General Dynamics Information Technology

Clear
3.8Pay & Benefits

Found 13 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,610 reviews

Ok, not amazing

Busy environment, lots to do. benefits are good. long working days when working overseas. usually 12 hours 7days a week, but you do get paid for hazardous pay and get 30 days off for the year.

nice workplace

I am specially thanks gdit is a very good company. All employees are very good manner. Salary is on time to time. food is very good. All facilities are there.

Productive and fun workplace

GDIT was a great company to work for. I enjoyed my time with this company however this company contract in Kuwait ended. GDIT was family supported placing it easy to have your family with you in Kuwait.

Pros

Salary

Cons

percentage of pay raise

Normal

Normal workplace within the army base and living in the city. Flexible work hours and off days. The position help me to learn too many things in a short time period.

Great opportunity

This was my first time stepping out of the country to work. I learned to emprove on my skill and was push to to learn more which was great. Management was great as well because they wnated us to learn more for advancment. We became a family in with in the system. This General Dynamics was very different than todays General Dynamics. It offered stability job security and benefits for growth. But more on the professional level to where other companies employees wanted to get in because they heard and had seen that it was a great place to work.

Pros

Professonal place to work.

Cons

Did not want to work any place else even if you were offered more.

Value Your Time

A typical day starts at 3:00 Am I at work by 5:00 I have learned that time management is valuable in work and life. Great place to earn a great salary the hardest part is getting use to co-worker and they leave.

Pros

Seeing the world

Cons

Temperature 150 degrees in the summer

Mission accomplished

We have accomplished the mission of 180% achievement in the year 2011, by clearing the pending work.

Pros

Free for inovetic ideas

Cons

Odd hours of work schedule

My job was a team work

The first day of my duty was unforgettable. I learned time management, team work everything from there.my managerial skills was developed from there.my co-workers was highly supportive& the hardest part of my job is continuous night duty. The most enjoyable part of my duty was the organized systematic work schedule.

Pros

I was getting free food & accomadation from my previous employer.

Cons

My duty hours was long like 12 hrs

Challenging but rewarding

Working overseas could be quite challenging due to the fact that you have a much longer work day along with more working days within the week then a job that you would find in the United States. A typical work day would range from reviewing resumes for any candidate who was interested in working for the company, interviewing candidates over the phone,setting up files for new employees, managing existing files of all of the company's employees, working directly with management pertaining to the interviewing and hiring process of new candidates, counseling employees for whatever discrepancies that they may have within their department, and managing employee benefits. My job believed in cross-training and tried to get all the employees to help out with as many aspects of HR as possible. I was able to learn about several different laws pertaining to how HR functions and various different guidelines and rules that were set into place by the company itself. I learned the most effective way to deal with employee issues and how to work well with management. The management at this company was pretty organized for the most part and most of the managers did well working with the HR department. My co-workers always tried to help one another out whenever assistance was needed. It was a very good work environment and the morale was always very high. The hardest part of my job was having to deal with the discrepancies of the management and their employees. Personal feelings would often take precedence over professionalism which would only cause more problems to arise. We always -

Pros

Salary was good, great work environment, cross-training

Cons

Long hours with 6-7 day work weeks

GDIT is an awesome company to work as an contractor with many benefits and end of year bonuses.

Working for GDIT as a Strategic Human Resources Personnel Planner as the subject matter expert for the US Army is very excited and enjoyable, the people are friendly and the job has provided the upmost security working overseas, the pay is excellent along with the benefits. The company is very reliable and responds to any issuse within 24 hours because of the time different.

Pros

Housing and a vehicle is provided with everything included, do not have to pay any extra money out of pocket dealing with living expenses.

Cons

No cons

Unique mission that provided a great opportunity for professional growth

As a contractor for a communication organization I had very little contact with the company and was more engaged with the client (military). The unique mission required me to always be ready to troubleshoot and remediate problems with little or no notice. I had the opportunity to think outside the box and mitigate deficiencies in a combat environment that were detrimental to the keeping the soldiers safe in Southwest Asia. I had a great group of service members that I worked with. The hardest part of the job was working in such a dangerous environment and not knowing what to expect. The most enjoyable part was being able to still serve my country and work with such dedicated soldiers that kept a high morale. Even though I worked for GDIT, I received all guidance and tasks from the military. The company provided me with a great opportunity that I am grateful for.

Pros

helping a military organization that has such a critical mission and the tax free salary

Cons

the dangerous working environment and being away from my family

Orignazation Day Games and BBQ

>Good days someday/somedays stress>I learn self control.>Managment was good most of the time sometime double standard.> Good> The heat ouside> I enjoyed shopping for supplies

Pros

awards cermories

Cons

health care was offer for cilivains

productive and fast paced environment, always challeging

Working at this company is good but better if there were good benefits, overtime pay or at least holiday pay. Management were more involved in work issues. But other than that its ok

Ask a question about working or interviewing at General Dynamics Information Technology. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5K