General Dynamics Information Technology

General Dynamics Information Technology Employee Reviews for Mechanic in Camp Arifjan

Mechanic1 review
Camp Arifjan1 review
Found 1 review matching the search
Lots of Individual complaints, good work but sometimes work was performed under hostile conditions.
There were times when you did not know whether you were a supply clerk or an Field Service Technician. Most of the FSTs were always engaged in supply activities especially after moving from Iraq to Kuwait. We lost a bit of our incentive pay that we were getting in Iraq and me personally was in Iraq for a total of 10 days the reassigned to Kuwait. I personally installed every upgrade of equipment in that tank. From the driver's station to the turret with the New AAC kit installation. That was the air conditioning kit for each of the 4 stations. Driver, Commander, Gunner and Loader had their own air hose to plug into their NBC suit in order to remain cool during middle of the day missions. The work was steady until the end of the contract and then that's when everything began to change. I liked the work that I was assigned, but did not like all of the hostility. From my viewpoint, there seemed to be much favoritism. Certain people could do whatever they wanted and that comprised most of the complaints. Some never worked at all. For me that was the hardest part of the job. I don't really have much to say about the management except they fired the good one that should've been kept. The most enjoyable part was being able to do your job and not be interrupted for any reason. I learned that you have to be totally impervious to any differences and indifferent behavior. You just have to act like it doesn't exist and be responsible for your actions always.
Pros
We were able to use the local PX and dining facility. This was truly a bonus, the housing was good as well as the pay
Cons
Everyone was required to travel in several vans together.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at General Dynamics Information Technology. Our community is ready to answer.
2.5K