Kuehne + Nagel

Kuehne + Nagel Employee Reviews for Warehouse Worker

boring but good money
money was good but the work was very labour intensive. staff were all kind. management was very professional. work place was very clean.
the best aspect of this job was overtime as they would pay very generously
Hellhole
If you enjoy working with people who are literally mentally ill and give flatulence where they stand, then this is a place for you! Absolutely horrible place to work. One of the team leaders wore a safety vest that he hasn't washed for years and looked like a bum.
Pros
Cons
Working with retards, thieves, and low-mannered, uneducated people
good team
Every shift have briefing on the beginning so people know what they will do in exact day.
I learn how to do my job properly, how to menage people , how to work in team.

The hardest part was working under pressure every day- in amazon contract .

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with people and learning new think every day,
Nope never again!
This company is a start up company so they are still trying to hire a good team and figure out what works. The problem is management do not have the proper cultural and ethical background to work with a diverse group of people. This causes problems because they talk to people like they are unintelligent. Mandatory or is called at the punch clock and there’s no debate. Third shift is treated poorly and blamed for everything that can go wrong! Good opportunities to forge new friendships
Pros
Weekly pay, people you meet
Cons
Management, no room for advancement
prouductive and fun place
fun and great work environment. best coworkers and management team. well take care of their employee. fun place to work and flexible hours between 7 to 9 start time.
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
Wha?
Superb!
You can earn money there, if you want to.

A lot of overtime available!

People who work there are very friendly. It's an easy work and pays well!
Good benefits but no advancement
Not many opportunities to advance. Good benefits and work is not too difficult but there is constant standing and lifting heavy objects. The management is fair when handling issues but slow to react.
If you want to be treated fairly, don’t work here.
I was directly hired this past year. My dad then developed major complications from lymphoma that required me to help him with appointments once a week. Thus having to take time off. Mind you KN has a very strict 6 point call out rule. I hit my pinnicale this past week when I got really sick. They will NOT honor doctors notes. So I was let go. My immediate supervisor was helpful in terms of letting me have my requested days off, but HR was not.
Overall, the company seems pretty solid, plenty of work and the opportunity to move up. Make sure you are healthy and do not have any sick family members, because they WILL throw you away like a dirty old sock.
Pros
Good pay, benefits.
Cons
HR is terrible. Favoritism is ripe. Long hours.
Good but a lot of unorganized work
Could be a career if management was better clean work area better system would help a lot and also a better punctual system nice on overtime always available 24 hour facility
Productive and great work staff
Enjoy working in the freezer department at -28 degrees as I enjoy challenges. Management is okay once you are given your designated area you get left alone to get on with your job
Good working culture.
Left a full time job of 4 years to work for K&N was a bit scared at first for moving jobs, as this can happen to people. But I've found upto now they are a good company to work for, very good health and safety structure which is always important in a company. Very professional well established company globally.
Pros
Job security good hours to work
Gen Op
Not the best place to work

was here through agency and while they did train me pretty well

I was training new staff who were being payed more than me
Pros
free coffee
Cons
Poor Salary, poor treatment of staff
as stated below
a typical day at work for me starts before work in that i like to look forward to work. on time and knowing what needs to be done, as long as its done appropriately and up to standards. there are always room for improvement and things to learn, im a willing participant of such.
management is as it says. they are in charge and that respect goes with it. if i have an opinion i think it fair to say to management, its up to management to decide on such.

workplace culture is accepted if its there its ok if its not, i do like to comunicate and socialise with colleages. i do consider myself a friendly person.

in my experience the hardest part of any workday is when an unexpected difficulty arise. for such situation there's most always implimentations in place for such. dont panic, follow protocol would be my solution.

the most enjoyable part of the job has to be when the customer is happy.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
temperature
Good salary, safe place to work
Good place for hard working people,a lot of overtime and good salary. I recomend that place for looking for work. Management is very polite for people.
A lot needed improvement
My experience with the company was not that good because of how we were transferred to the company. There were lot of discrepancies particularly with contract. Though it was partly fixed I still continued to work there.
I went for the job fair. Got interviewed by the ops manger all to be told that I could get hire but by their staffing agency and that I would have to go through them before I got hire on with the company. What kind of company invites you to a job fair all to be told that it would be thru agency
Pros
Non
Cons
Non
productive
its a fast paced environment ,the work is competitive because you get a price for been at your best ,Asides supervising material flow I maintain accurate stock records and schedule .
wery busy place
Managers are ok , at least mine , but always you get a feeling that no day shift work, As a night shift worker when you came in you are you are speechless . in 4 years there i can count on my fingers how many times day shifts done all their job.
Cons
Good company for benefits.
Benefits and opportunities are easily available however man power was short(in my experience) which resulted in increasing hours. Sometimes up to 75 hours a week. Along with this I had several issues with a specific member of management.
Pros
Benefits, pay is fair.
Cons
Long days. Unclear guidance from management.
Easy work and fun work environment.
Some days were busier than others and that made the work more interesting. I learned how to operate scanning devices and machines in order to complete transactions. The management were very cool and made the job go by smoother and funner. The hardest thing about the job was making sure to place the inventory in the right spot without a properly working scanner. The people that worked alongside you made the job more enjoyable.
Nepotism at it's worse
The warehouse/drivers are sound lads but the managers are friends of friends and know nothing about warehouse or transport management. Don't get me wrong, not all managers there are rubbish but if you have not done the job, how do you expect to have an understanding of the issues faced by the staff.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Long hours and poor managers