Kuehne + Nagel
Here to help: Coronavirus update

Kuehne + Nagel Employee Reviews in Jersey City, NJ

Jersey City, NJ23 reviews
Productive company to work for but sometimes feel like a small fish in a big pond
I have enhanced my skills working at Kuehne Nagel and learned to develop new parts of my job.
i have met people of different cultures and it allows me to enjoy their aspect of the industry.

Somedays at work are difficult but sometimes I have to embrace challenges in the work field.
Slave house
K&N is a slave house. Work time balance means that you work 24/7.
Poor management without clear vision and purpose of the team. Lack of any culture to the point that managers are lying to employees and to them self.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, no work life balance, poor benefit
ehhh
job is boring - every day is the same. underpaid. lack of support from management. company pushes for happy employees and environment but they don't truly care about your well being.
production task
Due to lack of organization of material that was to be put away
this process due to improper put a way practices

this took longer than it should
Review
It is a great company that make sure all it staff is taken care of. The staff is very respectful. I have learned a lot of new stuff since 2012. The connection I had with my team I will never forget.
Ok job --- just stay away from seafreight export
If you are looking for work/life balance do yourself a favor and look elsewhere. Honestly speaking the entire industry is like that.... managers have no CARE for employees time .
No advancement for minorities
The former manager does not like or appreciate my work.
Showed favoritism to other like people.

Does not provide an on time review.

Reviews ate always the sane as prior years to hold you back
Receptionist
Kuehne&Nagel was a great overall experience. Work environment was professional and friendly. The pay was great, and there was room for advancement. I left due to it being a temp job and they called me to stay but I had found other employment already.
Pros
Everything from management to pay to work environment
Cons
I had to leave
Good to gain experience
K&N is good to earn some experience and to put on your resume. Otherwise, don't bother. String people along, wages too low. Genuinely feel management could care less about their employees.
Pros
Good work culture
Cons
Low pay, upper management doesn't care
KN Review
Great place to work, good benefits, great management. KN is a leader is the Freight Forwarding industry. The team is very collaborative and management id very fair.
Securing more compeitive rates
Good organization, but could not compete with the larger shipper who had direct carrier contracts. Kuehne+Nagel did not have the proper setup to compete in the perishable market against direct carriers.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Parking
Good working environment. Professional Staff
Good working environment. Professional Staff. This is where I learned the basics of freight forwarding. Enjoyed the training and knowledge I received. Good place to work.
Great co workers
While it was a good co worker environment at first . This qyuikly changed to no laughing during work hours.
Management did not care that you had to work later unpaid hours .

Not a positive atmosphere.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
poor management and morale
fun place to work
good and flexible company
should be a bit more transparent incase of opportunities

friendly and easy going people, good environment to work.

had a good experience
Productive, fast passed environment with great people.
The first thing that I do after clocking in is sort through all of my emails. Anything needed to be forwarded on for additional information, I sent to the correct parties. Next, I maintain a daily tracker for 2 of my customers and send them out accordingly. After this I begin sorting through invoices and checking payment statuses. Shortly after I may do some billing, or audit some freight bills or sort through trucking invoices or other miscellaneous invoices from other vendors.

I have learned a great deal about logistics and supply chain management, as I had NO experience when beginning this job.

Everyone that works he is great. It really is like having a big family. We all go out often after work, or meet on weekends, managers included. Really a great work environment where everyone gets along. That is hard to come by.
Pros
Colleagues are great.
Cons
Half hour lunch, can be stressful at times.
World Class Global Transportation and Logistics organization
Kuehne + Nagel, Inc is a world class global transportation organization.They are serious about leading the industry with innovation and market share. I found the management culture has changed over the last few years to become focused on short term profits and less of a an employee-friendly environment.
Production counts
Many of my clients were based on the west coast which meant most of my work didn't begin till 12:00 est. My experience with Kheune Nagel, was different from any other job I held. Product was the key as we were a logistic company. Typically, trucks were rolling in and out of our facility on a continuous basis which meant you had to be produce your order in a timely manner to keep with the schedule.
Pros
Holiday parties were great
Cons
Location was off the beaten paths from public transportation
good workplace, must improve career growth opportunities
-Good co-workers
-Management is flexible

-The lack of career growth opportunities

-must improve on salary/bonus
Pros
co-workers, good management
Cons
no room for growth
not a place for me
not friendly. was there for a year and did not make any friends . very stiff atmosphere
Productive and fun place to work
A very good environment to grow and work. Company culture and KN people are very energetic and helpful.
Summary Information
In the USA they are an average company to work for. In Europe they are well respected. They pay well, but they have a poor reputation in ethical business practices. I must comment that they provide better than average training.