Kuehne+Nagel

Kuehne+Nagel Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative61 reviews
Once this company switched over to contract logistic with the new manager, I believe he went home everyday to think of ways to make the employees day at work miserable.
It is fun work place, with great colleagues, The most enjoyable part of the job, was to work alone and cope with all challenge
The department I worked in was great. Person now in charge of the facility is great! Seems to really care about his employees.
Fun work place, new and interesting details learned about billing and invoicing. I really enjoyed working with the customer and going into the warehouse to look for customer products. The pace was fast and you had to be on top of your game. I found this job to be very challenging yet with its down falls. The pay was fair to poor. In the end I found that I really liked the warehouse end of shipping and receiving than I did the customer service end.
Pros
Fast paced, variety, and high energy level dealing with the customers
Cons
Low pay wage, some struggles with some of the office employees, and the hours where in the middle of the into the night.
Getting stressed due to no support

Account Management

First point of contact for Derbyshire

Maintaining good Relationships with clients such as, Tesco, B&M, Walmart etc.;

Tight organisational and time management skills

Ensure the timely and successful delivery with key customer needs and objectives

Updating reports for management information and customer KPI's and discussed in conference calls weekly

Customer Service by reporting late arrivals or rebooking deliveries due to shot loads or damaged products

Investigating damages

Working closely along the transport department ensuring they load on time
Pros
Cons
No support, eat lunch at desk as work needs to be done
co workers were easy to work with,
heavy work load but easy

loved working there but needed to leave because of having to move away to be with my sister whom is sick. 4 hours away
Customer Service, Warehousing & Distribution
Had learned customer's in-house warehousing system

Poor management run by the Operation Manager

Too much office politics among colleagues

No teamworks between operation & CS

Customer is helpful & approachable
Pros
Workplace is near to where I stay
Cons
Over loaded & long hours of working
it's a easy task but the days can get long and hard. I love the days for vactions. it can be a better place if the management would change. The co-workers can be nice and can be mean at time try to stay to myself and on task.
An environment I found impossible to work in, due to my personal experience at the hands of the management team in my department. In my opinion this amounts to constructive dismissal - Pending Grievance Procedures
Pros
Made a lot of friends, enjoyed the nature of the work.
Cons
Long hours, excessive workload and bad managment
Many of my clients were based on the west coast which meant most of my work didn't begin till 12:00 est. My experience with Kheune Nagel, was different from any other job I held. Product was the key as we were a logistic company. Typically, trucks were rolling in and out of our facility on a continuous basis which meant you had to be produce your order in a timely manner to keep with the schedule.
Pros
Holiday parties were great
Cons
Location was off the beaten paths from public transportation
I enjoyed this company as it had many goals that had to be met, and it was a great challenge. They provided excellent individual coaching to assist in meeting these goals.
Great place to work, good benefits. I learned a lot from working here and don't have any negative statements about this place. Just your average place, but employees were treated fair, if you worked hard and met your obligations. I would definitely work for this place again.
Pros
Employee rewards
Cons
It is a busy work place but there is no room for advancement. You are quick to get told if you do something wrong. Very much like you are being watched and like you are at school. There isn't much support and unfair treatment towards staff. There is also unforeseen behaviour
Pros
3 breaks a day
Cons
No encouragement or praise for doing good work
I learned a lot about accountancy. Nice team to work with.

I took on additional responsibilities in a secondment role as part of a central recovery project team providing structured training and defining administration duties for key staff members within new start up business.
My additional task is set up and organization of training and development program for existing and new employees into customer services involving planning and delivering of training, induction and policy and procedures.

I deal with a number of escalations form the team members who have less experience, assist Line Manager with reports and analysis, KPIs and weekly/monthly service performance report.
Pros
great team
Cons
weekend work
CSR / still working there .Data entry clerk on several major accounts which consists of shipping and receiving of stock items. Process cycle counts on inventory held with in the warehouse. I have scheduled carriers for incoming and outgoing shipments.
Work closely with the end customer to monitor all shipments via email And phone. I am proficient on Maves and Ciel Software.
Pros
Love the job, have really learned alot
Cons
n/a
A typical work day was busy from the time you clocked in till the time you left of a evening, sometimes you do not have time to take a lunch.
I learned a lot about the international freight business, we were not aloud to meet with the customers, which I would have like to because that way you get to learn more about the person you are speaking with on the phone.

The management team had to much favoritism with a lot of the employees, if they did not like you the would forward all of the mistakes made to you and not the person that created the mistake.

I really liked my coworkers, they were fun to work with.

The hardest part of the job was walking on egg shells wondering what the management team was going to yell at you about.

The hardest part of the job was walking in in the morning wondering what you are going to get yelled out about.

The most enjoyable part of the job is going home in the evening.
Pros
when the airlines buys lunch for us and appriciates what we do for them.
Cons
no breaks
Inbound and Outbound call center. Received calls from numerous companies with a variety of customer services needs. Management was fair. Co- workers were great. The hardest part about the job was nothing it was a an easy job. Growth in house was often available.
The company relocated out of county though and left a lot of people with out jobs.
Pros
Laid off
Cons
Growth within the company
A fast paced work environment, there is no time to be bored.
There is knowledge to be acquired about contract logistics.

Management is fair and understanding for the most part.

The co-workers are friendly on face value.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with the co-workers.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the work itself. You never always have something to do, and it has the potential to be intellectually stimulating.
Learned about Freight Forwarding and how it works.

Typical day is fast and furious, which I like.

Co-Workers are okay, most are unhappy with the amount of workload that K+N puts on them.

Immediate supervisor lacks supervisory skills.

Management - continues to make promises that it cannot uphold regarding permanent employment.

Enjoyable - Employeed vs. unemployeed - thankful I have a job, be it temp or permanent.

Hardest part of the job is expecting others to have the same work ethics and values I have and finding very few in that category.
Pros
continuous overtime
Cons
feeling of disconnect
It was a nice and clean place to work the people were nice. The management was ok some where fair...
Pros
1 hour lunch