Kuehne + Nagel Employee Reviews for Warehouse Worker

Found 169 reviews matching the search See all 2,179 reviews
Good benefits but no advancement
Warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXFebruary 25, 2019
Not many opportunities to advance. Good benefits and work is not too difficult but there is constant standing and lifting heavy objects. The management is fair when handling issues but slow to react.
If you want to be treated fairly, don’t work here.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILJanuary 24, 2019
I was directly hired this past year. My dad then developed major complications from lymphoma that required me to help him with appointments once a week. Thus having to take time off. Mind you KN has a very strict 6 point call out rule. I hit my pinnicale this past week when I got really sick. They will NOT honor doctors notes. So I was let go. My immediate supervisor was helpful in terms of letting me have my requested days off, but HR was not.
Overall, the company seems pretty solid, plenty of work and the opportunity to move up. Make sure you are healthy and do not have any sick family members, because they WILL throw you away like a dirty old sock.
Pros
Good pay, benefits.
Cons
HR is terrible. Favoritism is ripe. Long hours.
Good but a lot of unorganized work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILJanuary 13, 2019
Could be a career if management was better clean work area better system would help a lot and also a better punctual system nice on overtime always available 24 hour facility
Productive and great work staff
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Wellingborough, UKDecember 16, 2018
Enjoy working in the freezer department at -28 degrees as I enjoy challenges. Management is okay once you are given your designated area you get left alone to get on with your job
Good working culture.
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  AirbusNovember 20, 2018
Left a full time job of 4 years to work for K&N was a bit scared at first for moving jobs, as this can happen to people. But I've found upto now they are a good company to work for, very good health and safety structure which is always important in a company. Very professional well established company globally.
Pros
Job security good hours to work
Gen Op
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  CorkNovember 15, 2018
Not the best place to work

was here through agency and while they did train me pretty well

I was training new staff who were being payed more than me
Pros
free coffee
Cons
Poor Salary, poor treatment of staff
as stated below
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  ReadingOctober 31, 2018
a typical day at work for me starts before work in that i like to look forward to work. on time and knowing what needs to be done, as long as its done appropriately and up to standards. there are always room for improvement and things to learn, im a willing participant of such.
management is as it says. they are in charge and that respect goes with it. if i have an opinion i think it fair to say to management, its up to management to decide on such.
workplace culture is accepted if its there its ok if its not, i do like to comunicate and socialise with colleages. i do consider myself a friendly person.
in my experience the hardest part of any workday is when an unexpected difficulty arise. for such situation there's most always implimentations in place for such. dont panic, follow protocol would be my solution.
the most enjoyable part of the job has to be when the customer is happy.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
temperature
Good salary, safe place to work
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Brinklow Milton KeynesOctober 26, 2018
Good place for hard working people,a lot of overtime and good salary. I recomend that place for looking for work. Management is very polite for people.
A lot needed improvement
Storeman (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-NatalOctober 21, 2018
My experience with the company was not that good because of how we were transferred to the company. There were lot of discrepancies particularly with contract. Though it was partly fixed I still continued to work there.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAOctober 1, 2018
I went for the job fair. Got interviewed by the ops manger all to be told that I could get hire but by their staffing agency and that I would have to go through them before I got hire on with the company. What kind of company invites you to a job fair all to be told that it would be thru agency
Pros
Non
Cons
Non
productive
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXSeptember 24, 2018
its a fast paced environment ,the work is competitive because you get a price for been at your best ,Asides supervising material flow I maintain accurate stock records and schedule .
wery busy place
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  WellingboroughSeptember 14, 2018
Managers are ok , at least mine , but always you get a feeling that no day shift work, As a night shift worker when you came in you are you are speechless . in 4 years there i can count on my fingers how many times day shifts done all their job.
Cons
Good company for benefits.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 24, 2018
Benefits and opportunities are easily available however man power was short(in my experience) which resulted in increasing hours. Sometimes up to 75 hours a week. Along with this I had several issues with a specific member of management.
Pros
Benefits, pay is fair.
Cons
Long days. Unclear guidance from management.
Easy work and fun work environment.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAAugust 16, 2018
Some days were busier than others and that made the work more interesting. I learned how to operate scanning devices and machines in order to complete transactions. The management were very cool and made the job go by smoother and funner. The hardest thing about the job was making sure to place the inventory in the right spot without a properly working scanner. The people that worked alongside you made the job more enjoyable.
Nepotism at it's worse
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  TraffordJuly 27, 2018
The warehouse/drivers are sound lads but the managers are friends of friends and know nothing about warehouse or transport management. Don't get me wrong, not all managers there are rubbish but if you have not done the job, how do you expect to have an understanding of the issues faced by the staff.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Long hours and poor managers
Slave drivers with no incentives
Warehouse Operative/Picker (Current Employee) –  TraffordJuly 18, 2018
Everyone goes to work for the money, but there is no enjoyment in the job. Management are clueless and it's a wonder they keep the place going. Staff are treated as just a number, as the staff turnover is unreal and there are different faces each week. No incentives and no feel good factor about going to work. It's everyman for himself and no-one works as a team. After 5 years, can't wait to get out.
Pros
No perks whatsoever.
Cons
Hard picking targets. Physically demanding.
Fair and some good co workers
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  ManchesterJuly 11, 2018
I worked at Centrepoint, I was always treated fairly by the main management, I started in Recycling which I liked a lot, I was offered a contract after only 10 weeks which I gratefully accepted, sadly a week later I was moved inside to do picking and packing which I honestly sucked at, I no longer looked forward to going to work, the criticism felt non stop and demeaning, so I sadly left, good Company (90%) great co workers (95%) demanding job 100%
Pros
Good atmosphere if your hitting targets
Cons
A couple of two faced managers (low level )
Peaceful workforce.
warehouse operator (Current Employee) –  JKIAJune 23, 2018
Always determined to have a positive mind to achieve a day-day goals by attesting to all of my knowledge and skills, creating a friendly working condition and encouraging a positive workforce.
Pros
free carriage
Cons
30 mins lunchbreak
Warehouse FLM (Former Employee) –  ManchesterMay 20, 2018
I was a FLM on the Costa contract.
It was hard work but very enjoyable.
The shop floor guys as a rule were a good bunch and most were passionate about getting the job done.
Good support from my managers few of the other FLM’s were lazy snides who you wouldn’t trust one bit.
Careful what you say and who to and you’ll get along fine.
Pros
Friendly and helpful staff.
Cons
Long shifts. Untrustworthy co workers. Wages are quite low.
Bad management
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Trafford, Greater ManchesterApril 7, 2018
Did not like the job as they never helped me out when I hurt my self due to working to much for them. Very bad management poor communication lack of interest in staff
Pros
Cons
Long shirts