General Dynamics Information Technology Management reviews

Found 22 reviews matching the search See all 6,856 reviews
Good company but....
Senior Supervisor for Theater Redeployment Center (Former Employee) –  Camp Arifjan, KuwaitApril 14, 2019
Good company, but don't expect to be treated equally. Lots of racial bias in my area. First impressions are huge on this contract. If one manager decides they don't like you, plan on hanging it up sooner rather than later
The work environment was wonderful.
SAFETY OPS SPECIALIST / CONTRACTOR (Former Employee) –  Kuwait, Camp ArifjanFebruary 28, 2019
It was the first time that I would wake up and wanted to go to work. I enjoyed the quietness, calm professional personnel I worked with. There was no micro-management which made working incredibly easy and productive. I did not feel pressured and that feeling made me work harder.

If I was ever granted the opportunity I would be proud to join the GDIT Team again.
Good work place
Logistics Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  KUWAITJuly 30, 2018
This was a good position and company. They were for the betterment of the employee. Management ensured HR policies were followed. Enjoyed the coworkers and staff
Cons
Less money
Working In Kuwait is Great!
ILS Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Al AsimahMarch 9, 2018
We start our day with planning the right objectives by proper communication with team member and leaders.

Increase on knowledge of many international guidelines on material management procedures. Even how complicated things are; there is always an answer from senior's experience and coordination is on #1 priority.

Language barriers from diverse personnel is quite a challenge though thanks to Google's Translate - we overcome many obstacles within us. Its about respect of culture and beliefs, and still focus on one goal.

"Greetings" and "Goodbye" on a days work is nice - and most specially when the weekends and holidays are just hours away.
Also, its nice to know that people's care is within grasp.
Pros
Great Job Timings!
Cons
Temperatures reaches really really high on summer
Great opportunity
Network Support Technician I, USARCENT 3rd Army (Former Employee) –  KWAugust 20, 2017
This was my first time stepping out of the country to work. I learned to emprove on my skill and was push to to learn more which was great. Management was great as well because they wnated us to learn more for advancment. We became a family in with in the system. This General Dynamics was very different than todays General Dynamics. It offered stability job security and benefits for growth. But more on the professional level to where other companies employees wanted to get in because they heard and had seen that it was a great place to work.
Pros
Professonal place to work.
Cons
Did not want to work any place else even if you were offered more.
Experience's may vary
JOPES (Current Employee) –  KuwaitMay 24, 2017
Depending on the contract/position, your experience could differ greatly..
You generally work 12 hours a day, five to seven days a week.
I haven't had any issues with management, always very helpful and easy going.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  KUWAITMarch 13, 2016
Great coworkers, bonus/overtime pay, free coffee, plenty of training and support, opportunities to advance, exchange program, upper level management tries to get to know the lower-level employees, can be fulfilling work
Interesting experience
Retrograde Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  KuwaitMay 19, 2015
A typical day at work is busy
What I have learned is how to use MS ACCESS more effectively and Windows server 2003
Management some good some not so good
Co-workers some good some not so good
Hardest part of my job sometimes keeping up with the demands as the IT guy
Most enjoyable part are the challenges I am presented with and finding a solution.
Pros
Different challenges all the time
Cons
No free coffee
Value Your Time
Material Handler II (Current Employee) –  kuwaitMarch 18, 2015
A typical day starts at 3:00 Am I at work by 5:00 I have learned that time management is valuable in work and life. Great place to earn a great salary the hardest part is getting use to co-worker and they leave.
Pros
Seeing the world
Cons
Temperature 150 degrees in the summer
Good to Employees who Perform
Logistics Plans Analyst (Current Employee) –  KuwaitJanuary 29, 2015
GDIT is a great company as long as you are a productive employee (and I am). Show them that you are willing to go above and beyond and they will reward you for that. There's a disconnect sometimes between Corporate and the site locations, but I think that's with every company in some way. I think GDIT is a great company!
Pros
Rewards for good work.
Cons
Some Disconnect between senior management and site management.
Great work locations with good Project Managers
Container Management / Sr. Principal Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kuwait / Camp ArifjanNovember 30, 2014
• A typical day at work – Report to work unsupervised. Report to signed work location, conduct customer needs (Military). Plan meetings, site visits, assist users with tracking systems out in the field, prepare spreadsheets for tracking Containers, send out to users in the field to follow to ensure the same measures of accountability is being followed. Monitor accountability of Government owed containers use in CENTCOM (AOR’s).
• What you learned – I learned many areas operating within the CENTCOM areas, how to better assist them with container accountability if high cost to Government was present in their areas for container usage.
• Management – Very supportive of our individual work sections, support off-site work conferences, ensure all employees have correct documents as needed to be sponsored for work.
• Your co-workers – Very helpful when trying to cross train to complete an operation, or to assist you with their operation knowledge to help you get answers you need for the client.
• The hardest part of the job – A big challenge for this type of tracking of operations was to ensure that all personal throughout the Area of Operations (AOR’s) stayed within the detention cost expectations of Carrier (Non-Government Owed) containers not belonging to the Government. As well as ensuring the proper use of all containers being used where within the CENTCOM regulation (Letter of Instructions – LOI).
• The most enjoyable part of the job – Working independently without daily supervision of the Project Manager yet receiving high evaluation reports from the client on my work
  more... performance and support to them.  less
Pros
Housing choice to live in company housing, or find your own housing with company paid support up to X-amount of cost.
Cons
No sick days, Holidays, personal time off. Any time off had to be made up on your day off.
Great experience.
Technical Inspector/ Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  KuwaitOctober 11, 2014
Great job in Kuwait. Outstanding co-workers. Management was very professional.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Hot Weather
Long Contract days
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  KuwaitMay 5, 2014
Management had favorites; and allowed to have family members in subordinate positions.
No team-work
Did not follow country labor laws
Great Experience
Maintenance Manager/SR Principle Analyst (Former Employee) –  KuwaitDecember 19, 2013
Demanding
Adventurous
Management was great
Co-Workers was helpful
we can improve our knowledge
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  kuwaitDecember 16, 2013
from GDIT i got the knowledge about the army softwares like SARSS,FEDLOG and also our management support us more than others to get to higher positions and about my seniors and junior co-workers they gave more attachment may be becouse of my charecter.The hardest part of my work is that we get paper for the shippment to product to IRAQ.Free times are the enjoyable parts of the job.
Pros
our food and accomadation made by company
Cons
sometimes we want to work for 15 hours
My job was a team work
Supply Specialist and Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  kuwaitNovember 9, 2013
The first day of my duty was unforgettable. I learned time management, team work everything from there.my managerial skills was developed from there.my co-workers was highly supportive& the hardest part of my job is continuous night duty. The most enjoyable part of my duty was the organized systematic work schedule.
Pros
I was getting free food & accomadation from my previous employer.
Cons
My duty hours was long like 12 hrs
Challenging but rewarding
Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Camp Arifjan, KuwaitSeptember 25, 2013
Working overseas could be quite challenging due to the fact that you have a much longer work day along with more working days within the week then a job that you would find in the United States. A typical work day would range from reviewing resumes for any candidate who was interested in working for the company, interviewing candidates over the phone,setting up files for new employees, managing existing files of all of the company's employees, working directly with management pertaining to the interviewing and hiring process of new candidates, counseling employees for whatever discrepancies that they may have within their department, and managing employee benefits. My job believed in cross-training and tried to get all the employees to help out with as many aspects of HR as possible.

