Halliburton

Halliburton Employee Reviews

Found 6,321 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,323 reviews

Stressful company

Too much stress without any reason & always layoff their long term employees for cost saving under Reduction in force without any valid reason or justification just Reduction in force is enough to end your career

Un buen lugar para trabajar

Buen lugar de trabajo con personal altamente cualificado

The office staff

Halliburton was great to work for, I really enjoyed working with the people in the field and the office. They sent me around the world, it was a schooling that you will not find in college.

Pros

advancement

Cons

work alot of days per month

Es una exelente empresa

Para mi es una empresa la cual cumple con tofos los extandarea de calidad

Pros

El conocimiento y la preparacion

Cons

La competividad en la rama

Hard work, but worth it

I absolutely loved working for Halliburton. Great benefits, good work life balance with a 2 week on, 1 week off schedule. Decent hourly pay, with an abundance of overtime. Leadership seemed to understand that it was often a rough, back breaking job and really took care of the employees

Pros

Cons

The only 2 cons are the intesity of physical work at times, which isn't for everyone, and the brutal weather in Wyoming. Obviously, that has nothing to do with Halliburton.

Toxic work culture

Will highly mistreat you when your a green hat , half of the supervisors will tear you down instead of constructive criticism. They will fire you out of the blue and your treated like a number. Personally was threatened by a supervisor because I looked at him the wrong way.. met one of the hardest working men I've ever met out there and he had been out there for over 10 years and still was doing the same things that I was doing because they didn't like him.. so dont expect to move up unless your one of the supervisors good friends.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Toxic culture short breaks

On the job training

This company is not good, they don't care about their workers or the environment and don't practice what they preach, what ever you suggests is good as long as it does not cost any money to them.

Pros

Cons

Very long hours

Good having something to do different all the time. The bed various hours worked and weather conditions

Working at Halliburton energy services I enjoyed the most driving the different pieces of equipment and meeting different people are and I enjoy driving the most

Driver

Best driving company there is. Best Pay. 2 weeks on 1 week off. 80-100k a year. If you're going to be a truck driver there's no better place than here. If sand runs low we do other runs.

Pros

pay schedule

Cons

24 hour reset gets old

Overall pretty good

Long hours but stable company. Good pay and benefits. Lots of opportunity for growth.Oil industry can be less stable for job security due to downturns.

Political

Very political, not worth the stress. Pay is change, only make decent money but working ungodly hours. Top guys get all the benefits, it's not what you know it's who you know. A lot of issues get swept under the rug

Pros

The Uniforms

Cons

All most everything else

Una escuela con sueldo!

Puedes aprender mucho mientras trajabando con este compania. No pagan igual que companias otras de petrol pero Halliburton oferece muchas opportunidades para apredender.

Mostly bad

if you are not part of a click then you are not going anywhere in halliburton, so you have to try and be liked by the management,in drive with no hours and drive bad equipment.

Pros

Not much

Cons

Alot

Eh first frac job

It's doesn't seem bad for a first timer in the frac world but the pay sucks and you start with one coverall... it seems like you have to go to your knees to get another set after 3 months

Pros

Time off, overtime

Cons

Lack of attention to new recruits

The time away from home was a little much

The pay and benefits were awesome. The time away from home was a little much. But at least i didnt have time to get tired of seeing my family. The travel was a pain at times.

Pros

money

Cons

work life balance

Otima empresa

Boa empresa, valorisa sua mão de obra. Bons benefícios

Very good local Aussie workmates and o/s workers

There was training to adapt to new skills, by good teachers i.e. lab managers etc. It was a FIFO, 2weeks on, 2 off .'til they started using my innate skills to their advantage. One aust. management boss in Perth was so so good I started emulating him. I saw burnout but it was rare.

Pros

Food and travel, good co-workers.

Cons

None seen by me.

Fun Work but cyclical

Spent 5 years as a contractor. I saw a lot of good people get laid off during downturns and a lot of contractors get hired to replace them. The work was interesting but be prepared to deal with the cyclical nature of the oil field.

Ok Company to Work for

Good company, but not when it comes to fair pay and keeping you in the loop. I like the idea of 14 on and 7 days off. I liked most of the people I worked with, but management treats you like a number. It is a dangerous job so you have to be alert at all times. The thing I enjoyed the most is my peers, we work well together, with the exception of the engineers who are lazy and expect the operators to do all the work

Pros

Time off

Cons

Horribe Engineers

Great Coworkers

Great place to learn and advance. Team environment and safety was important. Love the energy and high paced environment. Would recommend as a awesome place to work.

Just a Number

Poor leader, always on call, bad compensation, was like working for a fraternity because most of the employees/leader would pick favorites. You're always seen as a disposable number.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Halliburton. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.1K
2.2K
1.3K

• Halliburton
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?