Kuehne + Nagel

Kuehne + Nagel Employee Reviews in Redlands, CA

Was fun until the hire a new supervisor
Work is really good they give you 48h of work, so you can complete full time job, they work some times of overtime , it is a good place to start and learn something
Management needs to practice transparency and go to school to learn communication skills. They skip S.O.P. regulations when it comes to getting the job done, but when work is slow and employees skip S.O.P's, they get in trouble.
Pros
They're flexible with your schedule
Cons
Management doesn't get along with each other, looks bad upon employees.
The company is terrible from top to bottom
This company is very unorganized. Management doesn't know what their doing. There is no job security an there's no work life balance, one day your working 6 hrs an the next day your working 12.
Great HR department
Very helpful when I got injured outside of work and thoughtful of my injury and helped me while I was out of work also offered me job after my return, Thank you
Productive and good enviroment.
A typical day at Kuehne Nagel is pretty simple. on your first day, they train you on how to unload/load, how to place the boxes on the pallet and how to add labels on the items. there's a specific way that the company likes the labels placed on the box for important reasons. Reasons being so that that the scanners(Receivers) will have easy access scanning the labels without having to unorganized anything.
What I've learned working for Kuehne Nagel is that they are strict on how they want the material handled and how it's placed. So making sure that you are properly placing materials where they need to be in a neat way is very important!

Kuehne Nagel's workplace culture is pretty much making sure that the workplace is clean, the labels are properly placed where they need to be and materials(boxes). They usually have parties before work starts when the company is making numbers meet and getting orders out at the right time.

The hardest part, well there's really no hard task if you are focused unloading items off the truck properly and placing labels properly on the boxes.

The most enjoyable part is getting your work done correctly so that you don't have to go back and fix anything unless something changes and it's required for you to fix it.
Not worth it
Cut your hours and will change your shift without notice. Horrible warehouse Ops managers. They don't treat everyone fairly. Just a horrible experience all together. The ops managers really are the problem.
Management is terrible.
Management is a joke. Only way to move up is if your part of their clique. Constant battle between first and second shift, there is no unity. Management favors first shift, and leave second shift with no work or leftovers to clean up. There is no confidentiality with HR. If you talk to HR about something then the entire warehouse knows you went to HR. Issues don't get resolved, instead management only favors those who are in their clique.
Kuehne Nagel
This company it not equal there a lot favorable there not fair ppl They give credit to the wrong ppl I don’t know how they can run a company like that
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Kuehne + Nagel?
Prison life work atmosphere
this place was really bad to work for the really strict on some people if you're one of the favorites then let you get away with anybody. if you were a brown noser he will get extra breaks no worries over time if you didn't get along or he like you well that was it for you
Not the place for you
company didn't care if you need time off, OT is mandatory, Not team players, everyone is there to help themselves.You will be wasting your time there
Pros
Free lunches depends on the event
Cons
12 hrs work days, never having time for your family.
It's awesome
I love it ,
work is easy as long as you're not an idiot.... You can work as much overtime as you want... Management is cool..

machines are brand new..
Pros
Good pay
Cons
None so far
I went for the job fair. Got interviewed by the ops manger all to be told that I could get hire but by their staffing agency and that I would have to go through them before I got hire on with the company. What kind of company invites you to a job fair all to be told that it would be thru agency
Pros
Non
Cons
Non
Great place
Enjoyed working in this warehouse. The supervisors were good to work with. Provided me with the necessary tools to succeed. Great location and good benefits.
I would recommend KN as a great place to work. I have seen a lot of growth from within for those that are seeking development. There are many opportunities in many different fields that can spark various interests.
I just got by. Nothing special.
I was put in the inventory department for the first time, so I was able to learn how important "inventory" is to every warehouse....
I was able to learn how to drive my fifth forklift : cherry-picker.
Pros
Learned how to drive the "cherry-picker".
Cons
Temps were only allowed to use the old machines.
Very productive with great management and great permanent staff.
Management makes an excellent work environment and does a great job handling pressure. That is a trickle down effect i think from the very top. Most of the staff seems to take pride in what they do and that is a direct reflection of the management skills.
I do believe that the employees need to start a base pay of no less than $13 an hour. Most employees work hard at Kuehne & Nagel and should be payed as such, especially if they have years under their belt.
Amazing company
I worked here for s dhort amount of time while I was living back home in southern california. The management staff was very helpful in the training. After training for a month the felt confident with me working alone on the night shift
Productive workplace with available resources
Over the past 5 years I have witnessed many different attitudes and personalities. Office and workplace politics will always be around however, KN provides an atmosphere where no one needs to worry about he said she said accusations. Team work and safetly are top priority.
Pros
Fun and energetic atmosphere. Caring manager.
Cons
distance from my home