Honeywell
Information from Honeywell:

Honeywell Employee Reviews

Kuwait41 reviews
Small company with 5 staff
Based on the enquiry providing the invoices and delivering the products to customer and followup for the payment and record the same in the system as well.
Reputed company
A very well established multinational company. Working in this company for last 15 years where i gain all the experience.
Executive Assistant
My day starts off at 6 am. Set up conference room for meetings. Verify the calendar for the day. Coordinate with management on any changes and updates. Verify and proofread documents for signature. Most challenging part of my job is working 12 plus hours. The most enjoyable is completing all tasks at the end of each day.
Pros
Salary is good
Cons
short breaks and lunch
Fast paced and very productive
A typical day at work involves reviewing supply and maintenance reports, reviewing employee time sheet submissions, ensuring all employees have their Kuwaiti working VISAs established, leading team/staff meetings to outline action plans for achieving our customer's immediate task requirements and goals, ensuring safety equipment is used and worn by all employees performing their daily requirements, working with individual section managers to resolve and prevent issues.

I have learned alot about people and how to bring people together to produce constructive/productive action plans.

The hardest part about my job is dealing with the Kuwaiti ministry on obtaining work VISAs for our employees.

The most enjoyable part about my job is completing challenging tasks before they are due and bringing the team together to make it happen.
Pros
Great team, company, and pay
Cons
My job is a overseas job and after spending 28 years in the USMC
Contributions in aiding the military needs
Working for this company has fed my need to learn and apply what I learned in many various duties which gave positive results in the military accomplishing it's mission.
Pros
To contribute to the military personnel
Cons
Away from family and no retirement
Job Description
Our daily workload could get quite heavy as I work with a small team with a large customer base. More often than not, the issues must be escalated to a higher department in which requires efficient follow-up on our part. I thoroughly enjoyed working for Honeywell on a military contract.
Long days yet Pleasant Working Environment
Work hours are 12.5 hours day 5 days a week and 8 hours a day, one day a week. The work and people are mostly enjoyable and easy to handle, with exceptions for all things, situations, and people. The days are long and can be quite difficult, depending upon what the local signal unit has decided to implement or change that day. The company itself, is not completely concerned about the best interest or benefit, of the employees, only the look and ideal presented to customer.
Pros
Great salary
Cons
Hours and Company to Employee Concern
EEnjoyed working in the Middle East and being on the flyaway mission team in Iraq closing down FOB's at the end of the war.
Honeywell is a good Company with excellent benefits. They would have many classes to keeps you up to date on new technology. Upper Management was encouraging and willing to listen to positive feedback.
Pros
Traveling all around the Middle East and supporting the Soliders
Cons
Was only able to go on vacation twice a year.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Honeywell?
I am an Task Organizational Manager and Military Veteran with a Secret Security Clearance. I have over 20 years of proven experience in accoutibility
• Work on the staff of a US Army General Officer and assist the Theater Asset Visibility Chief Warrant Officer.
• Maintain a database of US military property in the region

• Prepare Property Reports for Senior Staff

• World-wide visibility of property

• Coach staff on military property accountability transactions

• Leads and trains staff

• Prepare performance evaluations

• Maintain strong military accountability standards in accordance with regulations guidelines

• Segregate and secure files in accordance with military regulations guidelines

• Distinguish transaction between expendable and non expendable.

• Supervised Foreign Nationals personnel

• US military representative to an Foreign Nation

• Supervised Fort Richardson Prison Work Program
72-80 hour workweek, Multi-task oriented
7AM-7PM, learned a lot about excel spreadsheets, doing 10% and 100% invenrories, many turnover inventories with other companies, worked in a multi-cultural environment in the Middle-East, Kuwait. Stressful reporting deadlines, end-of-month due ins and outs. The People always... well paid, and able to enjoy the time off with family.
Pros
Pay, job satisfaction.
Cons
My personal situation having my family (wife and child) with me in Kuwait.
How to Deal With Customer
I Learned :
how to manage a project ,deal with customers.

