Kay and Associates

Kay and Associates Employee Reviews

fun while it lasted
Quality Assurance Representative (Former Employee) –  KuwaitJanuary 9, 2019
The company took over the contract from DynCorp international after I was there for 5 years, I stayed a year then left the contract, I worked with a lot of good coworkers.
Pros
few
Cons
many
Great people to work with
Ordnanceman (Former Employee) –  KuwaitJune 23, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with good people who had strong work habits. Which made the day go by quick and the mission was accomplished.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
The harsh weather conditions
Boring company to work for
Maintenance Control Supervisor (Former Employee) –  KuwaitJune 16, 2017
I felt this company was not worth working for as they are just pushing people through to get numbers where they need to be. They considered us bodi3es and did not inform us of certain issues involved with living in Kuwait.
Pros
Cons
Poor company to work for
Disaster in Disguise
O Level Ordnance (Former Employee) –  KuwaitJuly 28, 2016
So there I was out of the military going to college full time when I get the job offer. Being the only source of income for my daughters I took it. Should have known better. The process alone just to get to the worksite took forever. You have to pour a ton of money into a job basically that you dont even work at yet. I came from the rag squadron with more I level under my belt but knew the basics. Was told that they had guys from helo squadrons with no experience hired into this field so I took the bait. Signed my contract and when I get there its chaos. Doing stuff that wasnt in my contract. Hostile work enviroment. Like others have said before. You have guys that have been working here for years and are set in their ways. Your life becomes difficult if you step outside their zone of comfort. Constant harassment and alpha male arguing. God forbid if a female works here after hearing the inappropriate remarks that come from here. So after working for less than 90 days I resigned and decided the work enviroment isnt worth it. So they tell you to find your own way home and they yanked money from my accounts without notifying me..all in 1 day of me resigning. Felt like they tossed me to the trash. So all the cheap talk they tell you when your signing your paperwork was all a lie. I wouldnt recommend this job to anyone that has a family. If you like to work with unprofessional children then apply. Veterans your worth more than this place offers. Take your time and research and network. Dont jump into a job like I did because you see dollar signs. I took this as a life lesson. To  more... educate yourself in new fields of work and gain new skills. Always have a backup plan.  less
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Hostile work enviroment, gossip, unorganized
New automated warehouse, job location Kuwait
Logistics Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kuwait City, KuwaitNovember 4, 2014
Worked in a (10) man team environment and I was responsible with the training of Kuwaiti Air Force personnel in all areas of aviation supply related to the Navy F-18 aircraft. Managers were average, but the most important area was the teamwork with my co-workers, which were great to accomplish why we were there, to get the job done. Didn't enjoy being in Kuwait due to their very strict customs, but I did get to travel to locations I didn't think I would have.
Pros
Decent pay, good benefits and got the chance to travel to exotic places.
Cons
Job site Kuwait and vacations too short.
A decent place to work.
F-18 Ordnance Specialist (Current Employee) –  KuwaitFebruary 14, 2014
I've got no complaints about the company. Management in Kuwait is great, given the circumstances. The toughest part of the job is the drive to work.
Pros
Work environment is relaxed, but professional
Cons
The per diem rate doesn't always match the cost of living.
Contract work, flexible
Coordinator/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  KuwaitJanuary 21, 2014
In 1960 Kay and Associates, Inc. (KAI) was founded to provide exceptional quality and cost effective technical services to both Government and Commercial customers worldwide. Today, with nearly 50 years of experience, our world class customers have come to expect the very best from KAI.

KAI's recent challenges include the management of complex depot level aviation maintenance operations, operation of all levels of metrology laboratories, maintenance test flight, flight training, management and operation of customer owned ground support equipment/rolling fleet and direct maintenance support of daily flight operations.

Importantly, KAI's staffing solutions also provide our customers with a flexible, cost effective business approach to address their information technology, engineering, manufacturing and warehousing requirements as well.

KAI's award winning "ISO 9001:2008" certified technical support capability stands ready to address your most challenging strategic, program or project level needs. Our scalable, state of the art financial and project management, recruiting, communications and field support systems make us uniquely qualified to craft and support a solution best suited to your end user requirements.
Pros
Flexible
Good working environment
O-Level Ordnance Technician (Current Employee) –  KuwaitNovember 15, 2013
A typical day at work consists of doing special and scheduled maintenance on the aircraft. We also load/download live and inert munitions. The best part of my job is my co-workers we get along great and have great chemistry. We are like a well oiled machine. Everyone knows what needs to get done and we do it. The hardest part of the job is being in the Middle East.
Pros
Great pay, and health benefits
Cons
Being 7k miles away from family.
OK job.
Electronic Countermeasures Technician (Former Employee) –  KuwaitSeptember 10, 2012
Job was good but the location was terrible. Too hot and dusty. Driving was very hazardous.
Pros
ok pay.
Cons
location.