Kuehne + Nagel

Kuehne + Nagel Employee Reviews in Thatcham

Good work place
Good place to work, busy at times. Good team work and understanding managers. I was left to carry out my work on my own and make my own decisions when necessary After 18 years very sorry to leave.
Management not great
Management not very competent which led me to leave this company as I was prevented from improving in my role and expand as a manager so a little disappointed
Temporary job to earn money
Although K&N had a very welcoming team and therefore i enjoyed the social interactions with the staff, the nature of the work was hard labour and thus i always felt fatigued. The physical nature was the hardest part of the job, because our day-to-day responsibilities included sorting out empty kegs within a large outside area. My need to earn money for University was the motivator for taking and persisting with the job, so my thinking was always very short-term when considering this role.
fun but overwork the staff out in the yard
not a lot of progression to be made within this company as you are made fake promises and the managers over work the staff causing some to have back injuries. hours were very ideal and most of the staff in the yard were very nice and a good laugh (especially mike and all the agency workers).
Pros
staff
Cons
managers
A positive and fun place
The job its self is quite good, you learn new thing every week. there are different techniques to do things around the work place and people have there own ways that they sometimes share to benefit you and the productivity of the company.
Pros
good pay
Cons
The agencys that are employed by the client are sometimes unreliable
Choas all around
At Kuhne + Nagel, I start work and after doing my pre-shift checks on my Clamp truck. I will normally be asked to do trunks which involves picking stacks of kegs using the computer system and taking them to the relevant trailer for distribution to other depots.
I also get asked to stop and load on the small pack pallets, which I am quite happy to do as it is an opportunity to get off my truck and scan the pallets.

Most of the people are lazy.

Management don't care and will try to make morale as low as possible.

But if you work hard and keep your head down you'll be left alone.
Cons
Poor management
Good working environment
Good envirnment although they do not like to take on agency opeatives
Pros
Regular hours
Cons
Outside rest area -cold in winter
Very enjoyable, work collegues are great
Always varies, lots of different tasks, collegues are great to work with and we all work well as a team.
Hardest part of the job is when a lot of tasks are all URGENT, which ones to do first.

Really love my credit control role and dealing with people. When problems are solved you feel like you have done something useful for others.

Management are great everyone works well together.
Pros
holiday flight discounts with ba
Cons
i don't really have any that i can think of except on the train in the winter
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Kuehne + Nagel?