Ecolab Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,824 reviews
Ecolab SA not a good company.
general worker (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GautengAugust 16, 2019
The problem with the organisation is management, where by most of the the critical issues raised by the employees are treated with less priority. Salary is not scaled well. you will find people with same experince and qualifications earning different incomes under the same management. the is a lot of racial tensions which the Hr fails to tackle.

Overall the organisation is fine if it happen you land in a good managers hands.
Cons
Work over load
Managment is Terrible.
Pest Control Technician/Sales (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 16, 2019
The Management is the worst they have no morals. They leave all the management to you and then when there is a issue that pops up the lay the blame at your feet. They are very inexperienced.
Awesome
Territory Representative (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 15, 2019
Awesome company to work for. Management is really laid back and very helpful with any situation. Would remcomend anyone to work here that is self motivated.
Hmm
Pest Technician (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAAugust 14, 2019
All in all it isn't a terrible company to work for..but they could work on making it easier especially for female employees that working overnights is not a requirement. Like you can hire people specially for the night work and others for day work. But the management sucks esp here in Ga.
Great Place to work
Territory Manager/Street Sales Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAAugust 13, 2019
Very good place to work. Management was tough, military style of management but the style helped you reach target goals.

Flexible schedule, management that is focused on team development and they listen to what you have to say no matter what position you hold. They understand the “little guy” is the front line and face of the company and structure pay in a way that refeclts that message. Flexible schedule.
great place
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Highland Mills, NYAugust 12, 2019
It was a great place and I wish i didn't leave, but i move and couldn't keep the job due to travel time. If I could i would of stay. it has great pay, you are, your own boss, all you have to do is your job and manger wont be up your butt. you can have a work/life here. but its not for everyone. look into what Ecolab do first, because it can be hard. but if you know what your doing, it be easy. the pay great, the work culture is great, everyone is great to work with.
August 14, 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience! We appreciate your feedback.

Terrible company to work for
Account Executive, Kentucky & Tennessee (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 12, 2019
You are on call 24/7. Unless you are short, fat and bald it's hard to make it in this company. Due to my sales achievements for being top producer for several years, I was promoted to Regional Manager. My manager was so hard to work for he called me a cheerleader and basically if anything was wrong, I felt like I was dragged on the ground by my hair. Worst company to work for!
August 14, 2019

We appreciate you taking time to share your feedback. Please know we are committed to encouraging a fulfilling and meaningful career for our employees, and we take your feedback seriously as we are always looking for ways to improve the employee experience.

Nonstop but rewarding!
District Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 11, 2019
I loved my career with Ecolab! Hardest thing I have ever done and I loved it!
For 21 years I was allow to lead in my own style. Great support from all my managers and the company lives by their mission statement.
August 14, 2019

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate the impact you made.

Es un ambiente sano y respetuoso
Asistente de taller de mantenimiento (Former Employee) –  Cuautitlán Izcalli, Méx.August 11, 2019
Es una gran empresa para laborar, lo unico que falta es el crecimiento interno
A Ecolab é uma excelente empresa multinacional no ramo de Limpeza Profissional
Vendedor Técnico Externo (Former Employee) –  Rio de Janeiro, RJAugust 8, 2019
A Ecolab Química é uma excelente empresa multinacional no segmento de Limpeza Profissional - Hygiene Solutions.
Really good company
GL Accounting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Capital Federal, Buenos AiresAugust 8, 2019
At Nalco Ecolab you can work and have a really good balance life/work
The people is really nice
The salaries were not bad
Great Company
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 6, 2019
You set up your on route. I learn to eliminate the pest problem rather than control. Management was lacking in support in my district. Can become stressful due to workload. I enjoyed working with fellow pest control techs
August 8, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to submit your review. We appreciate your feedback.

Pest Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COAugust 6, 2019
Great place to work! Can get stressful, but great pay and benefits. Nice company trucks and gas cards and phone. Must be able to develop a work life balance.
August 8, 2019

This is helpful feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts.

If you like being blamed
Service Specialists (Former Employee) –  Centralia, ILAugust 6, 2019
Work for ecolab if you want the accounts and management blaming you for issues out of your hands. Then when you attempt to solve the issues its either not good enough or takes too long. Buildings can have holes in them with mouse issues but your traps being smashed and moved are your problem. If you can help it,don't work here.
August 8, 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate your feedback.

Not the place if you are a self starter looking for big money
Route Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 3, 2019
Management is unrealistic, drive hundreds of miles a day. Family life doesn’t exist. Do not recommend. Was promised the world but when it comes down to the fire they don’t back it up.
Pros
Not many
Cons
No parts, bad pay, high deductible insurance. Plus a lot more
August 8, 2019

Thank you for your review. We strive to provide comprehensive and market-competitive benefits to meet the needs of our associates. We recognize we can always improve, and we’re committed to this work for the long term.

Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 3, 2019
Best job I every had, great company to work for. Thank for the 9 years, God bless. I appreciate the experience, working with the commercial side of it.
August 8, 2019

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate the impact you made.

Poor management dont let the pay fool you
IPW (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAAugust 2, 2019
RUN-- poor management. if your not part of the click, you don't succeed. sneaky managers make promises they never keep. insurance is high. hr does nothing to help
August 8, 2019

Thank you for your review. We welcome your feedback and we're always looking for ways to improve the employee experience.

Decent company to work for lots of perks decent management but crazy hours
Pest Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXAugust 1, 2019
Company had excellent training and gave good experience. But had crazy work hours some at night some day hours always seemed there was a call out somewhere. Pay can vary depending on how many jobs you have.

Excellent work environment
SAFETY LEAD (Former Employee) –  Huntington, INJuly 31, 2019
Ecolab was by far the best place I have worked. The pay was fair, the management was fair and the co-workers were great. Benefits were better than other employers in the area.
Pros
everything
August 8, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to submit your review. We appreciate your feedback.

Think twice before working for Ecolab
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  NorthamptonJuly 31, 2019
Having worked for this company in two separate districts, I came to the conclusion that the management is poor, the workload is high and the targets set for technician's are ludicrous.
Pressure is placed upon the '' service specialists'' to make sales every month despite the fact that you will not be contrated to make sales, failing to do so will prevent you from earning a pay rise. This along with the other policies such as (But certainly not limited to) no facial hair and wearing hard hats everywhere you go, gives you a sense of being controlled.
Not to mention the uncomfortable and often incorrect size uniform, cheap equipment, old tired reused vehicles etc.
The only real benefit is overtime (when available) at a decent rate. All in all, if you want to feel valued, you should look elsewhere in the industry.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ecolab. Our community is ready to answer.