InterContinental Hotels Group Employee Review

View all InterContinental Hotels Group reviews

good company to work with
Sales Department - Acting Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  KuwaitJuly 7, 2013
the good thing of the company is that they provides career opportunities in other locations and trainings

Other InterContinental Hotels Group Employee Reviews

Fun and environment friendly workplace
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Al-FarwānīyahAugust 26, 2019
I easily adapt with the environment and the people around me even though we are in different diversity. My Manager gave me enough time to learn and be familiarised with the new task and new job.
IHG Crowne Plaza provides a great enviornment for learning hospitality and how to encourage a guest's success while supporting colleague development.
Director of Human Resources (Current Employee) –  KuwaitJune 18, 2014
I had a very memorable experience with IHG and I would continue with them should the correct opportunity arise. I went into a deep dive into their service culture as i arrived in my position just prior to a Brand uplifting for the Crowne Plaza Brand. I enjoyed building teams and coaches throughout the organization to change our way of doing things to become the #1 choice for hotel in Kuwait and become the number # employer and brand-choice for investors.

The most difficult aspect of my position was balancing the strategic requirements with the operational support required. We have 41 different nationalities and over 1200 colleagues and due to the organizational cultural changes required I handled much of the disciplinary actions myself as well as championing consistent performance management.

The most enjoyable aspect was investing in colleagues and management and seeing them become leaders and move up in the organization. A close second was participation in the operational council meetings with the GM, Director of Finance and Business Support, Director of Sales, and the EAM of Food and Beverage to plan strategy and have strategic discussions.
Pros
colleague engagement; learning and development opportunities; teamwork enviornment
Cons
location and owning company interference as an inhibitor to the hotel reaching it's full potential

Ask a question about working or interviewing at InterContinental Hotels Group. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2