Kuehne+Nagel

Kuehne+Nagel Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative61 reviews
Once this company switched over to contract logistic with the new manager, I believe he went home everyday to think of ways to make the employees day at work miserable.
Great management and team, I would treated no different by anyone and learned a lot about logistics and key traits in the field. Also if you ever make a mistake they will properly support you to be the best employee you can be.
Pros
Great team
Freight forwarding is a stressful job, however the managers empower their employees. Initiative, and be proactive are keys to success in this industry. Very rewarding see product move across the world in a timely manner and knowing you did your part.
Pros
Great Managers, people
Cons
Stressful work
Management did not ever seem to be working towards the same goal with the same message. Generated a high stress level environment for employees and confusion within the work place.
Kuehne Nagel is a very good company to work for they always focus on their employees doing the best they can and also deal with the needs and wants of the customer always thinking outside the box and improving as a company in the whole.
Pros
Dedicated company
Cons
Hard to get a job
KN is a good place to work. A very dependable and stable company. You never have to worry if your check will be deposited or delivered. Benefit package is good but you have to choose what works best for you. Sometimes getting questions answered through HR can be difficult. Typical day there depends on the customer contract. But mostly its everyday warehousing. Receiving product and shipping with as little delay, cost and stress to the customer as possible. In my opinion KN does under appreciate what the lower level employees mean to the company. They are under valued in pay and annual bonuses.
Pros
good benefit packages
Cons
lower level pay
Working in Logistic was a great experience , this is a great company to work for. The warehouse was cold in winter and hot in summer, but great time at this company.
Pros
the pay
Cons
job closing due to account lost
The company has long working hours. They are very unappreciative and have zero career advancement. Everyone wish to advance their career but here isn't the place.
Started out five years at one facility multiple clients in logistics closed their doors. Relocated to another branch until they closed their doors very fast pace and fast-growing multi cultured and upbeat. The kind of place that you want to go to work everyday.
work in this company is very good experiencie I lear so much about the logistics area an customer service department and special products like dry cargo
While it was a good co worker environment at first . This qyuikly changed to no laughing during work hours.
Management did not care that you had to work later unpaid hours .

Not a positive atmosphere.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
poor management and morale
Kuehne and Nagel are a fantastic company to be with, from the bottom up. They understand the work-life balance and do everything in their power to make an average day go smoothly.
Management need to listen to staff no team work if not a favourite you will be let go...beware no stability.
Three managers in 8 months three people fired in a week
On a typical day oracle is being used and excel formulas. My co-workers and myself intend to help over 400 clients. We make sure that all deadlines are met on time and marketing is on the rise.
Branch manager terminated most of upper management and replaced them with incompetent management who lack management skills or work ethic.New hires are young and inexperienced working for very low pay.Stop running this place into the ground there's still time to make things good again.
Cons
I worked here for s dhort amount of time while I was living back home in southern california. The management staff was very helpful in the training. After training for a month the felt confident with me working alone on the night shift
OLW is a great place to work if you love caring for others. I particularly enjoyed the opportunity to constantly improve the quality of life that the Consumers were living.
Great company as a whole but it's Johannesburg and Cape Town branches are unfortunately renowned for favouritism, unfairness based on many criteria.

Too many management changes in too short a period led to the morale of staff deteriorating and quitting.

I maintained a great relationship with my line manager as well as the MD and my clients but as that changed it became unpleasant under new management. Many managers were operationally minded but lack people skills and talent development.
Used to be a really good company to work for.

In Canada they've had a lot of trouble.

Some areas are very high stress with unreasonable expectations.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
There's much better places to work out there
The Job itself isn't that bad. The management isn't the greatest. The employees are what make it fun. The company doesn't seem to care too much about their employees
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Company doesn't seem to care anymore
A typical day at that job would consist of mostly taking phone calls from customers checking on their orders, doing spread sheets and any other miscellaneous tasks my supervisor gave me. I learned a lot about different aspects of office work and phone etiquette. I also learned a few different computer programs and my typing skills were drastically improved in the time I worked there. The supervisors there were really nice people who gave me a chance when I really needed it. I didn't talk much with my co workers but those I did were really very nice. The hardest part of the job was getting used to the different programs they had me using. The most enjoyable part was I was able to do my job without worrying about being checked up on all the time, it was nice to know they trusted me.
Pros
Healthcare, 401K, set hours
Cons
no real room for advancement
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kuehne+Nagel. Our community is ready to answer.