General Dynamics Information Technology

General Dynamics Information Technology Employee Reviews

Kuwait39 reviews

Found 39 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,538 reviews

The pay is good.

Straight time. Come to work on time and Go home at the exact time off. A Holiday is a holiday from work. You need to be physically and mentally fit for the job - if not, might get you in trouble or get an accident on the job. We work with our hands and minds everyday.

Pros

Vacation is Paid

Cons

Hard to get vacation approval in the middle of urgent projects.

General Dynamics Information Technology is a great place to work.

In my experience General Dynamics was a great company to work for.My Project Manager really looked out for his employees. There were education options and chances for advancement when possible.The company works well with veterans and military service.Hardest part of the job for me was leaving it.

Field Service Representative. Job was great! I worked with active military and mostly retired military coworkers.

This job was a contract job in support of military training.Work schedule was set hourly wage. 7:30am-4:00pm. Monday thru Saturday.Contract ended but I would go back in a heartbeat.

Pros

Professional atmosphere. Manager was user friendly.

Cons

Overseas work took me away from family.

nice workplace

I am specially thanks gdit is a very good company. All employees are very good manner. Salary is on time to time. food is very good. All facilities are there.

Excellent

I was able to work with some of the most knowledgeable people in my craft to improve my skills on all platforms. We serviced the United States Air Force in a deployed environment .

Productive and fun workplace

GDIT was a great company to work for. I enjoyed my time with this company however this company contract in Kuwait ended. GDIT was family supported placing it easy to have your family with you in Kuwait.

Pros

Salary

Cons

percentage of pay raise

Work Place

Interfacing with management and customers. Advancing my learning skills. Organized work place. Requirements Understanding Management. Organized work place. Meeting Customers satisfaction. Happy Customer.

Good company but....

Good company, but don't expect to be treated equally. Lots of racial bias in my area. First impressions are huge on this contract. If one manager decides they don't like you, plan on hanging it up sooner rather than later

The work environment was wonderful.

It was the first time that I would wake up and wanted to go to work. I enjoyed the quietness, calm professional personnel I worked with. There was no micro-management which made working incredibly easy and productive. I did not feel pressured and that feeling made me work harder. If I was ever granted the opportunity I would be proud to join the GDIT Team again.

Good work place

This was a good position and company. They were for the betterment of the employee. Management ensured HR policies were followed. Enjoyed the coworkers and staff

Cons

Less money

Ok, not amazing

Busy environment, lots to do. benefits are good. long working days when working overseas. usually 12 hours 7days a week, but you do get paid for hazardous pay and get 30 days off for the year.

great work place and family orient

worked with excellent group of people as team. the environment is peaceful, very professional, and every project is a good learning curve toward your work experience skill

Great opportunity

This was my first time stepping out of the country to work. I learned to emprove on my skill and was push to to learn more which was great. Management was great as well because they wnated us to learn more for advancment. We became a family in with in the system. This General Dynamics was very different than todays General Dynamics. It offered stability job security and benefits for growth. But more on the professional level to where other companies employees wanted to get in because they heard and had seen that it was a great place to work.

Pros

Professonal place to work.

Cons

Did not want to work any place else even if you were offered more.

Experience's may vary

Depending on the contract/position, your experience could differ greatly.. You generally work 12 hours a day, five to seven days a week. I haven't had any issues with management, always very helpful and easy going.

Work

Great place to work, especially after retiring from the Navy. Able to learn a different side of the supply in the Middle East.

Pros

Experience

Cons

N/a

it was a nice work place until the contract came to a sudden end.

it was a onfield out job a 8 hour shift managment was not up to stanard co-workers were cooperative hardest part on the job was during the sandstorms since it was located in the dessert

Productive and teamwork

I love this job. It promotes creativity and gives you room for growth. I worked 5 days a week with 2 days off. I managed company assets systemically. Served as Subject Matter Expert for assets allocations.

Pros

The freedom for creativity

Cons

No paid vacations

Great Pay; Bureaucratic Support System

Company is in need of restructuring, operating costs and overhead is costing company productivity. Poor support systems exist for managers and opportunities for employee educational advancement and development is near non-existent.

Cons

Employment is secured against contracts ONLY

Interesting experience

A typical day at work is busy What I have learned is how to use MS ACCESS more effectively and Windows server 2003 Management some good some not so good Co-workers some good some not so good Hardest part of my job sometimes keeping up with the demands as the IT guy Most enjoyable part are the challenges I am presented with and finding a solution.

Pros

Different challenges all the time

Cons

No free coffee

Great team members to work with and the management was very involved in projects to ensure they were met with the best standards.

I enjoy working with this company, even during the brief time that I have been there. Work environment was as expected, and my co-workers assisted when necessary. I was allowed to work under minimal supervision after gaining the trust within the team to accomplish given tasks.

Pros

Work atmosphere

Cons

Commute to work

Good to Employees who Perform

GDIT is a great company as long as you are a productive employee (and I am). Show them that you are willing to go above and beyond and they will reward you for that. There's a disconnect sometimes between Corporate and the site locations, but I think that's with every company in some way. I think GDIT is a great company!

Pros

Rewards for good work.

Cons

Some Disconnect between senior management and site management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at General Dynamics Information Technology. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits