Kuehne+Nagel

Kuehne+Nagel Employee Reviews for Export Manager

Export Manager32 reviews
Focus is shifting from taking care of the people that helped built the company to pleasing its share holders. It used to be a good company to work for...
I absolutely enjoyed working in KN at the Romulus location in the Air Export Department. I could have seen myself retire from KN. The only reason why I had to leave the job that I enjoyed was due to relocation. If I could have worker remotely, it would have been perfect.
K&N Logistic is the best company I had worked in my life. The whole company (office and warehouse workers) feels like one big team. I still had contact with almost all my co-workers and we all agree in one thing...the K&N experience was the best. Great salaries, working atmosphere and benefits. For us it wasn't a job or a company...was just a FAMILY...Thank you K&N...
Work efficiently with instant, individual & customizable quotes. destinations worldwide. ad-hoc booking. maximum flexibility. binding quotes. Destinations: China, India, Canada, Brazil, France, Mexiko, Philippines, Australia, Malaysia, UK.
Plenty of entry level positions, long hours including Saturdays, lots of vacation hours and PTO but encouraged not to use them. Lean staff, so missing time is detrimental to your team and your accounts. People are extremely friendly including management. It is the corporate structure that is frustrating NOT the ground level managers.
KN-USA and especially the Houston branch are miss managed. HR has concepts and ideas that would make this place a better environment but don’t understand the workload and stress that is placed on operations by improper sales arrangements and lack of proper staffing.
on a day to day work is pretty quite
i have learned a lot learning system .

Management was good .

working at place was enjoyable working with my coworker
Pros
good working eniviroment
Cons
nothing
Problem solving, procurement of pricing, hiring of new employees, discipline and writing performance improvement plans, reviewing employees, adjusting workloads based on new business.
Pros
encouraged for advancement, posted new positions timely, decision making
Cons
lack of HR issues handled properly, no action to keep employees that resign, no exist interview
Poor management, especially from managing the human resources. Most of the promotions are awarded by "knowing the right person" (like a boys' club) and not by merit.
Much of the workday is spent answering email from clients worldwide, leaving very little time to complete operations effectively. Fast paced work environment also leaves little room for proper training.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Kuehne+Nagel?
I'm still working for Kuehne+Nagel. I love my job very much as I work from home. We move cargo on to flights to make to final destination. The hours are very flexible. The hardest part is dealing with shipments that are late, or have discrepancies. I love my team lead and my boss. They are understandable and care about their employees ,
Pros
working from home
Cons
some days are longer than others
typical day in air export was very fast paced every aspected needed to get cargo moved, we all learned quick to work together and be a team player. we were always kept up to date on any new regulations. we were dg certified and kept up to date on TSA training. worked with a great team who valued each other and had a very strong work ethic. hardest part could be last minute curve balls making it hard to accomplish. I cannot say enough about our supervisor. she was extremely knowledgeable and an overall great leader to us all, really set a high standard that we wanted and felt honored to follow. workplace culture was positive, supportive and professional most enjoyable part was leaving at the end of the day knowing we made a difference and doing our very best and proud to be part of the Kuehne + Nagel team. Also felt very well treated by the company and had the best benefits I've very experienced. Truly one of the best places I've ever worked in my 25 years.
Pros
we'd get pizza night on month ends and other perks
Cons
some of the "cbt's (computer based training) could be updated
While the company itself is a good one for the industry... pay was not always par for the long hours worked, training staff could have been better, you had to press for pay increases.
I was a temporary worker contracted thru Areotek. The lture was very laid back but having someone train you was difficult because everyone was always busy.
This company gives you the opportunity to learn and further your knowledge in the industry. The level of expectancy is very high and sometimes puts pressure on the employees.
Pros
Always something to do
The logistics industry is one of the most fast paced industries in the world. If you like solving problems quickly and multitasking this is the right environment for you!
Pros
Fast Paced
Cons
Low work life balance
Kuehne-Nagel was a wonderful company to work for. I had daily challenges at work and loved the people and the facility I worked at. I enjoyed the customers service part of my job the most.
Company is one to really want to work in and just glad I was able to be apart of this company and have them on my resume as a past employer. Learned a lot from this place and can say Im good at what I do due to the fact I was surrounded by a group of people that were good leaders and great co workers.
Pros
Great Company that takes care of their employees
Cons
None to report
Great Company, great benefits, room to grow but only so much. As a freight forwarder there is only some many places you can go at a company but Kuehne-Nagel will help you get there
Pros
Managmemnt, benefits
Cons
Kuehne & Nagel is a great starting point to get into the freight forwarding industry. There is room to grow, learn, and the support form other co-workers is the best I have seen at any job. If there is a performance issue they will give you more training so that you can succeed. They understand a educated employee will benefit them as well. Great management, great employees. My only complaint would be the long hours I worked.
Pros
free lunches every now and then.
Cons
Long Hours
KN is very reputed among the international freight forwarder companies, good work environment and culture. Its very important to have good decision makers.
Pros
Reputation
Cons
Growth of an individual
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kuehne+Nagel. Our community is ready to answer.