General Dynamics Information Technology Employee Reviews

Found 43 reviews matching the search See all 6,747 reviews
Great work locations with good Project Managers
Container Management / Sr. Principal Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kuwait / Camp ArifjanNovember 30, 2014
• A typical day at work – Report to work unsupervised. Report to signed work location, conduct customer needs (Military). Plan meetings, site visits, assist users with tracking systems out in the field, prepare spreadsheets for tracking Containers, send out to users in the field to follow to ensure the same measures of accountability is being followed. Monitor accountability of Government owed containers use in CENTCOM (AOR’s).
• What you learned – I learned many areas operating within the CENTCOM areas, how to better assist them with container accountability if high cost to Government was present in their areas for container usage.
• Management – Very supportive of our individual work sections, support off-site work conferences, ensure all employees have correct documents as needed to be sponsored for work.
• Your co-workers – Very helpful when trying to cross train to complete an operation, or to assist you with their operation knowledge to help you get answers you need for the client.
• The hardest part of the job – A big challenge for this type of tracking of operations was to ensure that all personal throughout the Area of Operations (AOR’s) stayed within the detention cost expectations of Carrier (Non-Government Owed) containers not belonging to the Government. As well as ensuring the proper use of all containers being used where within the CENTCOM regulation (Letter of Instructions – LOI).
• The most enjoyable part of the job – Working independently without daily supervision of the Project Manager yet receiving high evaluation reports from the client on my work
  more... performance and support to them.  less
Pros
Housing choice to live in company housing, or find your own housing with company paid support up to X-amount of cost.
Cons
No sick days, Holidays, personal time off. Any time off had to be made up on your day off.
Fun and rewarding
Senior Supply Manager (Current Employee) –  Kuwait City, KUNovember 2, 2014
Rewarding great place to work exciting.Challenging, diverse group of workforce. strives for excellence
Great experience.
Technical Inspector/ Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  KuwaitOctober 11, 2014
Great job in Kuwait. Outstanding co-workers. Management was very professional.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Hot Weather
kuwait
Branch Safety Representative (Former Employee) –  kuwaitJune 27, 2014
well in kuwait there is hard wok which i like so much. and i learn so much over there in gulf country as wel as managment is good they take right decision . and the hards part of job in kuwait there is to much hit you can not work in out side but stilll the people they work i really enjoyed the work which they provied
Wonderful work place
Senior Instructor for Mobile MOUT (Former Employee) –  KUWAITJune 23, 2014
Checking my equipment and making show that everything is working for the soldiers training.

That my job makes a difference in what they do.

Very good, let the training be conducted professionally at all times.

They or best they support you always.

Working in sand storms but for the soldiers it not hard.

The most enjoyable part of my job is when the soldiers come and thank me for a great facility that allow them to trained the way they fight.
Pros
Cons
Very good company they work with you.
Long Contract days
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  KuwaitMay 5, 2014
Management had favorites; and allowed to have family members in subordinate positions.
No team-work
Did not follow country labor laws
Good job
Senior Principal Analyst Functional (Current Employee) –  KUWAITMarch 4, 2014
Senior Principal Analyst Functional was a great job i learned a lot working for central command but is now looking to move out of kuwait after almost 8 years in the middle east. and relocate back to the states in a great logistic job, that will further advance my experience.
Great Experience
Maintenance Manager/SR Principle Analyst (Former Employee) –  KuwaitDecember 19, 2013
Demanding
Adventurous
Management was great
Co-Workers was helpful
we can improve our knowledge
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  kuwaitDecember 16, 2013
from GDIT i got the knowledge about the army softwares like SARSS,FEDLOG and also our management support us more than others to get to higher positions and about my seniors and junior co-workers they gave more attachment may be becouse of my charecter.The hardest part of my work is that we get paper for the shippment to product to IRAQ.Free times are the enjoyable parts of the job.
Pros
our food and accomadation made by company
Cons
sometimes we want to work for 15 hours
My job was a team work
Supply Specialist and Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  kuwaitNovember 9, 2013
The first day of my duty was unforgettable. I learned time management, team work everything from there.my managerial skills was developed from there.my co-workers was highly supportive& the hardest part of my job is continuous night duty. The most enjoyable part of my duty was the organized systematic work schedule.
Pros
I was getting free food & accomadation from my previous employer.
Cons
My duty hours was long like 12 hrs
Challenging but rewarding
Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Camp Arifjan, KuwaitSeptember 25, 2013
Working overseas could be quite challenging due to the fact that you have a much longer work day along with more working days within the week then a job that you would find in the United States. A typical work day would range from reviewing resumes for any candidate who was interested in working for the company, interviewing candidates over the phone,setting up files for new employees, managing existing files of all of the company's employees, working directly with management pertaining to the interviewing and hiring process of new candidates, counseling employees for whatever discrepancies that they may have within their department, and managing employee benefits. My job believed in cross-training and tried to get all the employees to help out with as many aspects of HR as possible.

I was able to learn about several different laws pertaining to how HR functions and various different guidelines and rules that were set into place by the company itself. I learned the most effective way to deal with employee issues and how to work well with management.

The management at this company was pretty organized for the most part and most of the managers did well working with the HR department.

My co-workers always tried to help one another out whenever assistance was needed. It was a very good work environment and the morale was always very high.

