General Dynamics Information Technology Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 14 reviews matching the search See all 7,146 reviews
nice workplace
asst.campboss (Former Employee) –  kuwaitNovember 14, 2019
I am specially thanks gdit is a very good company.
All employees are very good manner.
Salary is on time to time.
food is very good.
All facilities are there.
Productive and fun workplace
SR. Maintenance Supervisor/Logistician (Former Employee) –  KuwaitSeptember 19, 2019
GDIT was a great company to work for. I enjoyed my time with this company however this company contract in Kuwait ended. GDIT was family supported placing it easy to have your family with you in Kuwait.
Pros
Salary
Cons
percentage of pay raise
Normal
Supply Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Arifjan, Kuwait.November 15, 2018
Normal workplace within the army base and living in the city. Flexible work hours and off days. The position help me to learn too many things in a short time period.
Great opportunity
Network Support Technician I, USARCENT 3rd Army (Former Employee) –  KWAugust 20, 2017
This was my first time stepping out of the country to work. I learned to emprove on my skill and was push to to learn more which was great. Management was great as well because they wnated us to learn more for advancment. We became a family in with in the system. This General Dynamics was very different than todays General Dynamics. It offered stability job security and benefits for growth. But more on the professional level to where other companies employees wanted to get in because they heard and had seen that it was a great place to work.
Pros
Professonal place to work.
Cons
Did not want to work any place else even if you were offered more.
Value Your Time
Material Handler II (Current Employee) –  kuwaitMarch 18, 2015
A typical day starts at 3:00 Am I at work by 5:00 I have learned that time management is valuable in work and life. Great place to earn a great salary the hardest part is getting use to co-worker and they leave.
Pros
Seeing the world
Cons
Temperature 150 degrees in the summer
Mission accomplished
Operation Officer (Current Employee) –  Camp Arifjan,KuwaitJanuary 28, 2015
We have accomplished the mission of 180% achievement in the year 2011, by clearing the pending work.
Pros
Free for inovetic ideas
Cons
Odd hours of work schedule
My job was a team work
Supply Specialist and Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  kuwaitNovember 9, 2013
The first day of my duty was unforgettable. I learned time management, team work everything from there.my managerial skills was developed from there.my co-workers was highly supportive& the hardest part of my job is continuous night duty. The most enjoyable part of my duty was the organized systematic work schedule.
Pros
I was getting free food & accomadation from my previous employer.
Cons
My duty hours was long like 12 hrs
Challenging but rewarding
Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Camp Arifjan, KuwaitSeptember 25, 2013
Working overseas could be quite challenging due to the fact that you have a much longer work day along with more working days within the week then a job that you would find in the United States. A typical work day would range from reviewing resumes for any candidate who was interested in working for the company, interviewing candidates over the phone,setting up files for new employees, managing existing files of all of the company's employees, working directly with management pertaining to the interviewing and hiring process of new candidates, counseling employees for whatever discrepancies that they may have within their department, and managing employee benefits. My job believed in cross-training and tried to get all the employees to help out with as many aspects of HR as possible.

I was able to learn about several different laws pertaining to how HR functions and various different guidelines and rules that were set into place by the company itself. I learned the most effective way to deal with employee issues and how to work well with management.

The management at this company was pretty organized for the most part and most of the managers did well working with the HR department.

My co-workers always tried to help one another out whenever assistance was needed. It was a very good work environment and the morale was always very high.

The hardest part of my job was having to deal with the discrepancies of the management and their employees. Personal feelings would often take precedence over professionalism which would only cause more problems to arise. We always
  more... came up with a solution in the end, but getting there could be challenging at times.

The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to help people weather it was getting them hired, helping them complete their benefits paperwork and/or issues, coming up with a resolution to any employee conflict, and steering employees to the right path.
Pros
Salary was good, great work environment, cross-training
Cons
Long hours with 6-7 day work weeks
GDIT is an awesome company to work as an contractor with many benefits and end of year bonuses.
Strategic Human Resources Personnel Planner (Current Employee) –  KuwaitJune 20, 2013
Working for GDIT as a Strategic Human Resources Personnel Planner as the subject matter expert for the US Army is very excited and enjoyable, the people are friendly and the job has provided the upmost security working overseas, the pay is excellent along with the benefits. The company is very reliable and responds to any issuse within 24 hours because of the time different.
Pros
Housing and a vehicle is provided with everything included, do not have to pay any extra money out of pocket dealing with living expenses.
Cons
No cons
Table Tennis
Computer Operator (Current Employee) –  KuwaitNovember 28, 2012
When first time, I have talked to my American Supervisor(Laster Ager)
Safety first, Depend on yourself, Every time be alert about your work, Work place keep neat & clean, To keep all document in proper order, proper filing
If we want to get our goal, we have to work together,
Keep patience, Efficient work with truly,
Work with different speakers of languages I mean Different kind of people.
Pros
free food, free accommodation
Cons
free medical
Unique mission that provided a great opportunity for professional growth
JOURNEYMAN ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee) –  KuwaitNovember 7, 2012
As a contractor for a communication organization I had very little contact with the company and was more engaged with the client (military). The unique mission required me to always be ready to troubleshoot and remediate problems with little or no notice. I had the opportunity to think outside the box and mitigate deficiencies in a combat environment that were detrimental to the keeping the soldiers safe in Southwest Asia. I had a great group of service members that I worked with. The hardest part of the job was working in such a dangerous environment and not knowing what to expect. The most enjoyable part was being able to still serve my country and work with such dedicated soldiers that kept a high morale. Even though I worked for GDIT, I received all guidance and tasks from the military. The company provided me with a great opportunity that I am grateful for.
Pros
helping a military organization that has such a critical mission and the tax free salary
Cons
the dangerous working environment and being away from my family
Orignazation Day Games and BBQ
supply warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  KuwaitOctober 9, 2012
>Good days someday/somedays stress
>I learn self control.
>Managment was good most of the time sometime double standard.
> Good
> The heat ouside
> I enjoyed shopping for supplies
Pros
awards cermories
Cons
health care was offer for cilivains
productive and fast paced environment, always challeging
Technical Inspector Lead (Current Employee) –  KuwaitJune 7, 2012
Working at this company is good but better if there were good benefits, overtime pay or at least holiday pay. Management were more involved in work issues. But other than that its ok