for the overall work day, clean your work area.
Since I worked the ADACG area, I have learned to weigh and center balance Cargo for a load plan of an aircraft. I write out TMR's(Transportation Movement Request) for movement of personnel and their equipment.

I don't have a hard day at work, each one is counted as a blessing to learn; people-co-workers, the customers along with the products.

The most enjoyable part of my day is watching the faces of military personnel when the board the aircraft to go home to their families.

I wish I could say something good about my management team,but I rarely deal with them.
Pros
meeting new people/ watching the face of those flying home.
Cons
working night shift