The hardest part of my job was having to deal with the discrepancies of the management and their employees. Personal feelings would often take precedence over professionalism which would only cause more problems to arise. We always
  more... came up with a solution in the end, but getting there could be challenging at times.

The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to help people weather it was getting them hired, helping them complete their benefits paperwork and/or issues, coming up with a resolution to any employee conflict, and steering employees to the right path.
Pros
Salary was good, great work environment, cross-training
Cons
Long hours with 6-7 day work weeks
GDIT is an awesome company to work as an contractor with many benefits and end of year bonuses.
Strategic Human Resources Personnel Planner  (Current Employee) –  KuwaitJune 20, 2013
Working for GDIT as a Strategic Human Resources Personnel Planner as the subject matter expert for the US Army is very excited and enjoyable, the people are friendly and the job has provided the upmost security working overseas, the pay is excellent along with the benefits. The company is very reliable and responds to any issuse within 24 hours because of the time different.
Pros
Housing and a vehicle is provided with everything included, do not have to pay any extra money out of pocket dealing with living expenses.
Cons
No cons
Fun work place
Supply Technician (Current Employee) –  KUWAIT June 19, 2013
Filling out army forms.
How to manage PBUSE
Ok
My co-works are fun to work with
finding equipment
getting off
Pros
Good people
Cons
Live to far from work
Production supervisor
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  KuwaitMay 27, 2013
I'm used to working 12 hours a day 7 days a week from 6am to 7 pm. I have a degree in business management and dont mind traveling. i have worked overseas since 2009
Lots of Individual complaints, good work but sometimes work was performed under hostile conditions.
TUSK Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Camp Arifjan, KuwaitApril 28, 2013
There were times when you did not know whether you were a supply clerk or an Field Service Technician. Most of the FSTs were always engaged in supply activities especially after moving from Iraq to Kuwait. We lost a bit of our incentive pay that we were getting in Iraq and me personally was in Iraq for a total of 10 days the reassigned to Kuwait. I personally installed every upgrade of equipment in that tank. From the driver's station to the turret with the New AAC kit installation. That was the air conditioning kit for each of the 4 stations. Driver, Commander, Gunner and Loader had their own air hose to plug into their NBC suit in order to remain cool during middle of the day missions. The work was steady until the end of the contract and then that's when everything began to change. I liked the work that I was assigned, but did not like all of the hostility. From my viewpoint, there seemed to be much favoritism. Certain people could do whatever they wanted and that comprised most of the complaints. Some never worked at all. For me that was the hardest part of the job. I don't really have much to say about the management except they fired the good one that should've been kept. The most enjoyable part was being able to do your job and not be interrupted for any reason. I learned that you have to be totally impervious to any differences and indifferent behavior. You just have to act like it doesn't exist and be responsible for your actions always.
Pros
We were able to use the local PX and dining facility. This was truly a bonus, the housing was good as well as the pay
Cons
Everyone was required to travel in several vans together.
Professional and employee friendly
Principal Engineer Logistic (Former Employee) –  Camp Arifjan, KuwaitFebruary 11, 2013
General Dynamic is an excellent company to work for, because they have demonstrated sincere concerns for their employees. GD ensures employees are given the opportunity to further their education. Every employee in the division which I work was required to set goals and how would the goals be accomplish by measureable results.
Pros
pay and hours work will meet expectation.
Cons
health care can be expensive and can only change enrollment durning a certain period.
Hear productivity is very excellent,
Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  KuwaitJanuary 13, 2013
We are working here 6 days a week every day 8 to 10 hours , We learned about safety about how to growing behavior , about perfect management. I am working with my co-workers together .......
Table Tennis
Computer Operator (Current Employee) –  KuwaitNovember 28, 2012
When first time, I have talked to my American Supervisor(Laster Ager)
Safety first, Depend on yourself, Every time be alert about your work, Work place keep neat & clean, To keep all document in proper order, proper filing
If we want to get our goal, we have to work together,
Keep patience, Efficient work with truly,
Work with different speakers of languages I mean Different kind of people.
Pros
free food, free accommodation
Cons
free medical
Unique mission that provided a great opportunity for professional growth
JOURNEYMAN ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee) –  KuwaitNovember 7, 2012
As a contractor for a communication organization I had very little contact with the company and was more engaged with the client (military). The unique mission required me to always be ready to troubleshoot and remediate problems with little or no notice. I had the opportunity to think outside the box and mitigate deficiencies in a combat environment that were detrimental to the keeping the soldiers safe in Southwest Asia. I had a great group of service members that I worked with. The hardest part of the job was working in such a dangerous environment and not knowing what to expect. The most enjoyable part was being able to still serve my country and work with such dedicated soldiers that kept a high morale. Even though I worked for GDIT, I received all guidance and tasks from the military. The company provided me with a great opportunity that I am grateful for.
Pros
helping a military organization that has such a critical mission and the tax free salary
Cons
the dangerous working environment and being away from my family
Great company to work for.
Network Associate Technician (Current Employee) –  Camp Arifjan, KuwaitNovember 3, 2012
The most enjoyable part of working for GDIT is during the course of a work day you have the opportunity to network and build relationships in your field. Also, the company urges you to obtain computer certifications to better your future earning potential.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at General Dynamics Information Technology. Our community is ready to answer.

52.2K