General Dynamics Information Technology

Kuwait38 reviews

Clear

Found 15 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,452 reviews

Work Place

Interfacing with management and customers. Advancing my learning skills. Organized work place. Requirements Understanding Management. Organized work place. Meeting Customers satisfaction. Happy Customer.

Good company but....

Good company, but don't expect to be treated equally. Lots of racial bias in my area. First impressions are huge on this contract. If one manager decides they don't like you, plan on hanging it up sooner rather than later

The work environment was wonderful.

It was the first time that I would wake up and wanted to go to work. I enjoyed the quietness, calm professional personnel I worked with. There was no micro-management which made working incredibly easy and productive. I did not feel pressured and that feeling made me work harder. If I was ever granted the opportunity I would be proud to join the GDIT Team again.

Good work place

This was a good position and company. They were for the betterment of the employee. Management ensured HR policies were followed. Enjoyed the coworkers and staff

Cons

Less money

Great opportunity

This was my first time stepping out of the country to work. I learned to emprove on my skill and was push to to learn more which was great. Management was great as well because they wnated us to learn more for advancment. We became a family in with in the system. This General Dynamics was very different than todays General Dynamics. It offered stability job security and benefits for growth. But more on the professional level to where other companies employees wanted to get in because they heard and had seen that it was a great place to work.

Pros

Professonal place to work.

Cons

Did not want to work any place else even if you were offered more.

Experience's may vary

Depending on the contract/position, your experience could differ greatly.. You generally work 12 hours a day, five to seven days a week. I haven't had any issues with management, always very helpful and easy going.

Interesting experience

A typical day at work is busy What I have learned is how to use MS ACCESS more effectively and Windows server 2003 Management some good some not so good Co-workers some good some not so good Hardest part of my job sometimes keeping up with the demands as the IT guy Most enjoyable part are the challenges I am presented with and finding a solution.

Pros

Different challenges all the time

Cons

No free coffee

Good to Employees who Perform

GDIT is a great company as long as you are a productive employee (and I am). Show them that you are willing to go above and beyond and they will reward you for that. There's a disconnect sometimes between Corporate and the site locations, but I think that's with every company in some way. I think GDIT is a great company!

Pros

Rewards for good work.

Cons

Some Disconnect between senior management and site management.

Great work locations with good Project Managers

• A typical day at work – Report to work unsupervised. Report to signed work location, conduct customer needs (Military). Plan meetings, site visits, assist users with tracking systems out in the field, prepare spreadsheets for tracking Containers, send out to users in the field to follow to ensure the same measures of accountability is being followed. Monitor accountability of Government owed containers use in CENTCOM (AOR’s). • What you learned – I learned many areas operating within the CENTCOM areas, how to better assist them with container accountability if high cost to Government was present in their areas for container usage. • Management – Very supportive of our individual work sections, support off-site work conferences, ensure all employees have correct documents as needed to be sponsored for work. • Your co-workers – Very helpful when trying to cross train to complete an operation, or to assist you with their operation knowledge to help you get answers you need for the client. • The hardest part of the job – A big challenge for this type of tracking of operations was to ensure that all personal throughout the Area of Operations (AOR’s) stayed within the detention cost expectations of Carrier (Non-Government Owed) containers not belonging to the Government. As well as ensuring the proper use of all containers being used where within the CENTCOM regulation (Letter of Instructions – LOI). • The most enjoyable part of the job – Working independently without daily supervision of the Project Manager yet receiving high evaluation reports from the client on my work -

Pros

Housing choice to live in company housing, or find your own housing with company paid support up to X-amount of cost.

Cons

No sick days, Holidays, personal time off. Any time off had to be made up on your day off.

Great experience.

Great job in Kuwait. Outstanding co-workers. Management was very professional.

Pros

Experience

Cons

Hot Weather

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at General Dynamics Information Technology?

Long Contract days

Management had favorites; and allowed to have family members in subordinate positions. No team-work Did not follow country labor laws

we can improve our knowledge

from GDIT i got the knowledge about the army softwares like SARSS,FEDLOG and also our management support us more than others to get to higher positions and about my seniors and junior co-workers they gave more attachment may be becouse of my charecter.The hardest part of my work is that we get paper for the shippment to product to IRAQ.Free times are the enjoyable parts of the job.

Pros

our food and accomadation made by company

Cons

sometimes we want to work for 15 hours

My job was a team work

The first day of my duty was unforgettable. I learned time management, team work everything from there.my managerial skills was developed from there.my co-workers was highly supportive& the hardest part of my job is continuous night duty. The most enjoyable part of my duty was the organized systematic work schedule.

Pros

I was getting free food & accomadation from my previous employer.

Cons

My duty hours was long like 12 hrs

Challenging but rewarding

Working overseas could be quite challenging due to the fact that you have a much longer work day along with more working days within the week then a job that you would find in the United States. A typical work day would range from reviewing resumes for any candidate who was interested in working for the company, interviewing candidates over the phone,setting up files for new employees, managing existing files of all of the company's employees, working directly with management pertaining to the interviewing and hiring process of new candidates, counseling employees for whatever discrepancies that they may have within their department, and managing employee benefits. My job believed in cross-training and tried to get all the employees to help out with as many aspects of HR as possible. I was able to learn about several different laws pertaining to how HR functions and various different guidelines and rules that were set into place by the company itself. I learned the most effective way to deal with employee issues and how to work well with management. The management at this company was pretty organized for the most part and most of the managers did well working with the HR department. My co-workers always tried to help one another out whenever assistance was needed. It was a very good work environment and the morale was always very high. The hardest part of my job was having to deal with the discrepancies of the management and their employees. Personal feelings would often take precedence over professionalism which would only cause more problems to arise. We always -

Pros

Salary was good, great work environment, cross-training

Cons

Long hours with 6-7 day work weeks

Hear productivity is very excellent,

We are working here 6 days a week every day 8 to 10 hours , We learned about safety about how to growing behavior , about perfect management. I am working with my co-workers together .......

Ask a question about working or interviewing at General Dynamics Information Technology. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

General Dynamics Information Technology Reviews by Location

Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?