FIVE RIVERS SERVICES

FIVE RIVERS SERVICES Employee Reviews

Company provided flexible hours but when I started using flexible hours, used another contracted employee to observe and report who was not a manager or supervisor on my attendance and they were lying to management.
The job was very professional. Had a great team that supported the mission of the company. The experience I gained was second to none. Great company and great management.
Highly recommended company. Continuous 4 years working will give you opportunity to work in Australia. Friendly boss. Cooperative staff. Easy cost of living.
The pay is too low for overseas work, shift work, and possibly working 2 weeks straight, with no days off. I changed apartments 3 times. The medical process to qualify is unprofessional and a headache.
Pros
Nice apartments.
Cons
Pay, work hours, no days off.
The hardest part of this job was the high turnover with team lead and peers. I learned how to utilized Remedy and active directory. I also learned to create user accounts and provide level 1 troubleshooting.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
turnover
Great company for growth and development. Management is every understanding especially relating to military duties. Health benefits and retirement plan provided
Pros
Good pay, overtime, good benefits
Worked with some very talented people in photography, video, design. We were contractors on the base and management changed every two years. It was difficult at times to adjust.
good comapny to work for , has a great project manager. the only problem with the job no help you have to face the issue on your own . the company itself is very good always ready to help their employees but is the job environment very stressful and you have to face it on your own !
Leadership was reactionary and never instituted plans of action to meet long term needs. Micromanagement was an issue. Middle management was not able to make decisions on small day to day issues without conferring with the parent company. This would cause delays in rectifying small simple problems.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Senior leaderships ability to manage resources
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at FIVE RIVERS SERVICES?
Was a slow paced environment to work in. Not much micromanagement. Excellent pay. The company requires a security clearance which I had issues with. Overall, excellent company to work for.
Pros
No micromanagement
Cons
Requires security clearance
the 10 years i work for Akima companies have been great i would love to stay on the 401 k medical is unbeatable.......................................
Pros
great company to work for
Cons
when contract ends not enough info is provided
Very good atmosphere and people would recommend to anyone whos looking to come into the IT field. You have room to go as far as you like with helpful staff to guide you along the way.
Five Rivers Services was an excellent company to work for with excellent upper management. Very easy to speak to and if you every had a problem you could pickup the phone and discuss it with the company president without any issues.
Cons
The company is a very solid company to work for. However, myself and other employees did not see eye to eye with middle management. Good benefits, great environment, horrible management.
Pros
Good environment, good benefits, company makes tools that make a difference.
Cons
Healthcare, Management
Not so good for the show. Favoritism and dealing with slackers is considerable. Most people just tough it out and move on.
Pros
free room and board
Cons
battle damage
Typical work day can be from 8 hours - 16 hours. It's a lot of field work, hard work, but its very rewarding. My co-workers are great, we are all like minded individuals.The hardest part of this job can be the amount of time spent out in the field. There are some long, hot, and physically exhausting days.The over management of this company is great. I am not based near the head quarters however, the people at the head quarters are all easy to get ahold of and email response time is quick.
Working at five rivers services in kabul and bagram, Afghanistan has to be one of the best jobs i have worked. Human resource department made sure everything was taken care of as far as; pay, leave, benefits and anything else that benefited the employees. The immediate staff that supervised me was motivating and willing to help you advance. The workplace was actually a place for advancement, i worked in a consolidated area where the Network engineers, Systems engineers, information assurance analyst, and facility control officers conducted out the missions of the day. There was always room to learn being that you are in the same facility and area as you counterparts. This was by the far the best civilian deployment/job i have had thus.
Pros
Benefits, and staff
Cons
long work hours, limited break
I was the Chief Engineer for the Marine Corps Network Efficiency Lab (MCNEL). My project won 4 awards over the past two years. Excellence in Engineering and Innovative Engineering, both of those for the past two years from Marine Corps Systems Command (MARCORSYSCOM).
Employees are not respected or appreciated for what they do. Management is ever-changing and inconsistent.