General Dynamics Information Technology Employee Reviews in Camp Arifjan

Found 9 reviews matching the search See all 7,095 reviews
The work environment was wonderful.
SAFETY OPS SPECIALIST / CONTRACTOR (Former Employee) –  Kuwait, Camp ArifjanFebruary 28, 2019
It was the first time that I would wake up and wanted to go to work. I enjoyed the quietness, calm professional personnel I worked with. There was no micro-management which made working incredibly easy and productive. I did not feel pressured and that feeling made me work harder.

If I was ever granted the opportunity I would be proud to join the GDIT Team again.
Normal
Supply Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Arifjan, Kuwait.November 15, 2018
Normal workplace within the army base and living in the city. Flexible work hours and off days. The position help me to learn too many things in a short time period.
Mission accomplished
Operation Officer (Current Employee) –  Camp Arifjan,KuwaitJanuary 28, 2015
We have accomplished the mission of 180% achievement in the year 2011, by clearing the pending work.
Pros
Free for inovetic ideas
Cons
Odd hours of work schedule
Great work locations with good Project Managers
Container Management / Sr. Principal Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kuwait / Camp ArifjanNovember 30, 2014
• A typical day at work – Report to work unsupervised. Report to signed work location, conduct customer needs (Military). Plan meetings, site visits, assist users with tracking systems out in the field, prepare spreadsheets for tracking Containers, send out to users in the field to follow to ensure the same measures of accountability is being followed. Monitor accountability of Government owed containers use in CENTCOM (AOR’s).
• What you learned – I learned many areas operating within the CENTCOM areas, how to better assist them with container accountability if high cost to Government was present in their areas for container usage.
• Management – Very supportive of our individual work sections, support off-site work conferences, ensure all employees have correct documents as needed to be sponsored for work.
• Your co-workers – Very helpful when trying to cross train to complete an operation, or to assist you with their operation knowledge to help you get answers you need for the client.
• The hardest part of the job – A big challenge for this type of tracking of operations was to ensure that all personal throughout the Area of Operations (AOR’s) stayed within the detention cost expectations of Carrier (Non-Government Owed) containers not belonging to the Government. As well as ensuring the proper use of all containers being used where within the CENTCOM regulation (Letter of Instructions – LOI).
• The most enjoyable part of the job – Working independently without daily supervision of the Project Manager yet receiving high evaluation reports from the client on my work
  more... performance and support to them.  less
Pros
Housing choice to live in company housing, or find your own housing with company paid support up to X-amount of cost.
Cons
No sick days, Holidays, personal time off. Any time off had to be made up on your day off.
Challenging but rewarding
Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Camp Arifjan, KuwaitSeptember 25, 2013
Working overseas could be quite challenging due to the fact that you have a much longer work day along with more working days within the week then a job that you would find in the United States. A typical work day would range from reviewing resumes for any candidate who was interested in working for the company, interviewing candidates over the phone,setting up files for new employees, managing existing files of all of the company's employees, working directly with management pertaining to the interviewing and hiring process of new candidates, counseling employees for whatever discrepancies that they may have within their department, and managing employee benefits. My job believed in cross-training and tried to get all the employees to help out with as many aspects of HR as possible.

I was able to learn about several different laws pertaining to how HR functions and various different guidelines and rules that were set into place by the company itself. I learned the most effective way to deal with employee issues and how to work well with management.

The management at this company was pretty organized for the most part and most of the managers did well working with the HR department.

My co-workers always tried to help one another out whenever assistance was needed. It was a very good work environment and the morale was always very high.

The hardest part of my job was having to deal with the discrepancies of the management and their employees. Personal feelings would often take precedence over professionalism which would only cause more problems to arise. We always
  more... came up with a solution in the end, but getting there could be challenging at times.

The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to help people weather it was getting them hired, helping them complete their benefits paperwork and/or issues, coming up with a resolution to any employee conflict, and steering employees to the right path.
Pros
Salary was good, great work environment, cross-training
Cons
Long hours with 6-7 day work weeks
Lots of Individual complaints, good work but sometimes work was performed under hostile conditions.
TUSK Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Camp Arifjan, KuwaitApril 28, 2013
There were times when you did not know whether you were a supply clerk or an Field Service Technician. Most of the FSTs were always engaged in supply activities especially after moving from Iraq to Kuwait. We lost a bit of our incentive pay that we were getting in Iraq and me personally was in Iraq for a total of 10 days the reassigned to Kuwait. I personally installed every upgrade of equipment in that tank. From the driver's station to the turret with the New AAC kit installation. That was the air conditioning kit for each of the 4 stations. Driver, Commander, Gunner and Loader had their own air hose to plug into their NBC suit in order to remain cool during middle of the day missions. The work was steady until the end of the contract and then that's when everything began to change. I liked the work that I was assigned, but did not like all of the hostility. From my viewpoint, there seemed to be much favoritism. Certain people could do whatever they wanted and that comprised most of the complaints. Some never worked at all. For me that was the hardest part of the job. I don't really have much to say about the management except they fired the good one that should've been kept. The most enjoyable part was being able to do your job and not be interrupted for any reason. I learned that you have to be totally impervious to any differences and indifferent behavior. You just have to act like it doesn't exist and be responsible for your actions always.
Pros
We were able to use the local PX and dining facility. This was truly a bonus, the housing was good as well as the pay
Cons
Everyone was required to travel in several vans together.
Professional and employee friendly
Principal Engineer Logistic (Former Employee) –  Camp Arifjan, KuwaitFebruary 11, 2013
General Dynamic is an excellent company to work for, because they have demonstrated sincere concerns for their employees. GD ensures employees are given the opportunity to further their education. Every employee in the division which I work was required to set goals and how would the goals be accomplish by measureable results.
Pros
pay and hours work will meet expectation.
Cons
health care can be expensive and can only change enrollment durning a certain period.
Great company to work for.
Network Associate Technician (Current Employee) –  Camp Arifjan, KuwaitNovember 3, 2012
The most enjoyable part of working for GDIT is during the course of a work day you have the opportunity to network and build relationships in your field. Also, the company urges you to obtain computer certifications to better your future earning potential.