General Dynamics Information Technology logo
General Dynamics Information Technology

General Dynamics Information Technology Employee Reviews

Found 47 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,588 reviews

Work Place

Interfacing with management and customers. Advancing my learning skills. Organized work place. Requirements Understanding Management. Organized work place. Meeting Customers satisfaction. Happy Customer.

nice workplace

I am specially thanks gdit is a very good company. All employees are very good manner. Salary is on time to time. food is very good. All facilities are there.

Excellent

I was able to work with some of the most knowledgeable people in my craft to improve my skills on all platforms. We serviced the United States Air Force in a deployed environment .

Productive and fun workplace

GDIT was a great company to work for. I enjoyed my time with this company however this company contract in Kuwait ended. GDIT was family supported placing it easy to have your family with you in Kuwait.

Pros

Salary

Cons

percentage of pay raise

Good company but....

Good company, but don't expect to be treated equally. Lots of racial bias in my area. First impressions are huge on this contract. If one manager decides they don't like you, plan on hanging it up sooner rather than later

The work environment was wonderful.

It was the first time that I would wake up and wanted to go to work. I enjoyed the quietness, calm professional personnel I worked with. There was no micro-management which made working incredibly easy and productive. I did not feel pressured and that feeling made me work harder. If I was ever granted the opportunity I would be proud to join the GDIT Team again.

Normal

Normal workplace within the army base and living in the city. Flexible work hours and off days. The position help me to learn too many things in a short time period.

Good work place

This was a good position and company. They were for the betterment of the employee. Management ensured HR policies were followed. Enjoyed the coworkers and staff

Cons

Less money

Ok, not amazing

Busy environment, lots to do. benefits are good. long working days when working overseas. usually 12 hours 7days a week, but you do get paid for hazardous pay and get 30 days off for the year.

Working In Kuwait is Great!

We start our day with planning the right objectives by proper communication with team member and leaders. Increase on knowledge of many international guidelines on material management procedures. Even how complicated things are; there is always an answer from senior's experience and coordination is on #1 priority. Language barriers from diverse personnel is quite a challenge though thanks to Google's Translate - we overcome many obstacles within us. Its about respect of culture and beliefs, and still focus on one goal. "Greetings" and "Goodbye" on a days work is nice - and most specially when the weekends and holidays are just hours away. Also, its nice to know that people's care is within grasp.

Pros

Great Job Timings!

Cons

Temperatures reaches really really high on summer

great work place and family orient

worked with excellent group of people as team. the environment is peaceful, very professional, and every project is a good learning curve toward your work experience skill

Great opportunity

This was my first time stepping out of the country to work. I learned to emprove on my skill and was push to to learn more which was great. Management was great as well because they wnated us to learn more for advancment. We became a family in with in the system. This General Dynamics was very different than todays General Dynamics. It offered stability job security and benefits for growth. But more on the professional level to where other companies employees wanted to get in because they heard and had seen that it was a great place to work.

Pros

Professonal place to work.

Cons

Did not want to work any place else even if you were offered more.

Experience's may vary

Depending on the contract/position, your experience could differ greatly.. You generally work 12 hours a day, five to seven days a week. I haven't had any issues with management, always very helpful and easy going.

Work

Great place to work, especially after retiring from the Navy. Able to learn a different side of the supply in the Middle East.

Pros

Experience

Cons

N/a

Great coworkers, bonus/overtime pay, free coffee, plenty of training and support, opportunities to advance, exchange program, upper level management tries to get to know the lower-level employees, can be fulfilling work

it was a nice work place until the contract came to a sudden end.

it was a onfield out job a 8 hour shift managment was not up to stanard co-workers were cooperative hardest part on the job was during the sandstorms since it was located in the dessert

day to day

I worked with people that didn't know their jobs and I had an opportunity to train them so we both learned. That was a great thing because the personnel that worked for me respected me even more.

Pros

health care

Cons

hours of work

Productive and teamwork

I love this job. It promotes creativity and gives you room for growth. I worked 5 days a week with 2 days off. I managed company assets systemically. Served as Subject Matter Expert for assets allocations.

Pros

The freedom for creativity

Cons

No paid vacations

Great Pay; Bureaucratic Support System

Company is in need of restructuring, operating costs and overhead is costing company productivity. Poor support systems exist for managers and opportunities for employee educational advancement and development is near non-existent.

Cons

Employment is secured against contracts ONLY

Interesting experience

A typical day at work is busy What I have learned is how to use MS ACCESS more effectively and Windows server 2003 Management some good some not so good Co-workers some good some not so good Hardest part of my job sometimes keeping up with the demands as the IT guy Most enjoyable part are the challenges I am presented with and finding a solution.

Pros

Different challenges all the time

Cons

No free coffee

Value Your Time

A typical day starts at 3:00 Am I at work by 5:00 I have learned that time management is valuable in work and life. Great place to earn a great salary the hardest part is getting use to co-worker and they leave.

Pros

Seeing the world

Cons

Temperature 150 degrees in the summer

Ask a question about working or interviewing at General Dynamics Information Technology. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5K