General Dynamics Information Technology Employee Review

View all General Dynamics Information Technology reviews

Great work locations with good Project Managers
Container Management / Sr. Principal Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kuwait / Camp ArifjanNovember 30, 2014
• A typical day at work – Report to work unsupervised. Report to signed work location, conduct customer needs (Military). Plan meetings, site visits, assist users with tracking systems out in the field, prepare spreadsheets for tracking Containers, send out to users in the field to follow to ensure the same measures of accountability is being followed. Monitor accountability of Government owed containers use in CENTCOM (AOR’s).
• What you learned – I learned many areas operating within the CENTCOM areas, how to better assist them with container accountability if high cost to Government was present in their areas for container usage.
• Management – Very supportive of our individual work sections, support off-site work conferences, ensure all employees have correct documents as needed to be sponsored for work.
• Your co-workers – Very helpful when trying to cross train to complete an operation, or to assist you with their operation knowledge to help you get answers you need for the client.
• The hardest part of the job – A big challenge for this type of tracking of operations was to ensure that all personal throughout the Area of Operations (AOR’s) stayed within the detention cost expectations of Carrier (Non-Government Owed) containers not belonging to the Government. As well as ensuring the proper use of all containers being used where within the CENTCOM regulation (Letter of Instructions – LOI).
• The most enjoyable part of the job – Working independently without daily supervision of the Project Manager yet receiving high evaluation reports from the client on my work
  more... performance and support to them.  less
Pros
Housing choice to live in company housing, or find your own housing with company paid support up to X-amount of cost.
Cons
No sick days, Holidays, personal time off. Any time off had to be made up on your day off.

Other General Dynamics Information Technology Employee Reviews

Excellent
Cyber Defense Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  KuwaitOctober 11, 2019
I was able to work with some of the most knowledgeable people in my craft to improve my skills on all platforms. We serviced the United States Air Force in a deployed environment .
Productive and fun workplace
SR. Maintenance Supervisor/Logistician (Former Employee) –  KuwaitSeptember 19, 2019
GDIT was a great company to work for. I enjoyed my time with this company however this company contract in Kuwait ended. GDIT was family supported placing it easy to have your family with you in Kuwait.
Pros
Salary
Cons
percentage of pay raise

Ask a question about working or interviewing at General Dynamics Information Technology. Our community is ready to answer.

52.4K