Kuwait English School

Kuwait English School Employee Reviews

A lovely place to work
It's in Kuwait so unlikely anyone else will need this.Started work at 7am, taught lessons across the English curriculum and Arabic. Majority of students were EAL or ESL students. Teachers were mostly expats.
lovely People to work with
Very busy yet enjoyable. learned so much in my time there. The management is professional. only downfall is that there was no chance for me to grow there after 17 years.
Productive and fun
Even though I was a volunteer as a student in my own school, it was a great environment for teachers and students. I would quite happily go back there for the education levels and the diversity of cultures.
KES is easy to work for if you can keep your head down
Quite old fashioned in many ways. The Principal has been there for 19 years. There are other teaching staff that have been in the school for that long as well. Almost rote learning in a British themed school. If you take on a role there be sure to keep your head down and not make waves. Otherwise I have witnessed rather mentally rough treatment of some new staff. If you can cope with that it is one of the best schools in Kuwait.
Pros
Nice staff room, get paid on time
Cons
As said in the review
One of the most highly regarded and reputable schools in the Middle East . Recommended for teachers seeking a well-paid overseas post
Good management. Very supportive and friendly expatriate colleagues. Importance of CPD recognised and regular courses arranged. Children are well motivated and respectful.
Pros
Well paid with friendly and supportive staff, Well-behaved and commited students, opportunities to save money or travel during the holidays.
Cons
School year is short and you need to show full commitment, need to adopt a very professional approach, as a fee-paying school parents expect high standards, work hard and the financial rewards and opportunities for career advancement are very good.
Great workplace
Great school, great staff. Well behaved children compared to other schools. Pay was a little low but otherwise enjoyed working there. It was a good working experience
Pros
Clean, good staff and team
Cons
Low wages
Productive, nice enviroment amazing principal and working team
It was a good job very nice people to work with, I enjoyed working there for that period of my life, as my kids were young and attending same school so it was easier for me to work and leave with them at the same time and be with them the rest of the day. I would have preferred to work in more challenging and advanced career building enviroment but at that time it was perfect working hours for my family and me.

The hardest part of that job was the beginning of each year, very stressful and too much to do in a short period of time.

Most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with parents solving their problems, translating and helping them communicate with teachers and principal when required.
Pros
Good enviroment, nice working team
Cons
Very stressful 2 month in the beginning and end of each year
Continuous learning environment
The school motto was Inspire, Challenge and Encourage and it certainly did that as pupils left school reaching their maximum potential in the majority of cases.The school is run by a team of three departmental Head Teachers in co-operation with the Chairman, the Director and the School Manager; all of whom strive for excellence.
KES is a large multinational school, catering for children from Kindergarten to A-Level. There are over two thousand students in the school from more than sixty nationalities. KES covers the British National Curriculum and National Strategies adapting them to the needs of the students. The school keeps up to date with current trends and changes within the British Education System, but being an independent international school allows itself to be flexible when adopting certain developments.
Pros
Meeting people from all over the world
Cons
Living away from family
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Kuwait English School?
kids are the best gift on earth
dealing with Special needs kids means you need to be not only patient but also very careful and on very high level understanding that these kids needs special treatment not because they are lower than others but because they need all attention to find out how gifted and talented they are,
Lovely students, oversubscribed school.
The students here were excellent and hardworking. Staff were also kind, hardworking and positive. Poor management lead to job dissatisfaction for many staff. Working hours were good and holidays were long. Pay was excellent and there is a good pay package for staff.
Very well run school, with a hard working fun team.
Enjoyable place to work. Although slightly challenging at times, the job was extremely fun.

The hardest part of the job was at the beginning of the school year, when the children started. The majority of them had not been to school before joining us, so the first week or two could sometimes be difficult, trying to get them into a routine and settled. The best part of the job was seeing each child grow and the difference in them from the start of the year to the end.

The management always looked after their employers. My collegues were hard working, enthusiastic, happy and a lovely team to work with.

The Kuwait English School is a very well run school, with a friendly team with positive attitudes.
Fun place to work
Interesting to work with children of 10-11 years old to teach them animation.