InterContinental Hotels Group

InterContinental Hotels Group Employee Reviews for Director of Human Resources

Director of Human Resources1 review
Kuwait1 review
Found 1 review matching the search
I had a very memorable experience with IHG and I would continue with them should the correct opportunity arise. I went into a deep dive into their service culture as i arrived in my position just prior to a Brand uplifting for the Crowne Plaza Brand. I enjoyed building teams and coaches throughout the organization to change our way of doing things to become the #1 choice for hotel in Kuwait and become the number # employer and brand-choice for investors.

The most difficult aspect of my position was balancing the strategic requirements with the operational support required. We have 41 different nationalities and over 1200 colleagues and due to the organizational cultural changes required I handled much of the disciplinary actions myself as well as championing consistent performance management.

The most enjoyable aspect was investing in colleagues and management and seeing them become leaders and move up in the organization. A close second was participation in the operational council meetings with the GM, Director of Finance and Business Support, Director of Sales, and the EAM of Food and Beverage to plan strategy and have strategic discussions.
Pros
colleague engagement; learning and development opportunities; teamwork enviornment
Cons
location and owning company interference as an inhibitor to the hotel reaching it's full potential
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at InterContinental Hotels Group?