General Dynamics Information Technology

General Dynamics Information Technology Employee Reviews

Found 7,448 reviews matching the search
Interfacing with management and customers.
Advancing my learning skills.

Organized work place. Requirements

Understanding Management.

Organized work place.

Meeting Customers satisfaction.

Happy Customer.
You receive a job assignment involving weld tacking and or assembling. I learned various trades I havent been exposed to. The management is severely in disarray. 25% of direct management to employee understands how to manage. Upper management seems to be clueless with the employees level of mentality involved to work at this facility. The hardest part of this job is missing materials and rework due to grossly mismanagement. The most enjoyable part of this job are the friends I have made.
Pros
Excellent coworkers
Cons
Management, safety issues, and respecting employees
Long hours, good customer relations and solid team chemistry. Executive Management disconnected and self-absorbed. Executives focused on short term quarterly financial results instead of long term goals and employees well-being
Pros
Interesting work with some great people
Cons
Executive management disconnected and short sited on quarterly finances, at the expense of long term strategy and the well-being of the employees.
● Work-life balance
Good company

● Overall

I really like working at GDIT but management was very disappointed to work with I would say if I had a better team manager I would of stay working GDIT.
Lazy people. FAVORTISM. A lit play the race card. Management does not want to hear it and do nothing. People get extra breaks and no one cares there is no team work. Everyone looks out for themselves. Lots of back stabber.
Pros
Time off
Cons
Favortism
I was on an assignment with medicare doing the updates to the system. I enjoyed doing the work - it was meaningful. We had high standards and ways to verify the accuracy which kept the errors down.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
My manager was a bully - harsh and unreasonable. Other managers seemed ifne.
There alot of people around you to help you and nice .and when you go for training it helps alot with skills you go on the floor good teacher and trainees
Was a brand new contract one and no one had a direct line of communication to each other. Warehouse working conditions with the temperature cold. Adjusted accordingly
The attendance policy is not satisfactory but there pay is great. Enjoyed assisting agents and representatives and helping them understand how to overturn their job better.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Lunch breaks
Fun environment, the company goes out of its way to make sure you are properly prepared for the tasks you are assuming.
The benefits package is also very good.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at General Dynamics Information Technology?
Training materials were not bad, got benefits within a month even tho it was a temp. job, and had plenty of overtime work. Recommend changing PW often ‘cause someone (snoopers) can sign in before you arrive which will lower your overall rating and you don’t get paid for hours not taking calls.
I am very happy with my current job. There are opportunities to move around with the company as GDIT is very large organization and you can find openings in many locations and career fields to meet your needs.
Pros
Good pay for the work.
Cons
The insurance is a high deductible plan and there are no better options.
I have been in DOD training for over 15 years, I have worked for many different companies. GDIT in Pensacola is one of the best outfits I have had the opportunity to work with. Many caring and eager to help people that work at that location. Deadlines are deadlines, everyone has them.
They take money from each check towards a health benefit and this amount varies monthly for some reason. This is in addition to the other medical insurance You opted to be taken from your checks.

They have constant phone, technology issues and they assume everyone is avoiding a call for issues that are their own fault. They will fire you for no reason with no explanation.

They will do ANYTHING to protect their money so they have no understanding of issues that are beyond your control and will threaten not to pay you.
Cons
Very short breaks, micro-managing, greedy
I did not work for General Dynamics Information Technology. I did however work for General Dynamics Fort Worth Division which produced Air Force fighters jets.
A good place to get your career launched and obtain Intel credentials. Need to obtain mentor/sponsor to help navigate the organization to obtain Career advancement
Pros
Diverse locations
Cons
Support from leadership
General Dynamics is a great company to work for! Unfortunately No Jobs with the company available for me in my home of record. I Would definitely work for this company again given the opportunity.
Pros
Pays well
Cons
Overseas away from home
Too much nepotism in the plant.
Computer systems need updated and too many things are still done manually. Welcome to 1985. Some units have over 100 pages of paperwork printed to go with them. Very outdated methods.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Very poor training.
Rude/passive aggressive management. Complaining if you’re a few minutes over break, doesn’t care about the actual work that you do or how many calls you take. Doesn’t care if you actually help callers solve their issues. Just wants you to be on the phones 24/7 taking calls back to back for the man. Doesn’t care if you take thousands of calls, if you aren’t on the phone constantly you will get coached and bitched at. Doesn’t care or want to work with you if you’re unmotivated/tired of doing repetitive things. You’re just a number to them.
Also highly understaffed anytime past 3pm. You will be doing the work of 2 or 3 other people.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Rude supervisors, fast pace call center, understaffed
The program I am a part of was taken over by GDIT in late May. Prior to the handover, there were clear inefficiencies apparent. These materialized two weeks before the turnover when the procurement of manpower was done in the sloppiest and most careless manner possible. Onboarding has taken over a month. The need for particular skill sets in our program was ignored when it was brought to leadership's attention that these skillsets were lacking among the personnel being hired. The transfer of equipment contracts being rented by the previous contract holder has taken 5 weeks and a ridiculous amount of email traffic to do. Especially considering the vehicles are being rented from the same company. Rather than turn these in the contracts could have simply have been carried over.

Leadership has demonstrated at a high level to be myopic and inflexible to the situation on the ground caused by COVID-19 and has been unwilling to adapt to the difficulties it has caused. Considering COVID-19 was not a surprise by the time the contract change occurred I cannot account for this inflexibility. Especially as one would consider the challenges that the program is undergoing in it's current course. Under normal circumstances, a contract enduring the current operational challenges would suggest a degree of flexibility be required to even the most disinterested observer.

Upper leadership has demonstrated a disinterest in listening to the repeated, varied, and increasingly frustrated voices that have announced their dissatisfaction and suggestions for more prudent courses of action from the
 - more...
Pros
Lack of direction, oversight, or concern from leadership allows for a relaxed work environment.
Cons
Lack of support, Inflexible leadership does not allow program to adapt to challenges. Leadership lacks experience, knowledge, or apparent training.
Loved working here great pay and actually get treated like your achieving something the head boss use to come on the floor and work right next to me everyday really loved my time working here
Ask a question about working or interviewing at General Dynamics Information Technology. Our community is ready to answer.
2.5K