JV Driver

JV Driver Employee Reviews

Loved it!

One of the best compagny i have worked for. I dont lnow how they fare now , but at the time it was a strong compagny with the means to help where you needed.

Professional team , good work environment

Good salary, healthy environment to work in , good safety practises and potential of growth within the company. Recommend working with JV.Positive attitudes and helpful, just ask and they will help.

Pros

Claen camps

Work

Okay workplace, decent work environment, friendly co workers, but other than that its not worth it due to upper management and certain people get favoritism but that in every job

Family-oriented environment

This was the best job I ever had. I wish I hadn’t been caught up in the downsizing when the economy turned once the NDP came into power around 2014. The owner is one of the best people I have ever met. He placed an excellent management team around him. My experience there was more than pleasant, it was exceptional. If I could, I would go back there in a second.

Pros

Flexible, if having to work through lunch or dinner it is provided for you.

Cons

Can be long office hours

Kept me employed through the tough times

Loved working for JV Driver they treated my wife and I well but now I work for Fluor Driver a few of Drivers core values remain but not all the family feeling is gone

Pros

Kept me employed

Cons

No flight allowence

Well structured

Good bunch of people, well organized.Good accommodations at Fort Hills, good food and easy to do extra activities to avoid fatigue and get in shape to be fit for duty.

Great while It lasted

My only major complaint with this company is the office side. All the on-site personnel, foreman’s and crews were great to work with. Any communication with the office side specifically HR, was non-existent. Emails ignored, voicemails ignored, even before the covid outbreak. You would have to go to the foreman’s trailer and basically get one of the foreman to advocate for you to HR. Getting the hours filled out in an apprentice record book takes months, if they don’t lose it all together. But my major complaint is, in the year since I have left JV Driver, I have received two notifications from them about security breaches to their system. Personal information compromised, full name, full address, phone number, SIN, banking information, email address they probably know my blood type to now. Who do they have working in that office?Even before the cyber attacks I had little to no confidence in the office side of JV driver. But now this just reinforces my opinion that the upper management/HR side of the company is at best careless or at the worst completely disorganized and incompetent.

Pros

Great people on site

Cons

Everyone on the office side

Feels like family

One of the best places I have ever worked. My manager was amazing, she was helpful and taught me so much but also gave me room to spread my wings and had confidence in me. The entire staff was supportive and helped you feel welcome right of the bat.

Pros

Management and staff are amazing

Cons

Stability

Amazing company great people.

A all around great company .......................................................... I would love to get rehired. Unfortunately covid 19 caused a bunch of laid offs.

It was an ok place to work.

The company has changed in the last 7 years. From Family orientated, to a cold feeling type of company. Many staff laid off, new managers, which was fine, however if felt like a cold feel.

Pros

location was close to home for me.

Cons

work became slower.

GOOD workplace

Productive Gain of experience Excelente Management Good Benefit A place where you can work and learn Good safety procedures in Place Very friendly Team

good

this is a really good place to work because they pay you money for your work, and that's exactly what i was looking for in a job. it's like a dream come true

Good

A good company It’s important to feel in touch and this company makes you feel good Management knows what’s going on The great crew I was working in make me feel I home

Past paced, critical work

Industry is based on temporary contracts so unemployment is inevitable. Consistent , full time work is only temporary as most sites. Overall I would say that the average day is typical for this site and most.

Good place to work and friendly coworkers

Jv is a good place to work,good management and amazing coworkers ..The people a very knowledgeable and get back to you in a timely manner if there is questions or info that is needed.

Cons

Promote strong family environment.

Good company,Safety oriented,Good pay and benefits-they provide a mentor to work side by side until the job can be done safely and efficiently. Supervisors are friendly and supportive.

Good benefits, family support, great team.

I greatly appreciate my time with JV Driver. Unfortunately, the company is closing. All employees worked here, for the most part because we enjoyed working together and the company is a huge supporter of it's employees and their families.

productive place and fun working with everyone

JV Driver gives you all the training you need and are well looked after ther is nothing hard about the job work smarter not harder ,management is awesome,work place culture is awesome no matter what race your treated like family.sometimes the hardest part of the job s people don,t pay attention but we work on them to be better team players.most enjoyable part of any project is having fun building great things and coming home safe everyday

Great facility, clueless management.

First off, the facility is awesome. Good equipment and the environment is easy going. Health benefits are pretty good too. However, it quickly goes downhill from there. The upper management at JV drivers really struggles when it comes to getting work done on time. Constantly missing beams, and missing parts, the upper management are clueless on how to run a shop efficiently. Poor decision making and they keep the wages way to low for the work expected.

Pros

Awesome facility, great benefits.

Cons

Pay, clueless management, and everything else.

Focus on people and work execelance

Great company, focused on people and work life balance, excellent safety culture, no micro managing freedom to do your work within company expectations

Pros

people focus

Toxic Culture

Place was a joke. No tools, everything is broken, especially the management. If you go out and party with the bosses you become one of the bosses. People promoted far beyond their skills. Health and safety rules don't apply if you're part of the clique.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JV Driver. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits