Kuehne + Nagel Employee Reviews for Material Handler

Found 31 reviews matching the search See all 2,182 reviews
Great job to have!
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 19, 2019
Great job to work. Perfect for non-certified people to get certified for lifts. Not a complicated job. Friendly environment. Great starter pay. Would recommend!
You get a raise once a year 30cent only
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJuly 10, 2019
It’s a very poor company to work for management does not care about you they work very hard you can’t talk they are disrespectful you have to work every Saturday eight hours you have to work Monday through Friday 10 to 12 hours 1 AM in the morning sometime 3 AM in the morning.
Good place to work at
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Southaven, MSJune 3, 2019
We load our lines up with customer product to be scanned and loaded on a pallet. Then the finished pallet is wrapped and sealed. Last process is to be loaded on truck
Clean, organized company
MATERIAL HANDLER (Current Employee) –  Urbana, OHJune 2, 2019
One manager is very relaxed and fairly easy to get along with. The other manager micromanages everything. A definite difference in the two departments and between the two shifts. Not a lot of advancement unless you are a favorite by one of the managers. Decent pay for a young or single person. Really good benefits if you need insurance.
great place to learn
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 28, 2019
Great place to learn long term skills, Sap... and many other useful programs. The work is easy... pretty much common sense if there was less drama itd be a great environment
Pros
half Days off, 1hr lunches
Cons
Drama, No control of personal
Bad place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXMarch 30, 2019
Every thing was hard low pay no raises management is bad they will tell on you very stressful they don't care about their employees no raises no team work
Cons
Warehouse work to aeroplane parts
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  IINDIANAPOLIS INMarch 4, 2019
We expect orders to send or receive part of airplanes and helicopters, we pack each one of them and proceed to place in the deposit or to send the part
Pros
Good benefits
I don't like that workplace.I am searching for another workplace!
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXOctober 18, 2018
good time for work
experience as Material Handler and warehouse
Management almost good
low workplace culture
The hardest part is waiting for production
The most enjoyable part of job- go back to home
Great security
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMarch 10, 2018
They did not really value the hard work that some workers were putting into their duties and raises and bonuses were pretty small. The hardest part was trying to complete the nights work with only a few workers showing up. The pay for it being a nightshift job was just too low.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
not being able to keep people working
Relaxed and laid back environment
MATERIAL HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CADecember 8, 2017
I heard of this company because a neighbor of mine was managing a logistics center. I applied and he turned out to be one of the best managers I have ever had to this day. A very reasonable, decent man. However, due to circumstances beyond his control, the location I worked at was closed and we were all laid off after 6 months or so. I was rehired some months later and worked another 9 month stint. It was very rewarding. I felt appreciated and noticed. I can't speak to the company as a whole, but my experience at the location I was working was great.
Pros
Great schedule, close working relationship with manager, close to home
Cons
No room for career advancement, temporary work
lots of hours
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVSeptember 22, 2017
If your looking for plenty hrs then this is for you. fast paced would say if you want overtime this is for you. good hrs involved but don't think it's an 8 hr day by any means.
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
long days
Horrible company to work for
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 19, 2017
Management does not follow code of conduct and tells information about a person at tier meetings. They expect miracle task that are just impossible to do. If there is a mistake anyone has made the management well yell at you in front of everyone. It is a very unfair job and seems as if the favorite game is played when it comes to employees, example if your not a favorite then they well do everything in there power to make your life miserable. if the supervisor is in a bad mood he well give orders to have everyone written up and even at meetings he well threaten everyone with there jobs. The day i was discharged i have never felt so relieved in my life knowing i didn't have to carry the weight of the world anymore.
productive and great work enviroment
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 8, 2017
work day would either be fast or slow. I learned so much from each and every employee including management. the hardest part of the job was doing 12 hour shifts but got used to it. and I really enjoyed my job, I was a packer and did a little but of everything.
Work with gret people everyday
Lead Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAApril 24, 2017
Work with great people everyone is very positive and helps. We work as a team and build friendships in and out of the work place. The leadership team is very flexible with its associates and works with them to make them successful.
Pros
Leadership team works well with associates.
Cons
We work for a 3rd party so a lot of work decisions are out of our control
No room for advancment
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAMarch 1, 2017
Focus is on production.The hardest part of the job is dealing with discrimination. They do not hire permanently by seniority nor job performance. The most enjoyable part of the job was the many different departments available to learn different job technique and protocol.
Pros
They have many departments.
Cons
Black people are discriminated against, Senority and job performance have no factor in advancment.
Bad management and low pay
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJanuary 4, 2017
The pay is bad and the management does not know what they are doing.They take away your holidays and say that you have to work. I was a temp at 13 an hour and when I became full time. They still kept me at 13. They pay people less than what they are worth.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everythong
motivated environment and great team players
MATERIAL HANDLER (Former Employee) –  DALLASDecember 28, 2016
fast paced and fun environment
balanced management
relax and motivating work day
the hardest part is staying focusing after a rush
restocking while in a rush
hard when the shift before doesn't do there part
great opportunity
Pros
extra hours
Cons
barely breaks, pressure is overwhelming
Fun workplace
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXDecember 6, 2016
Very organized place to work, great management and coworkers. Everything gets done in a timely manner and the hours and overtime is great, so is the pay!
Kuehne & Nagel was a warehousing firm which enabled me to pull orders to ship, load / unload semi trailers and boxcars.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Port Clinton, OHJanuary 19, 2016
I worked mostly independently operating forklift, loading or unloading semi trailers and boxcars as a material handler. I performed inventory control, picked orders and Shipping and Receiving.
Fun workplace
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  LewisvilleOctober 1, 2015
It was very fun and entertaining to work here. I have learned a great deal of information at this warehouse that I fell is very beneficial to me as an employee.