InterContinental Hotels Group

InterContinental Hotels Group Employee Reviews

Kuwait5 reviews
I easily adapt with the environment and the people around me even though we are in different diversity. My Manager gave me enough time to learn and be familiarised with the new task and new job.
I had a very memorable experience with IHG and I would continue with them should the correct opportunity arise. I went into a deep dive into their service culture as i arrived in my position just prior to a Brand uplifting for the Crowne Plaza Brand. I enjoyed building teams and coaches throughout the organization to change our way of doing things to become the #1 choice for hotel in Kuwait and become the number # employer and brand-choice for investors.

The most difficult aspect of my position was balancing the strategic requirements with the operational support required. We have 41 different nationalities and over 1200 colleagues and due to the organizational cultural changes required I handled much of the disciplinary actions myself as well as championing consistent performance management.

The most enjoyable aspect was investing in colleagues and management and seeing them become leaders and move up in the organization. A close second was participation in the operational council meetings with the GM, Director of Finance and Business Support, Director of Sales, and the EAM of Food and Beverage to plan strategy and have strategic discussions.
Pros
colleague engagement; learning and development opportunities; teamwork enviornment
Cons
location and owning company interference as an inhibitor to the hotel reaching it's full potential
Reviewing the results of my Marketing campaigns, I have learned how to link every dollar spent to the result in revenue.

I had a professional team of university graduates, the hardest part was always how to approach the market with the right marketing campaign, the most enjoyable part was the success of the campaign we used to celebrate it by a party lunch.
Pros
free lunches, many other hospitality priviledges
Cons
I was still young and not mature enough to understand the blessing i was in
the good thing of the company is that they provides career opportunities in other locations and trainings
every day is busy with arab people that's always have to be attended promptly

being snappy in work with efficient results.

management is always a pressure at work, but you have to be used to it.

excellent and professional co workers.

busy days like weekends and frequent changes in company policies.

you deal with all walks of life and colleagues with different nationalities.
Pros
free accomodation with a 3x a day open cafeteria
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at InterContinental Hotels Group?