Fluor Corp.

Fluor Corp. Employee Reviews

Showing all 4,912 reviews
I worked in Kuwait on Al Zour refinery from breaking ground, work was interesting but long shifts in a desert environment. Fluor staff lived in a desert camp with reasonable conditions.I would work for Fluor again as I enjoyed my time with them.
Pros
international full housing
Cons
Long shifts on site
A work day was always filled with work schedules and time lines. Field support was excellent. Support from client management was always good and encouraging
Pros
Good client support
Cons
Procedures and training changes
Great recruiters to guide you through the hiring process. Mandatory orientation for overseas deployment with pay. Depending on job requirements, could be lengthy process because of government regulations and checks.
I did like that every 6 months you were evaluated and there were always possibilities to move up. It’s a great company to work for as a craft worker and lots of opportunity to travel
I feel that this company is near the top for both pay and benefits. They always stressed mission first and personal issues second. I would love to work for them again. They also have a great safety culture. If you are looking to work overseas they are one of the best companies to go with.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Lots of away from home time
Very dysfunctional government run organization. Multiple glass ceilings at all levels for advancement. Middle management is amuck with unqualified (exception being a degree) people with no leadership skills or know-how (real life experience). Unfortunately you will see a typical government driven workforce - 20% of the workforce carrying the other 80%. For young engineers just out of college - good place to get your feet wet but run as soon as you can.
Pros
Competitive wages
Cons
1.5 travel time each way
Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Fluor Corp. is goodPay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Fluor Corp. are competitiveJob security and advancementIn terms of job security at Fluor Corp., I think there is only security for YES people and otherwise protected by friendships.ManagementIn general, managers at Fluor Corp. are incompetentCultureCollaboration with my colleagues at Fluor Corp. is good with certain managers non existent with others difficult to team work although the company preaches teamworkOverallMy experience working at Fluor Corp. was bad
Very professional very good paid friendly Fluor is my family thank you for gime work I love flour I miss you God blest this company thank you very much
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Paid vacation
Excelente compañía para trabajar y aprender, la calificó como una de las mejores empresas en las que he trabjado
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Fluor Corp.?
Routine work as other EPC company. These companies work as support office to Western Offices. Hence, generally do projects at vendor stage which is of bulk nature. Core work is mostly completed in American or EU Offices.
Pros
Flexi work hours
Cons
Completely insecure employment
I have worked in Fluor and it was a great place to learn things. I have joined as a GET and felt that there were not many opportunities for freshers like me.
Good work environment except for the mask requirement. I will never work for a company who will force the mask mandate. Other than the mask mandate it was a good place to work and good environment and decent work.
Cons
no sick time, and no bereavement, no vacation for the 1st year. Mask mandate.
I would work for Fluor anytime. My first and best overall contacting job! I don't have anything bad to say about Fluor, they were a close knit family oriented company. Like I said, as far as being in the office to being in the field I loved being in the field. I great management. They always provided us what they could.
Pros
Great DFac @Bagram
Cons
Dfac @Bagram
Fue muy agradable encontrar un ambiente de alto nivel profesional pero con un trato agradable. Nunca me sentí presionado pero era evidente que se apreciaba el cumplimiento oportuno y la calidad del trabajo. Me agradó también la disposición a ayudar a solucionar y colaborar en la obtención de los objetivos.
The work loads are heavy driving long work days. The work processes are very restrictive and bureaucratic making work more difficult yet providing little benefit in analysis. Engineering data provided to analysts of very poor quality. Company software and computer systems don't support the work required and are very cumbersome to use.
Pros
pay
Cons
Long hours, bureaucracy, limited training
Having worked for them twice, it took the second time to see them for what they are. Regardless of their size, they are a typical construction company with a small construction company mentality, that expects loyalty from its workers but shows them none in return. Unless you're buddies with someone of course :) They lay people off without warning and won't bring them back when they tell them they will. They have been using the Covid epidemic to clean house and shrink staffing but so have other places. Not the worst place to work but go in with your eyes open and don't expect much from them.
Pros
Salary if you're on a project
Cons
High expectations from staff, layoffs without warning, corporate head office is having money issues
It was a good experience because I had the opportunity to work in different phases of the manufacturing process of the Power Plant, and the safety always first
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
To much laid off
Objetive , friendly. The interview was very friendly and aimed at knowing tour skill and knowledge to be carried out.the company is very competitive which causes employees yo he constantly subjected to a lot stress due to delivery date time. Bit in general It a nice company yo work.
Cons
One hour if interview
Fluor India pays fairly well with good benefits and vacation. Nice place among other EPCs to work as there's a lot to learn in big projects they carry out and we get enough time to get it done relaxedly. Very supportive upper management.
Pros
Every alternate week Friday is also off
Cons
Delhi weather is cold in winter
OverallMy experience working at Fluor Corp was terrible. The manager I had was ex-military. All he cared about was you arriving on time. He didn’t desire to train, listen to your goals, or help you succeed. He favored some employees over others. I was lucky to be “favored” but at the end when my assignment he was upset I didn’t want to take another job in another department and I quickly got on his bad side. On my last day he took all my things from my desk. I had nothing to do since he took my supplies. I ended up walking out but grateful they approved my job loss benefits. I would never work for Fluor again.
Very nice environment, good equipment and furnishings. The layoffs quickly follow work load and they do not rehire those laid off before opening up to new applicants.