Kuehne + Nagel

Kuehne + Nagel Employee Reviews in Elk Grove Village, IL

I have none at this time
I reall liked the work place for different reasons, it's mainly because it was fast paced and more efficient way getting trucks loaded and driver's in and out in a timely manner
rotating door and you are just a number
rotating door you are just a number you wont succeed unless you know somebody or go above and beyond at your own expense for quite some time. get ready to live here and have no life.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no personal life
You're just a number
Upper management relishes in pointing out errors, but never recognize hard work and dedication. They have no background in operations and use color coded computerized reports to determine what employees do on a day to day. Supervisors play favorites and sweep mistakes under the rug. Non favorables are tossed into the sacrificial pit to keep eyes off of the real culprits. Yearly bonuses are good and it's otherwise a professional environment if you keep to yourself and compliment supervisors time to time. Do your job, stay under the radar.
Pros
Paid parties, yearly bonuses, beautiful office
Cons
Favoritism, overworked
Oversaw Ocean Export
Problem solving, procurement of pricing, hiring of new employees, discipline and writing performance improvement plans, reviewing employees, adjusting workloads based on new business.
Pros
encouraged for advancement, posted new positions timely, decision making
Cons
lack of HR issues handled properly, no action to keep employees that resign, no exist interview
Challenging and exciting
Everyday is a new adventure where you never know what it will bring and the problem you have to solve.
I get to work with clients and vendors for the best solution on the export need
chicago office is a joke
Branch manager terminated most of upper management and replaced them with incompetent management who lack management skills or work ethic.New hires are young and inexperienced working for very low pay.Stop running this place into the ground there's still time to make things good again.
Cons
Lots of work lots of overtime
checking on emails and replying back, opening up files in the system, setting up checks for the airlines, making phone calls to the airlines, setting up quotes and deliveries, invoicing customers, scanning and faxing documents.
I learned what the logistics industry was about through this job.

When I was working for this company at the time management in my dept seemed to be non existent besides the occasional dept meetings. Supervisors at that time also didn't do much besides delegate work which they were suppose to be doing but instead passed off to the employees. Management really didn't know what certain customers required when delivering their shipments, ie: if they needed a team, if they needed advanced notice before delivery.

Hardest part of my job was seeing if I was ever going to become a permanent employee or stay as a temp.
Pros
Free lunches, office parties
Cons
no health care for me as a temp, staying a temp for over 2 yrs
Challenging workplace; entrepreneurial, challenging to find career advancement and opportunity
Learn about sophisticated international integrated logistics projects.

Good company and good people.
Overall, my experience at Kuehne and Nagel was a good one. I learned the most on this job, because it was a very "sink or swim" type of environment. The people were great. The workload was heavy for all employees.
Pros
Employees
Cons
Workloads
I enjoyed learning this job and loved it and the people I worked with.
great place to work at
A typical day at work was qualifying leads for new business opptys
I learned that hard work will always be appreciated even coming in as a temporary.

worked with very nice co workers

hardest part of my job was none

The most enjoyable part of the job was given the oppty showcase my skills waith great appreciation

Over rating was excellent would have liked to have work longer but due to cut backs my job was eliminated
Pros
Very nice people to work at
Leading Freight Forwarding company
A typical day at work consists of many e-mails with customers (both internal and external), working with team members to trouble shoot and/or solve issues pending and also working with customers to assist with meeting thier needs along with quoting for services

I am responsible for a team of 15 members. I assist them daily with any problems and/or issues they may have with vendors or customers to provide solutions.

I would say the most enjoyable part of my job is to see the accomplishments of both yourself and your team members in exceeding goals and meeting and/or exceeding customer's needs

I would say that the hardest part of my job is the inability to advance
Pros
great company with good benefits