Hilton Garden Inn Hotel Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,816 reviews
It’s not the best place to work at, nor the worst.
Breakfast Cook (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTAugust 21, 2019
The management is very sloppy. They tend to push people to work harder but they won’t hire new people, so you can advance but you end up working more.
we're a family
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 21, 2019
The staff and managers are very friendly. We're a family, we a team player, and we all have the same goals. Which is to make sure every guest enjoy their staying and leave satisfied.
Overall
Executive Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCAugust 21, 2019
Overall it was a great place to work. The GM and the Owners are the best. I quit due to new management she was terrible and a drama queen I couldn’t work for her.
Fantastic
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Gatlinburg, TNAugust 20, 2019
Keep it clean. May be slow or slammed. But not complicated. Easy going. Relaxed fun food. Not much else great place to work. Room discounts when u travel
Good
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Shoreview, MNAugust 20, 2019
It was okay it could have been better, but I am a room attendant.. I enjoy that line of work, I work well under pressure so I can make the best of the worse situations...I relocated to another state unfortunately I had to resign.
Not a first choice
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAAugust 20, 2019
Management is terrible and take no accountability don't work. Work/ life balance off. If you are a good employee they will take advantage of your work ethic. Good benefits good discounts overall job was easy people make it hard.
Best company ever
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Spring, TXAugust 20, 2019
Amazing company to work for, they are like one big happy family! They are understanding to all needs, and are always trying to push you to become better in what you do!
GM was the worst
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 18, 2019
Stay away! This hotel is a nightmare! The female employees want the male employees to fail, and the girls are all buddy buddy with the GM, who is a sexist! The females tattle on you like they are a bunch of 5 year olds. If you are not a young female, you wont last 2 months here.
A family in the workplace
Chef assistant (Former Employee) –  Iquique, ChileAugust 18, 2019
It was an amazing experience to work at the Hilton Garden Inn, the staff works together as one big family and teach you new skills as you work. It was a very safe and comfortable place to work in. Excellent experience.
Troubled Work Place
Server/Head Server/Banquet Server/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PAAugust 17, 2019
Previous GM was a micromanager which stopped growth of the business at a vital time, the initial opening. The first food and beverage director, however, was the best manager that I ever had the experience to work with.
Bad
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAAugust 17, 2019
Bad business lazy nasty dirty broke me out really bad beds were not made properly hair all over sink and floors and rude employees when you ask for extra towels or wash clothes they catch attitudes
very poor management its do as they say not as they do and very prejudist against women
Breakfast server (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 16, 2019
Wish i would have not waisted my time not clean saves food when suppose to throw away work by self on busy days work with some on slow days no managment around on busy holidays
It was alright at first it was a big hotel
House keeper (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 16, 2019
I liked the job at first gotten good tips but the workers where racist & thought they was better than everybody I don’t like that type of stuff I want to be able to work with friendly people
N/a
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIAugust 16, 2019
It’s a okay job for someone that’s trying too make extra cash it’s a pretty okay job! I really didn’t have trouble there in they tip you well! Also breakfast in great!
Excellent place to work!
FRONT DESK AGENT (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJAugust 16, 2019
Got new management, and immediately after, everything got better! Bills were paid, employees seemed much happier, and any issues were addressed immediately.
Not a fun work place
Housekeeping Aide (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXAugust 15, 2019
The worse place ever and in interview they need to take that Spanish ladies and her sister out of their they think they run the show and the are not the boss.
Pros
Cons
Great Place To Work!!
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 13, 2019
I highly recommend working here , nice , comfortable and relaxed placed to work. All Employees are like family and the Management Team is Awesome. I just loved working here... great pay... nice place to be!!
Decent tips, good conversations
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAAugust 13, 2019
As Bartender you receive decent tips, the hotel does give FREE drink cards to Diamond members so these customers tip only about $1 or $2 if any tip at all since their drink is free. The regular customers that stay in the hotel weekly tip very well. The best nights to work are event nights, because once the event ends everyone flocks to the bar for late night drinks. The bar closes early at 10pm which many guests complain about since they're room is right upstairs. One thing that I did not like about the position, is your credit card tips/room charges are added to your bi-weekly check. So you only walk out with what you made in case, which isn't that much, so you basically have to wait for your check every week to get your money. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people passing through town on their way to next destination so there are a lot of interesting people to talk to and there are a lot of sales people that travel and have great knowledge in selling.
Would not recommend to my worst enemy
Guest Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMAugust 13, 2019
Very poor management and nothing was ever available for the housekeepers to make their job easier. We had to scramble around looking for stuff to finish cleaning guest rooms. And we were obligated to still knock at guests rooms even if they had their DND signs hanging on the doorknob. Upset customers everytime!!! 😡
N/a
Executive Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 12, 2019
Very bad experience not set up for success needs a lot of help better pay & much better management just for starters and never enough supplies for cleaning

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hilton Garden Inn Hotel. Our community is ready to answer.