Leonardo DRS

Leonardo DRS Employee Reviews

A typical day at work for me is ensuring my team understands their mission for the day, checking up on status from the previous shifts, and tending to any issues that may have came in during my off time. Thereafter, I prepare all briefs for my morning and afternoon meetings with the director and general. Meetings usually last until 1500 where I then check and respond to emails from customers/clients. My day usually end around 1800 (600PM) after I have checked to ensure all employees completed timesheets and are aware of the next day’s missions. Thereafter, I provide an end of the day brief to all employees to include a safety brief to ensure everyone is aware of the risk that we face working in the Middle East. As a manger, I have learned to be patience, listen, treat everyone the same, always set a standard early on and build team cohesion early on. The hardest part of my job is terminating an employee. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing my Team happy to come to work and do their job with no stress.
Pros
Free Housing & Transportation
Cons
Hot Dusty Environment
I was terminated along with eleven other Military Veterans because our site lead made a decision to change our work schedule, DRS TSI upper management showed up at Camp Arifjan, Kuwait along with the investigators which they stayed in the same Hilton hotel during the investigation. I believe DRS Senior Management coming to Kuwait with the two investigators could have influenced the investigators' final decisions. We all received a flight itinerary to return to the states by email before the investigation started, we were terminated before the investigation even started. We were treated like convicts before and after the investigation and they become more rash and impatient as the investigation continued. We were lied too and mislead why they were there until we were told one by one that we had to go to the Hilton hotel to be interview (not investigated). I hate being lied too and the thought of being played. DRS TSI upper management has no Integrity and Loyalty to their employees, they are liars. Management does not give you false information, fellow employees, job duties and office policies. According to sites like "Bad Bossology," a lot of people work for men and women who would rather lie than tell the truth. It's an epidemic sweeping the nation; it’s like cancer that can’t be stop. DRS TSI is unorganized and poorly managed because the upper management has no clue what is going on within their group, all the management cares about is undercutting the bids to get contracts awarded then pushing the workers to get the job done in an unreasonable time schedule to make up for - more...
Pros
I enjoyed the work
Cons
DRS TSI upper management has no Integrity and Loyalty to their employees.