Kuehne+Nagel

Kuehne+Nagel Employee Reviews for Shipping and Receiving Clerk

Shipping and Receiving Clerk14 reviews
You're never knowing when you going home they tell you the hours when you get there never knowing when you going home or coming. Work in the freezer all day with little pay
Everyone is SUPER UNPROFESSIONAL if you're looking for a nice clean comfortable environment, THIS IS NOT IT.
Everyone speaks spanish, they're all from juarez. (Super rude people) If you don't speak spanish you will immediately be left out. Very uncomfortable work environment everyone is in your business. Any problems and there's pointing fingers immediately, super childish management. There's no such thing as team work, everyone has their own "group" of people. This warehouse will eventually fail.
Don’t work for this company!! Horrible management and unprofessional HR. I was on medical leave and the entire company knew why??? No confidentiality at all and against the law!
This company it not equal there a lot favorable there not fair ppl They give credit to the wrong ppl I don’t know how they can run a company like that
Really stupid. No help from no one. They assume you don’t want to work if your the one one in your position and there 100 talk to do a day. One person can’t do everything. I work 6 days a week and they were so ungrateful, no appreciation shown at all.
Cons
On a typical day in receiving, we received in over 500 parts or more to receive into our data base(SAP). The years that I work for the company, I learned how to use SAP to check in and receive in material. The work place was all ways moving. The hardest part of the job was, dealing with wrong P.O. The most enjoyable part of the job was, the people I worked with.
Pros
work was re-warded
Cons
breaks could be longer
I am new their so i dont kno much, but there are really cool peopl working their but pay is only 11$ and they have a very management team. Thats only thing
The employees and customers are good to work with. The role was challenging, but at the same time fulfilling. The overall management lack strategic direction. This company gives you the opportunity to learn and further your knowledge in the industry. The level of expectancy is very high and sometimes puts pressure on the employees.
My typical day at work is starting with over 900 emails (operational) emails that need to be answer for all customers.Next the operational dispatch board that needs to send work to the carriers,Back to problem shooting emails( with issues looking at the ports website answer quotes for our internal offices.Conference calls with cusomers to keep the customer satisfied
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
15 minute break
Fun and exciting environment. People are so friendly and team work was the top of the list. I got see all different varieties of what it they do. I like it.
Pros
Excellent service
Cons
Temporary
Self pace job, you have to stay on task while at your own pace. No one is watching over you so you have to make sure you are a self driven worker and that likes to stay on task and stay consistent. Also you have to prioritize shipments which have to go out before others. None of the managers give you pressure, but at the same time shipments need to be packed and sent out to be shipped.
• Processes orders for material or merchandise received by e-mail & EDI from customer.
• Examine records such as bills, computer printouts, bills of lading, and related documents and correspondence and Informs customer of shipping dates, anticipated delays and any additional information needed by customer using e-mail or telephone.

• Manage communication of shipment authorization on collect shipment; determination of routing and mode (FTL/LTL).

• Confers with warehouse and common carrier personnel to expedite or trace missing or delayed shipments.

• Compiles sorts and verifies accuracy of data to be entered.

• Enters order into automated system, and files copy of orders received as requested.

• Compile statistics and prepares various reports for management.
I love the benefits and the flexibility the company offers. I work with a great group of people. I have learned how to use so many different types of programs such as Syncada, A/B Value, Warehouse Inventory System, and ACON(accounts payable).
This company has its fast pass moments, but when it slows down it just stops. The building is very clean. It is hard to get in 8 hours a day. Most of the management is good to work for. It is very rare that the company will hire you full time.