General Dynamics Information Technology

Clear
3.3Job Security & Advancement

Found 13 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,610 reviews

Good company but....

Good company, but don't expect to be treated equally. Lots of racial bias in my area. First impressions are huge on this contract. If one manager decides they don't like you, plan on hanging it up sooner rather than later

Excellent

I was able to work with some of the most knowledgeable people in my craft to improve my skills on all platforms. We serviced the United States Air Force in a deployed environment .

Productive and fun workplace

GDIT was a great company to work for. I enjoyed my time with this company however this company contract in Kuwait ended. GDIT was family supported placing it easy to have your family with you in Kuwait.

Pros

Salary

Cons

percentage of pay raise

great work place and family orient

worked with excellent group of people as team. the environment is peaceful, very professional, and every project is a good learning curve toward your work experience skill

Great opportunity

This was my first time stepping out of the country to work. I learned to emprove on my skill and was push to to learn more which was great. Management was great as well because they wnated us to learn more for advancment. We became a family in with in the system. This General Dynamics was very different than todays General Dynamics. It offered stability job security and benefits for growth. But more on the professional level to where other companies employees wanted to get in because they heard and had seen that it was a great place to work.

Pros

Professonal place to work.

Cons

Did not want to work any place else even if you were offered more.

Work

Great place to work, especially after retiring from the Navy. Able to learn a different side of the supply in the Middle East.

Pros

Experience

Cons

N/a

Productive and teamwork

I love this job. It promotes creativity and gives you room for growth. I worked 5 days a week with 2 days off. I managed company assets systemically. Served as Subject Matter Expert for assets allocations.

Pros

The freedom for creativity

Cons

No paid vacations

Great Pay; Bureaucratic Support System

Company is in need of restructuring, operating costs and overhead is costing company productivity. Poor support systems exist for managers and opportunities for employee educational advancement and development is near non-existent.

Cons

Employment is secured against contracts ONLY

Good to Employees who Perform

GDIT is a great company as long as you are a productive employee (and I am). Show them that you are willing to go above and beyond and they will reward you for that. There's a disconnect sometimes between Corporate and the site locations, but I think that's with every company in some way. I think GDIT is a great company!

Pros

Rewards for good work.

Cons

Some Disconnect between senior management and site management.

Fun and rewarding

Rewarding great place to work exciting.Challenging, diverse group of workforce. strives for excellence

Good job

Senior Principal Analyst Functional was a great job i learned a lot working for central command but is now looking to move out of kuwait after almost 8 years in the middle east. and relocate back to the states in a great logistic job, that will further advance my experience.

Lots of Individual complaints, good work but sometimes work was performed under hostile conditions.

There were times when you did not know whether you were a supply clerk or an Field Service Technician. Most of the FSTs were always engaged in supply activities especially after moving from Iraq to Kuwait. We lost a bit of our incentive pay that we were getting in Iraq and me personally was in Iraq for a total of 10 days the reassigned to Kuwait. I personally installed every upgrade of equipment in that tank. From the driver's station to the turret with the New AAC kit installation. That was the air conditioning kit for each of the 4 stations. Driver, Commander, Gunner and Loader had their own air hose to plug into their NBC suit in order to remain cool during middle of the day missions. The work was steady until the end of the contract and then that's when everything began to change. I liked the work that I was assigned, but did not like all of the hostility. From my viewpoint, there seemed to be much favoritism. Certain people could do whatever they wanted and that comprised most of the complaints. Some never worked at all. For me that was the hardest part of the job. I don't really have much to say about the management except they fired the good one that should've been kept. The most enjoyable part was being able to do your job and not be interrupted for any reason. I learned that you have to be totally impervious to any differences and indifferent behavior. You just have to act like it doesn't exist and be responsible for your actions always.

Pros

We were able to use the local PX and dining facility. This was truly a bonus, the housing was good as well as the pay

Cons

Everyone was required to travel in several vans together.

Great company to work for.

The most enjoyable part of working for GDIT is during the course of a work day you have the opportunity to network and build relationships in your field. Also, the company urges you to obtain computer certifications to better your future earning potential.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at General Dynamics Information Technology. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5K