IKEA
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

IKEA Employee Reviews

Kuwait22 reviews
No Stable Management, keeps changing proves harrowing experience for employees. At some stage the employees feel more experienced than the managers employed.
Stagnation in jobs. 95% people will remain in the same position and even get a salary reduction with the bright ideas of new managers on cost cutting etc
healthy coworker's interaction, trainings and learning about a gigantic organization is amazing. Each day we learn new things, overall experience is very good.
Amazing people to work with, very friendly and always ready to support.
I had a good short time working experience here with an amazing management teams.
1. To assist the Showroom Group Leaders & Sales Manager to operate the Showroom in accordance with the IKEA Retail Concept
2. To be polite and courteous to customers at all times and to provide information on products, prices, measurements

3. To help maximize sales & achieve sales targets set for Showroom

4. To have full knowledge of the IKEA furniture range

5. Doing regular spot checks on pricing and other communications

6. To fulfill the department KPI’s such as sales steering towards out of stock, concrete stock, overstock, outgoing & discontinued articles

7. Maintain an awareness of all promotions and advertisements

8. Ensure merchandizing display as per the IKEA concept.

9. To attend all department meetings and trainings whenever scheduled

10. Adhere to all Safety procedures as per company policy

11. To carry out any work entrusted by the Group Leader/ Showroom Sales Manager from time to time
Typical Day work is all about customers, learnt about Supply chain ,logistics and shipping line Understanding KPI's working with the organization which has it own culture and Values and with the help of management to implement those culture and values is really great,
hardest Part was to keep my staff Happy at all the same time within the company policies ,

the most enjoyable part is achieving target as a team and getting rewarded for it.
At IKEA our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. Our business idea supports this vision by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible will be able to afford them
1. insufficient staff
2. not organise the staff

3. lack of oriented staff

4 they dont give training to new staff or teaching

5. sytem are not updated thru
A typical day was my last day. as I don't want to leave the co workers. they are all like family and understand the situation of each others and respect a lot.
IKEA Kuwait is one of the best company I have worked till now, professional and Friendly work place. Good colleagues, lots of learning opportunities with trainings and the managers with high leadership qualities. Very supportive Human Resource Department.
Pros
Lunch with very less price for the employees, free tea and coffe.
Cons
i worked in ikea merchandising team for 2 months. i learnt many skills such as becoming team player, responsibile and improved my management as well as communication skills.
IKEA is a Swedish company.it is a very well known organisation all over the world.it is a home furnishing company.where you can find a to z all products you need to ready your dream home...
Pros
free lunch
Cons
broken shifts
Fun with a lot to learn, so unique working methods which are brilliant Ideas by IKEA. Best in class operation for logistics network and product distribution. Once of the best supply chain networks in the world after companies like Amazon.
its a very good company, updated tools, family culture, secured job, good management, always full with work load, supportive team work, working with target achieving goals.
My typical day at work begins at 0800 hrs and at times i could be asked to come in earlier. The day ends by 1700 hrs but due to to work overload i never could leave work at that time.

Work is very fun and enjoyable and at the same time extremely demanding and my CEO has very high expectations from his Directors. The management is very nice and friendly and at times i can clearly see the work pressure everyone has to go through.

I have learned alot from IKEA. They are very professional in what they do and all the tools are readily available if any assistance is required. So pretty much a self learning place to be with very minimal supervision which at times can be very tricky. I do not get much of right direction to where i should be heading and this can be scary at times
Pros
fun people and fun times
Cons
no direction
I am working IKEA home delivery 5 yours team leader and assembler I am working office staff 2 yours I have experienced office work also Where is my position discuss the team I am dispatch everyday 35 truck and 78 staff I am working Saudi Arabia also 5 yours there is my position staring carpenter Group lieder
Pros
team leader
Hard and challing work new products and menu frequently changing so hard to change and keep in mind but people always back me up and got through the busy time.
Pros
Free lunch and transport
Cons
It ok
The Management team did not know how to balance employee morale. The job was a great entry level job, its a great place to get started, see what working in retail is going to be like, but it is not a good company to grow in, they limit you to what you entered as, and there is no way they let you do/suggest/try/start anything that may benefit the company if you are not in the position to do so ( if there is such a position). The Managers where too busy thinking about uniforms and deadlines instead of listening to the employees to understand why deadlines may not be met or if there is something missing therefore we cannot complete a task or responsibility.
got to learn a lot from the company having good experience

met wonderful people from different department .have different idea how to improve as an individual to grow .
Pros
one time lunch
Cons
30minute brake
Working with IKEA ia=s a great experience. Great focus on investing into their employees.
i made a lot of friends here , everyone was friendly . Nothing was difficult to do here
Pros
everything was great
A: range presentation racking plan lay out standars and commerciality of the store. changing each and every business area depending on availability od stocks
A: to be organise planning fundamental structure of business long term planning of the store.proper communication chanel by chanel to achive the long term business goal

A: excellent co worker

A: build up of 23,000m2 of store night and day

A: when the store opened
Pros
free food free car free mobile
Cons
fast facing changes of range and rackings
Ask a question about working or interviewing at IKEA. Our community is ready to answer.
3.1K