Kuehne + Nagel
Here to help: Coronavirus update

Kuehne + Nagel Employee Reviews in Birmingham

Birmingham32 reviews
good work like to work there again if i had chance
tipical day in work learn lots of things meet new friends good boss and supervisors good team work nice canteeen

productive job

good pay

good team work
Positive Experience
Working for Kuehne Nagel has been pleasant, lots of things can be improved but overall the experience is good.
At the beginning it was not as good as now, but there were huge changes in the last two years as part of an initiative of improvement which in my opinion is working quite well.
Very good
Enjoyed working there I had worked for Kuehne and Nagel before 2011 on the M+S, Bosch and Tesco contract I had had a Manager role and a team leaders role and work all over the country
Good place to work but too many idiots
nice place, good wages but management and temaleaders clueless no idea how to run a team and to show leadership, far too busy chatting up girls and going for countless smoking and extended breaks
Poor poor company
Worse company I've ever worked for. Managers are clueless & ignorant workers are pushed to the limit training is poor lots of druggies driving m.h.e even had few managers fail drug tests avoid at all costs
Bad management and not only
No fair treatment, Bad management and unprofessional, managers do what they want like is their own company and you Cannot do anything about it, the rules are not for everyone. Sometime I thought is not possible to happen something like this in such company for So long. They promote and hire managers too fast with no people skills, they are liers and vengeful !! Avoid KN!!
Pros
Cons
No job security
Good workplace
A few point below what I leaned the experience I had within Kuehne Nagel.

Managing over 150 people in peak

Ensuing KPI's are met each week

Time Keeping

Enjoying new challenges
productive work place
Since beginning of my employment at Kuehne+Nigel I have proven my dedication to
success by continual achieving all targets and go beyond it.

My great attention to details could help me and other colleagues to solve day to day task

in our department and excellent attendance is showing my genuine interest to our team

success.
Company has lost amazon contract
Best to wait a while to see whether they can acquire a new customer if so maybe best to apply direct to the website rather than agency. This may take longer however this will guarantee your contracted with them.
friendl environment
I have gained a lot of experience through gaining the role of operations controller, from booking in vehicle services to mobile scanner running gear services. How to plan vehicles moves and change the runs at short notice to comply with the customers needs.
Pros
friendly atmosphere
Volume, volume, volume...
Poor management, especially from managing the human resources. Most of the promotions are awarded by "knowing the right person" (like a boys' club) and not by merit.
Productive Logistical planner and account manager
Freight forwarding and logistical planning has been my main industry for 16 years. Working at Kuehne & Nagel for the past 7 years has been enjoyable, it has a good varied balance of people and many opportunities for those wanting to achieve more. The hours can be long and the work can be challenging at times but this has taught me effective time management skills and also improved my thought process to adapt to different and difficult situations. Kuehne+Nagel is a company that provides many benefits for its employees including discounts on many highstreet stores.
Pros
approachable management, discount offers to staff members
good workplace
Kuehne and nagel is a good workplace. There are any different sites where people make you feel welcome and part of the team. They have some new sites, one of which I worked in so it wasn't as organised as other sites.
Pros
salary
Good place to work.
I worked there for 9 years. Interesting place to work. the problem for me was the distance from my home. Greetings to the whole crew.
very bad place to work
Bad management, a shame for K+N company.
Discrimination, low pay rate, not options to evolve except for some people are just a few characteristics for this workplace.

Was a very bad decision to accept the contract there.
Good Company
Good company to work for, has a good focus on what it want to achieve moving towards the future. Very focused on the number and very demanding on results.
Pros
good staff
Cons
long hours, only focused on the numbers
Good company for job security
Good company for job security but confused senior management team leads to a confused and demotivated workforce.

Branch management needs to motivate the branches and try to enthuse and Incentivise their staff rather than cutting costs after a record braking result this year.
bad Managment for work and family life
Job work and LIfe balance, this company arent good at helping you to balance them both.
They arent understand or flexable on this front.

i wouldnt rate the managment very well also.
Productive place.
Loading and unloading vehicles.The management were approachable and helpful.The job was not difficult because it was very repeatative.I was given the opportunity of training on other sections.
Pros
early finish.
Cons
not enough work to last for 8 hours.
Managers Make or Break
Work is for a manager not a company. Unfortunately at Kuehne and Nagel it seems that the outside hire managers are much better than the managers that have been promoted internally.

A culture of laziness and appearing the best despite doing minimal work will get you to the top in this company.
Pros
Life assurance, discounts
Cons
Any 5 from 7 shift pattern, lazy managers, too many managers, little recognition, poor communication, poor HR department, poor hiring requirements for managers (half of them couldnt speak english properly)
A good place if you want zero advancement.
Easy work, easy targets, everything is easy it's not hard, but it's a dead work place.
Company can change your shifts and your only choice is to take the change or leave.

They will happily keep you on the same job every day, even if you peform well.

"You go where we need you" not where you'd like.

There are little to no advancement nor training oppurtunities.

No canteen on nights and poor facilities.

I've heard and seen that other depots are brilliant but not this one.

*** AVOID *** Birmingham, Merlin Park.
Pros
33% night shift premium from 10pm to 6am.
Cons
No advancement, shift changes, poor management.