I was able to learn about several different laws pertaining to how HR functions and various different guidelines and rules that were set into place by the company itself. I learned the most effective way to deal with employee issues and how to work well with management.

The management at this company was pretty organized for the most part and most of the managers did well working with the HR department.

My co-workers always tried to help one another out whenever assistance was needed. It was a very good work environment and the morale was always very high.

The hardest part of my job was having to deal with the discrepancies of the management and their employees. Personal feelings would often take precedence over professionalism which would only cause more problems to arise. We always
  more... came up with a solution in the end, but getting there could be challenging at times.

The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to help people weather it was getting them hired, helping them complete their benefits paperwork and/or issues, coming up with a resolution to any employee conflict, and steering employees to the right path.
Pros
Salary was good, great work environment, cross-training
Cons
Long hours with 6-7 day work weeks
Production supervisor
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  KuwaitMay 27, 2013
I'm used to working 12 hours a day 7 days a week from 6am to 7 pm. I have a degree in business management and dont mind traveling. i have worked overseas since 2009
Lots of Individual complaints, good work but sometimes work was performed under hostile conditions.
TUSK Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Camp Arifjan, KuwaitApril 28, 2013
There were times when you did not know whether you were a supply clerk or an Field Service Technician. Most of the FSTs were always engaged in supply activities especially after moving from Iraq to Kuwait. We lost a bit of our incentive pay that we were getting in Iraq and me personally was in Iraq for a total of 10 days the reassigned to Kuwait. I personally installed every upgrade of equipment in that tank. From the driver's station to the turret with the New AAC kit installation. That was the air conditioning kit for each of the 4 stations. Driver, Commander, Gunner and Loader had their own air hose to plug into their NBC suit in order to remain cool during middle of the day missions. The work was steady until the end of the contract and then that's when everything began to change. I liked the work that I was assigned, but did not like all of the hostility. From my viewpoint, there seemed to be much favoritism. Certain people could do whatever they wanted and that comprised most of the complaints. Some never worked at all. For me that was the hardest part of the job. I don't really have much to say about the management except they fired the good one that should've been kept. The most enjoyable part was being able to do your job and not be interrupted for any reason. I learned that you have to be totally impervious to any differences and indifferent behavior. You just have to act like it doesn't exist and be responsible for your actions always.
Pros
We were able to use the local PX and dining facility. This was truly a bonus, the housing was good as well as the pay
Cons
Everyone was required to travel in several vans together.
Hear productivity is very excellent,
Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  KuwaitJanuary 13, 2013
We are working here 6 days a week every day 8 to 10 hours , We learned about safety about how to growing behavior , about perfect management. I am working with my co-workers together .......

Ask a question about working or interviewing at General Dynamics Information Technology. Our community is ready to answer.

52.3K