How to manage your Time to save it.

How to Remove waste from your process.
Great Company to work with
. I enjoyed working with the soliders and supporting the war fighter. Got a chance to do some traveling while working and making money. a complete day consist of getting up at 5:00 working 12 hours days 7 days a week. the hardest part of the joy would be if you had outside duty because of the heat and sometimes the sandstorms. It can be as hot as 120 degrees and mix it with some sand and you'll got a day at the job.
Pros
Great Workers
Cons
This is a very rewarding job with a great team both on managment and hourly employees
- A typical work day is nonstop on the go. The day begins at 6:00am and ends at 7:00pm six days a week. I manage 6 personnel in the installation and maintenance of more than 1500 tactical communications systems and Controlled Cryptographic Items.
- As a former Marine I have an extensive background leading military personnel. As a member of the management team with Honeywell I have learned how to lead and manage civilian personnel to produce excellent results and high moral.

- Honeywell has a great management team with a very diverse background. The management team frequently interacts with all levels of employees and treats their employees like a family.

- My co-workers are dedicated to mission accomplishment and taking care of employees.

- The hardest part of my job is the extended work hours and harsh work environment.

- The most enjoyable part of my job is providing reliable communications assets to the Marine Corps and supporting the United States Military in the protection of our country.

Pros
great managment team, hard working employees, provide a service to the United States Marine Corps
Cons
stressful work environment, Long work days with commute, old facilities
No tolerance for any mistakes
Payroll is constantly late. Could be months before you are compensated for travel expenses. Bonuses promised are negleted.
Pros
good pay
Cons
zero tolerance for any infraction
Fast pace and Rewarding
Working for Honeywell in Kuwait has been rewarding and one of the best professional decisions I've made. Facilitating the equipment draw-down in various theaters of operation has been a learning experience. The hardest part of the job is being away from family. The co-workers are great to be around and dependable.
Pros
semi-annual bonuses and generous vacation policy
Cons
hr's slow reimbursement process
Hard worker and fun to play Badminton.
I enjoy my everyday work and continuously learning especially in the technical job. I learned a lot especially on Engineering job. In our management is a quite good and about my co-workers they are friendly. The hardest part of the job is when we are working continuously without a day off and more than 12 hours a day. The most enjoyable part of the job is when we are in loop checking and commissioning and we will see the plant is running smoothly.
Pros
free lunch when at site.
Cons
more than 12 hours a day when on site.
Have a great staff working with me
The most enjoyable part of my job is receiving Adequate rating on all PMSA since the initial start of the LOGCAP IV Project since 2009.
Pros
continue to network with great employees
Cons
following the kuwait labor law
Professional and productive work environment
Learned about professionalism, hands on experience as procurement engineer, Work ethich, strong organizational skills, leadership skills
A typical work day
Prepare various Access Databases, Excel Pivot Tables and PowerPoint Presentations based off of Lin Pulls and Logistical Information into easy to understand reports
Utilizes Property Book Unit Supply-Enhanced (PBUSE) to perform various functions to include serial number searches, posting of items to property book and various reports

Manages and reports property record discrepancies in accordance with Army/DOD Regulations and SOP. Responsible for various functions related to property accountability, catalog equipment through SLAMIS, and responsible for approving all SLAMIS request in Theater

Utilizes Logistics Information Warehouse (LIW) to research various parts and serial numbers throughout military inventory
The location is nice and the work place is a very friendly enviroment
the company is a great company to work for but they will be downsizing. Other than that I enjoy working here. The benefits are good for me and my family.
Maintenance Trade helper/Convoy Commander
Went to be a mechanics assistant and ended up running convoy with military equipment to other bases or ports to be processed to or from Iraq, Afghanistan or US. In support of Operations Iraqi Freedom & Enduring Freedom
Pros
learned and worked with other cultures
Cons
being away from family, being in a foreign country