General Dynamics Information Technology Employee Review

View all General Dynamics Information Technology reviews

Challenging but rewarding
Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Camp Arifjan, KuwaitSeptember 25, 2013
Working overseas could be quite challenging due to the fact that you have a much longer work day along with more working days within the week then a job that you would find in the United States. A typical work day would range from reviewing resumes for any candidate who was interested in working for the company, interviewing candidates over the phone,setting up files for new employees, managing existing files of all of the company's employees, working directly with management pertaining to the interviewing and hiring process of new candidates, counseling employees for whatever discrepancies that they may have within their department, and managing employee benefits. My job believed in cross-training and tried to get all the employees to help out with as many aspects of HR as possible.

I was able to learn about several different laws pertaining to how HR functions and various different guidelines and rules that were set into place by the company itself. I learned the most effective way to deal with employee issues and how to work well with management.

The management at this company was pretty organized for the most part and most of the managers did well working with the HR department.

My co-workers always tried to help one another out whenever assistance was needed. It was a very good work environment and the morale was always very high.

The hardest part of my job was having to deal with the discrepancies of the management and their employees. Personal feelings would often take precedence over professionalism which would only cause more problems to arise. We always
  more... came up with a solution in the end, but getting there could be challenging at times.

The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to help people weather it was getting them hired, helping them complete their benefits paperwork and/or issues, coming up with a resolution to any employee conflict, and steering employees to the right path.
Pros
Salary was good, great work environment, cross-training
Cons
Long hours with 6-7 day work weeks

Other General Dynamics Information Technology Employee Reviews

Excellent
Cyber Defense Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  KuwaitOctober 11, 2019
I was able to work with some of the most knowledgeable people in my craft to improve my skills on all platforms. We serviced the United States Air Force in a deployed environment .
Productive and fun workplace
SR. Maintenance Supervisor/Logistician (Former Employee) –  KuwaitSeptember 19, 2019
GDIT was a great company to work for. I enjoyed my time with this company however this company contract in Kuwait ended. GDIT was family supported placing it easy to have your family with you in Kuwait.
Pros
Salary
Cons
percentage of pay raise

Ask a question about working or interviewing at General Dynamics Information Technology. Our community is ready to answer.

52.4K