General Dynamics Information Technology

General Dynamics Information Technology Employee Reviews

Showing all 7,473 reviews
Interfacing with management and customers. Advancing my learning skills. Organized work place. Requirements Understanding Management. Organized work place. Meeting Customers satisfaction. Happy Customer.
I was a Background Investigator with GDIT until I for laid off due to a RIF in 2019 September. I really enjoyed my job. Meeting metrics can be tedious. I was very sad to be laid off twice within a year.
Pros
Flexibility, work from home, TDY travel
Cons
Time consuming, case kickbacks
good benefits.. need better understanding fir there employees depending on who you work for. If you work for certain companies with in GDIT, you many get different benefits. We are not always treated the same.
Company only cares about profits not employees. The military expects contracts to do everything for them and company will work employees to death just to try and please the military.
Pros
On base
Cons
Terrible expectation from military drive you crazy
GDIT has great benefits for employees. They provide great tuition reimbursement for employees. There is not much room for growth as many of the jobs are contracts and you work at the client site. Pay is fair, it could be better but so far, they provide lots of flexibility
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No interaction with management
Your personal experience completely depends on the sector you work for, management chain, whether direct or indirect, type of contract, etc. Indirect employees tend to to be subject to ongoing cutbacks. Direct contract workers are subject to losing work when contract ends. Attrition rate is higher than average. As with any large, publicly traded company, enhancing bottom line and shareholder value are the number one priority. My direct manager happens to be a great guy, so I will stick around as long as he does.
Pros
Flexible/ Work from home
Cons
As with any publicly traded company, you are basically a number on a spreadsheet
Great place to work for. Great culture , learned technical as well as management skills . 5 star .Hard part of job was to get to the office at 8:00AM in morning.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
too much walking
Everyone that I interacted with was very friendly. The management was professional and more than willing to help employees that were still trying to become proficient at their job. The work itself was fairly straight forward but fast paced. Plenty of shift options available. They had several different food trucks that worked on a rotating daily schedule. Their food was always excellent and affordable.
Nothing to say I worked there over 4.5 years ago it was a new company so it was an experience to learn from. There are several locations across the United state
Good company to work for, great management. They tend to underutilize their assets and don't even realize it. They could have automated much of the work I did using python or power shell scripts.
Pros
Education benefits, great first line management
Cons
Stuck in their ways, no remote work
Really nice place to work great supervisor nice employees safe place to the boss is really nicework work team is real friendly upper management is real nice safety is the most hardest part
Pros
Great lunch break
Cons
Great water breaks
My direct management was amazing. The people above them kept making promises and falling flat. Very secure but wish variety was given and i probably would have stayed.
Pros
Amazing benefits, great people from my direct team
Cons
Redunency, nothing varied in my work, no promises made at hire were kept, potential sexism/harassment's issues between colleagues and higher ups
Great people....Awesome supervision! Productive workloads. Daily Task/Assignments and Family Oriented Atmosphere. Time-Off Policies Good for All Employees. Weekly Training Available Mandatory. Health Benefits Available.
Pros
Federal and State Holidays Off.
Cons
Limited parking. Pay Parking for State Employees.
Good pay, flexible schedule, great people and support network. Issues showed up at the end. A number of people were laid off, but we were told our jobs were safe in follow up meetings. We were then given one month of notice that our program was being shut down. Few realistic options were provided for moving to other positions within the company. Disappointing end to what had been a great place to work before that.
Pros
Good pay, great people
Cons
Dishonesty regarding position security, abrupt end to contract with minimal options to change positions
My father said I had unlimmited opportunity, I did not believe and lost out I was at General Dynamics, pomona division in Pomona California but I think they all work the same (general dynamics)
Pros
opportunities I could nor believe
Cons
menters could not tell me
This company cultivates new ideas, growth and education to continue offering the best and updated information/resources in the intelligence community.
I loved working for general dynamics they are respectful and it’s fun place to work I would love to go back to work for this company they try to help you if your stuck on a call and training is fun and it’s easy to make friends because everyone is willing to help out when they can
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
awful management Cannot manage workers properly poor pay company does not value its employees would not recommend for anyone once you get to a certain pay grade no room to advance
I found the place very political with bullying culture. It seemed to be that if your face fitted you got a promotion . I was there 2 years and had about 4 different managers, didn't meet most of them
Pros
Every other Friday off
Cons
Horrid culture
● Work-life balanceGreat benefits great pay.● Pay & benefitsYou get 401K I get every other Sunday off no they’re always giving out awards● Job security and advancementYou can get all the training you want they have advance classes online. job security it’s a contract job so when they let you go and to wait till next open enrollment to get rehired bills continue to come and rent continues to come in kids need to be fed and your car payment and you have no job you can wind up goings Homeless and losing everything. I having your car taken away for me I have a new credit go bad that’s the only thing that I can say about this place unemployment other than that it’s a great place to work.● OverallOver the telephone applications assistance with a customers on Phone providing assistance with application for the marketplace insurance going over the whole application with the consumer after the application has been completed to make sure have everything right to submit our mail to the consumer Obtaining vital and personal information and never discussing it with anyone with the consumer talking with you on the phone and never repeating back any private information Outloud don’t writing it down. And make sure that you write your name on your lunch or it will be eaten or thrown away always lock your stuff up no cell phones on the work floor I guess that’s pretty much it
I worked as a Background Investigator for GDIT for almost a year and a half. While there were bad days on the job, it was always because the person you were investigating was difficult, and had nothing to do with the job itself. The flexibility was amazing, and the pay was pretty decent. I only stopped working here because GDIT did not renew their contract with NBIB for the position I was working.
Pros
Flexibility, make your own schedule, mileage reimbursed
Cons
Troublesome Subjects, inconsistency with Reviewers that review your reports