Kuehne+Nagel

Kuehne+Nagel Employee Reviews for Warehouse Lead

Warehouse Lead21 reviews
keeping and maintaining a UPH of over 40 per hour with a team of over 20+ while maintaining all safety polices. the team we built was the most enjoyable part of the day having a group that was willing to go above and beyond for us was amazing.
This is not a company that you feel good about going to work every day. Every day they push you more and more to work harder and harder. They ask everybody to come to work 2 or 3 hours earlier every day and to stay 2 or 3 hours later every evening. Not a good company if you have a family. Eveyday they have a meeting 3pm where they threaten everyones job.
This company came with its good and bad. Work a lot of long hours with little time with family. Managers and leads don't know how to communicate. Over all needs a lot of work.
Great place to work over all.. Shifts are good and the insurance is great.. Time off is good and the job is a great atmospheres I really enjoy working for this company
Pros
Great company
Cons
Cut your hours and will change your shift without notice. Horrible warehouse Ops managers. They don't treat everyone fairly. Just a horrible experience all together. The ops managers really are the problem.
I feel motivated to work at Kuehne + Nagel, people are friendly and positive. Everyone will support a new co-worker with tips and knowledge. I´d definitely recommend.
The company is a good company, room for advancement but at my site the upper management is a drag when it comes to listening to the employees. Once they start to listen they will be better off in getting the morale to be at a steady level. The scheduling is horrendous, no consistency.
Pros
Benefits, advancement opportunities
Cons
Upper management
Worked for 2 years as an operative. I've seen workers injured due to an unsafe environment and they were dealt with and send home without calling an ambulance. Some of them had difficulties standing on their own 2 legs. Shift manager will constantly try to work you as much as possible, pushing it over the limit and will try to send you home early even if you are contracted in order to reduce cost. They reached a point where you had to do 2+ hours of overtime on a daily basis that they couldn't afford to pay and you had to beg every month for your overtime money. Agency workers contracted by Manpower had problems in receiving their normal pay some of them missing 2-3 hours a day from their pay. Very bad management, coordinated by a single individual confusing the work environment with his playground dealing with issues through blackmail, manipulation and threatening workers with the termination of work contract if they wouldn't reach the desired target even if it inhuman workload. Very small warehouse to fit everything, the picked goods were loaded on trucks, vans or lorries and kept outside of the warehouse during the nighttime due to lack of space. Very small canteen and only 1 department had at least 30 workers to share 2 microwaves. Toilets were always a mess. There is no way going up, but they created an atmosphere where you have to give detailed information about other warehouse ops activities so you may get attention.No communication in between departments which lead to plenty of issues during the working day. Uniform is not provided although it is stated in your contract - more...
Pros
Smoking brake
Cons
too many
Good place to work if you don't have a family. Lots of hours worked. hire mostly contract employees, work for 90 days before you are eligable to be hired FT
Pros
Nice lunch area with vending machines and actual food
Cons
Poork work/personal life
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Kuehne+Nagel?
No two days are the same, variety of tasks and challenges. Great colleagues and people/organisations that we liaise with. Interesting place to work, sometimes pressurised though.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Management.
I have been in K&N for 7 years so far,
I have learned a lot, as I have start my work as Agency worker, and then been promoted few times up to Configuration Team Leader.

Kuehne&Nagel is good place to work, with plenty room for progression, Managers give most of employee's opportunity to develop their skills.
Busy place to work never a quite moment the people there are friendly hard work easy to get along with plenty of over time also help you with your license i.e forktruck llop reach etc
Pros
Dinnner breaks paid for bonus at new year
Cons
Long days 8f you work out side rain wind snow etc does not stop play
it was a decent job no complaints from me the pay was great the staff was great and the management was great. I cant say anything bad about this company
Work is for a manager not a company. Unfortunately at Kuehne and Nagel it seems that the outside hire managers are much better than the managers that have been promoted internally.

A culture of laziness and appearing the best despite doing minimal work will get you to the top in this company.
Pros
Life assurance, discounts
Cons
Any 5 from 7 shift pattern, lazy managers, too many managers, little recognition, poor communication, poor HR department, poor hiring requirements for managers (half of them couldnt speak english properly)
My day always varies due to nature of business im looking to further my carreer on a more permanant state as i only hold an acting role. Im always looking to improve my skills and knoledge and where possible will interact and work closely with all management levels, ive always had a great rapore with on every level..
I work closely with all staff on all levels and incourage ideas and spontanious desissions as long as viable to business.

I love the daily Tasks and challenges as always different no two days are the same.Hardest part of my job sometimes can be knowing when to stop as i often imerse myself in my projects / work and can be totally focussed and often run over as always looking to perfect.

In this indusry there is always something new to take on board or Learn.
Pros
Learning new skills, Training readily available, Support always given.
Cons
imerse myself in work and often give my time to complete, being taken out of comfort zone learning
target driven environment with very demanding shifts. willing to develop people within the company. only down side is management and shift patterns
Pros
insentive scheme
Cons
shift patterns
A typical day at Kuehne-Nagel was when I was on earlies shift and the PM team leader phone in sick so I had to stay and plan to run the PM shift until my Line manager advise,I did stayed 12 hrs to cover the shift and manager sent another team leader at 1800.

I have learned how to be a team player and be flexible as when required for the company.

Management is great as they did appreciate to me for staying long hours plus they gave me double time which was nice of them.

Co-workers are great and we do get on well and work as team.

hardest part of jobs when you have agency staff who can't speak English so i had to explain them very slowly and show them what needs doing.

Enjoyable about the Job is I like to manage staff and treat them fairly which they appreciate it and working in different teams.
I larned a lot of thing on this company, good management friendly people(excluding some muscle builders) whom was allways seeking for fight.
At times the job could be very challenging and sometimes quite frustrating. Having multiple accounts that I was responsible for it seemed like sometimes they needed more time than I had to give to each account.
Pros
good hours
Cons
stress
A great place for work and supervise the floor inbounds and out bound on daily bases.
Pros
free lunches
During my brief time things were not good. This was a startup operation in distress before it ever got close to going live. Not nearly enough equipment, 50 + trucks incoming a day, and 12-14 hour shifts. Management hadn't a clue.