Kuehne + Nagel
Here to help: Coronavirus update

Kuehne + Nagel Employee Reviews in Naugatuck, CT

Naugatuck, CT4 reviews
Work Life Balanced environment
- Small group of IT people with good support.
- Self motivated personals get freedom to innovate and act

- Flexible time - If you deliver on time you will get flexibility.
Good place to start out
A typical day at that job would consist of mostly taking phone calls from customers checking on their orders, doing spread sheets and any other miscellaneous tasks my supervisor gave me. I learned a lot about different aspects of office work and phone etiquette. I also learned a few different computer programs and my typing skills were drastically improved in the time I worked there. The supervisors there were really nice people who gave me a chance when I really needed it. I didn't talk much with my co workers but those I did were really very nice. The hardest part of the job was getting used to the different programs they had me using. The most enjoyable part was I was able to do my job without worrying about being checked up on all the time, it was nice to know they trusted me.
Pros
Healthcare, 401K, set hours
Cons
no real room for advancement
Fun environment
Inbound and Outbound call center. Received calls from numerous companies with a variety of customer services needs. Management was fair. Co- workers were great. The hardest part about the job was nothing it was a an easy job. Growth in house was often available.
The company relocated out of county though and left a lot of people with out jobs.
Pros
Laid off
Cons
Growth within the company
Very enjoyable environment
I first started out at Kuehne-Nagel as a customer service rep, but had noticed a position for an Inventory Control Specialist which included better hours, pay, and something I had never performed. I was in charge of 16 warehouses in Canada. They carried parts for field engineers and every Monday they had certain parts they needed to count and if there was a discrepancy I had to figure out where that part was. Also tracked parts using DHL and excel spreadsheets to keep track. This job was very fast paced, never a dull moment, deadlines. I enjoy working in that type of atmosphere. Unfortunately the company had a major downsize and I was laid off along with countless others.
Pros
Room for growth, great benefits, bonuses, pay
Cons
job security wasn't as secure as they led the employees to believe
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Kuehne + Nagel?