Hilton Garden Inn Hotel
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

Hilton Garden Inn Hotel Employee Reviews

Showing all 2,652 reviews
Productive and fun work place. Alot of growth opportunities.Management listens and make adjustment to suit employees needs when necessary only cons is no good benefits
Pros
Free lunches
Benefits
Housekeeping manager acted like she didn’t know what she was doing so she wouldn’t get in trouble. Employees were rude. Maintenance manager was a creeper. The GM was very stingy with pay. Picks and chooses who gets paid more
Pros
Long lunch
Unorganized management
Beds have bed bugs

Everyone just quit so everything was a disaster

Front desk takes blame for nearly everything, has to do housekeeping job as well because housekeeping never did what they were supposed to

I was harassed here by coworkers.. management did nothing

harassment continued I told them I was quitting and left but they said they “fired me”

Cons
Although sadly I only worked for this company for 5 months, due to all of the kitchen staff being laid off over CV-19. This company was a work place I really looked forward to go to on a daily basis. I really love cooking for a living and they understand this passion and help you grow it.
Pros
Free lunches, health care, other benefits
I loved working here! There is a lot of opportunity to advance into other positions. Team members will become some of your closest friends and management is really caring and addresses concerns fast. Pay is great compared to other hotels. Overall positive environment with a great culture!
Do not work here, extremely racists. Management are very racists and looks out for their own "kind" A lot of favoritism and expect to work nothing but 3pm-11pm if your at the front desk. They will leave you by yourself to deal with the B.S. and they have no type of security at all. Plenty of car breaks in daily.
Great working here. The pay rate or scale for experienced/seasoned Engineers should be revised! They should pay their engineers more. Basically, I was the only engineer doing the work. I handled the pool, alll the preventative maintenance on the rooms and the
Property in its entirety. The we’re supposed to increase my pay and position. When it came time to talk and give me an increase. They attempted to give me something very small. It was not equal to all hard work

And sacrifice I had made. So, I exited the company.
Pros
Monthly Employee appreciation luncheon/awards
Cons
They do not pay enough
I had been working there a year when the pandemic started, I expected to be laid off, but instead they laid off all the other departments and made front desk work all the extra work. Management changes constantly, there are no benefits, even the ones that get promised by management (I was told I had earned 5 vacation days which turned out to be a lie). There are no raises, despite Hilton's policy for reviews every six months, there is no insurance of any kind, and the owners do everything they can to break labor laws. Don't work here. It's not worth it.
Cons
Underpaid, Overworked, Bad Management, No Benefits
Work-life balance
Work-life balance at Hilton Garden Inn Hotel is good. Easy to get days off for vacation.

Pay & benefits

My pay and benefits at Hilton Garden Inn Hotel are good hourly and tips.

Overall

My experience working at Hilton Garden Inn Hotel average. The money is great management is pretty relaxed.
If your not familiar with the hotel serving and banquet serving industry this is a great place to learn . I was only part time server and hostess. Hilton fellow coworkers taught me so much. Before Covid hit it wasnt too busy and it wasn’t too slow, so it was a great time to learn how to waitress properly. The pay wasn’t so good- but you do get tips (most are mainly on credit cards so you have to wait till payday). I enjoyed my time working there- loved my coworkers and once I got comfortable serving I really enjoyed coming to work even if it meant waking up at 5:30am.
Pros
Free good food at any given time, most of my coworkers were super friendly and nice
Cons
Cattiness, pay isn’t very much, early hours, place is a bit disorganized
Working at the Hilton can be a fun and positive experience. It's a fast moving work environment in the early morning and also at night. The pay for servers is very nice at 8/hr + tips
Pros
Hourly pay for waitresses
Cons
Management can be onesided
Working at the Hilton Garden has allowed me to meet new people and know the true meaning of hospitality. Management is hands on and show true appreciation towards all staff from servers to room attendant.
The job requires good speed and attention to detail.
Long hiring process, short staffed. Feel employees should have more compensation and bonus for overtime. Inconsistent hours, linen was always behind.
Pros
On your own
Cons
Short staffed
Loved working here but there was very little room to move up. Also the pay was more so for someone who didn’t need to support anyone other than themselves.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Healthcare expensive.
Overall
My experience working at Hilton Garden Inn Hotel was wonderful! I really loved the job. I would love to get back into hospitality/guest services. It could be challenging at times but overall it was a really good experience working there.
I enjoyed my job here and worked my way up from housekeeper to Inspector to Night Auditor in 7 months. The actual work itself I loved, but there are a lot of bad managers. And due to coronavirus, everyone is laid off except the bare minimum. The managers are over stressed and respond horribly when you have to reach out with questions. Lots of things falling through the cracks.
Pros
Easy to work your way up
Cons
Low pay
The work environment was fun and great, colleagues were great working with as well as my managers. Assisting customer all over the world is alway a great experience cause different people from different walks of life.
Pros
We can leave property for lunch
Cons
Lunch by company wasn’t provides
Really good employees and management. Really attentive to doing things the right way to make customers and the people who work there happy. Management was amazing. My bosses were always so helpful whenever I needed it. Overall a great work experience.
Pros
Discounts on stays at the hotel. Good hours. Flexible schedule and advancement for working hard.
This is a great branch of the Hilton company. It’s one of the top properties in North America. I learned so much from all of the people who were more seasoned.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Slow movement
I loved working there the employees become your family and you look forward to going to work at times you get bonus but the General Manager wasnt fair.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Pay
Se me hacía fácil el trabajo y trabajar en equipos
Pros
Rapidez
Cons
Días de trabajo