IKEA

IKEA Employee Reviews

Kuwait25 reviews

Found 25 reviews matching the searchSee all 9,558 reviews

Productive and fun place to work with

Always have patience and knowledgeable enough of the product your selling to public. Always have the energy to entertain customers during weekends and holidays. Always fit as you will entertain large volume of customers.

Poor management, no system

Poor management and no system the management team need to be train first before to become a leader,most of the incharge are not down to earth they putting they title in their head. Worst company i ever experience, salary very low and the management like TL/ SK are disrespectful.no growth only if you have wasta.

Politics and miss leading

Worste management ever seen in my whole career.It's all about politics and they never follow their rules et vision.That's the worst career experience that I regret I join to it

good atmosphere

healthy coworker's interaction, trainings and learning about a gigantic organization is amazing. Each day we learn new things, overall experience is very good.

Except for reputation that its an IKEA job, there is nothing in it for employees below the management level

No Stable Management, keeps changing proves harrowing experience for employees. At some stage the employees feel more experienced than the managers employed. Stagnation in jobs. 95% people will remain in the same position and even get a salary reduction with the bright ideas of new managers on cost cutting etc

Good working atmosphere

Amazing people to work with, very friendly and always ready to support. I had a good short time working experience here with an amazing management teams.

excellent work place

1. To assist the Showroom Group Leaders & Sales Manager to operate the Showroom in accordance with the IKEA Retail Concept 2. To be polite and courteous to customers at all times and to provide information on products, prices, measurements 3. To help maximize sales & achieve sales targets set for Showroom 4. To have full knowledge of the IKEA furniture range 5. Doing regular spot checks on pricing and other communications 6. To fulfill the department KPI’s such as sales steering towards out of stock, concrete stock, overstock, outgoing & discontinued articles 7. Maintain an awareness of all promotions and advertisements 8. Ensure merchandizing display as per the IKEA concept. 9. To attend all department meetings and trainings whenever scheduled 10. Adhere to all Safety procedures as per company policy 11. To carry out any work entrusted by the Group Leader/ Showroom Sales Manager from time to time

Work place

Typical Day work is all about customers, learnt about Supply chain ,logistics and shipping line Understanding KPI's working with the organization which has it own culture and Values and with the help of management to implement those culture and values is really great, hardest Part was to keep my staff Happy at all the same time within the company policies , the most enjoyable part is achieving target as a team and getting rewarded for it.

Vision and Business idea

At IKEA our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. Our business idea supports this vision by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible will be able to afford them

logistics department was not properly organize with the personel

1. insufficient staff 2. not organise the staff 3. lack of oriented staff 4 they dont give training to new staff or teaching 5. sytem are not updated thru

Amazing Company

A typical day was my last day. as I don't want to leave the co workers. they are all like family and understand the situation of each others and respect a lot.

Productive, Learning Opportunities, Career Growth

IKEA Kuwait is one of the best company I have worked till now, professional and Friendly work place. Good colleagues, lots of learning opportunities with trainings and the managers with high leadership qualities. Very supportive Human Resource Department.

Pros

Lunch with very less price for the employees, free tea and coffe.

worked as a trainee for 2 months

i worked in ikea merchandising team for 2 months. i learnt many skills such as becoming team player, responsibile and improved my management as well as communication skills.

everyday to learn something new

IKEA is a Swedish company.it is a very well known organisation all over the world.it is a home furnishing company.where you can find a to z all products you need to ready your dream home...

Pros

free lunch

Cons

broken shifts

IKEA is great

Fun with a lot to learn, so unique working methods which are brilliant Ideas by IKEA. Best in class operation for logistics network and product distribution. Once of the best supply chain networks in the world after companies like Amazon.

it is like family

its a very good company, updated tools, family culture, secured job, good management, always full with work load, supportive team work, working with target achieving goals.

Nice & Cosy Environment

My typical day at work begins at 0800 hrs and at times i could be asked to come in earlier. The day ends by 1700 hrs but due to to work overload i never could leave work at that time. Work is very fun and enjoyable and at the same time extremely demanding and my CEO has very high expectations from his Directors. The management is very nice and friendly and at times i can clearly see the work pressure everyone has to go through. I have learned alot from IKEA. They are very professional in what they do and all the tools are readily available if any assistance is required. So pretty much a self learning place to be with very minimal supervision which at times can be very tricky. I do not get much of right direction to where i should be heading and this can be scary at times

Pros

fun people and fun times

Cons

no direction

I am working IKEA home delivery 5 yours team leader and assembler

I am working IKEA home delivery 5 yours team leader and assembler I am working office staff 2 yours I have experienced office work also Where is my position discuss the team I am dispatch everyday 35 truck and 78 staff I am working Saudi Arabia also 5 yours there is my position staring carpenter Group lieder

Pros

team leader

Stress and hard work but worth working

Hard and challing work new products and menu frequently changing so hard to change and keep in mind but people always back me up and got through the busy time.

Pros

Free lunch and transport

Cons

It ok

Below average management team

The Management team did not know how to balance employee morale. The job was a great entry level job, its a great place to get started, see what working in retail is going to be like, but it is not a good company to grow in, they limit you to what you entered as, and there is no way they let you do/suggest/try/start anything that may benefit the company if you are not in the position to do so ( if there is such a position). The Managers where too busy thinking about uniforms and deadlines instead of listening to the employees to understand why deadlines may not be met or if there is something missing therefore we cannot complete a task or responsibility.

proudctive and fun working place

got to learn a lot from the company having good experience met wonderful people from different department .have different idea how to improve as an individual to grow .

Pros

one time lunch

Cons

30minute brake

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IKEA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits