M.H. Alshaya Co.

M.H. Alshaya Co. Employee Reviews

Unfair when it comes to nationality
They gave good salaries based on nationalities not based on the performances.They have good benifits but the salaries are unreasonable for those hardworking employees.
British Buddy System
This major shortcoming of this very large company is the British Buddy System they utilize in hiring upper management and executives. It means you don't need to be qualified to take over a brand or be in charge of people, you simply need to know someone in the head office and no matter how deserving someone is or how much they have proven their worth, the British buddy system will create a way to suppress that person so that the position can be handed to a friend.

This leads to a lot of mistreatment of staff, huge losses to the brands and bottom line, and an endless turnstile of upper management in and out the door.
It is nice to work
It is very good experience and people fill secure working with alshaya and fill proud with this company. But if the management is supportive employees will never level this company and they will happy to work with cheerful atmosphere.
Al Shaya is a good company, stable company, I think Al Shaya should always cross-check their staff about the feedback toward the management of the brand. And, provide good benefits as well.
Strict
We are not open to express our talent and we are not free to attend to different trainings to improve our skills and specialization. They are not understanding to our needs.
Beaty Therapist
I worked in European salon 15 years, Therapist in Kuwait, all beauty works facials, waxing, thered, non surgical facials, eye lash Lifting and extention.
I Knew alshaya company best company in Kuwait
I want to accept new challenge now so please if vacancy for shop manager please call me I hope if I get job alshsya I can start my career my friends also working in alshaya
Store keeper
Material ricved and issues the most enjoy able part of the job white management work place in culture your company review and job title will be shown publicly on indeed
Pros
As store keeper
Cons
Yes as store keeper
Compensation and benefits
company is good and stable, when it comes to the benefits like ticket you have to have in grading system before you are eligble to receive your biennial salary.
Work here with enjoyment and every one is supportive
Here no to much pressure for work . My colleague is very supportive and helpful in critical issue.We work as a team and manage our time accurately. we work in a shift.
Server / Host
It’s a good company where there is room for growing our carrier! A place where people are friendly and well professional!
Here we can learned a lot of things and it will help us in the future through giving us experience.
Best Company
M.H.ALSHAYA Company is very good but some problems no accomadation and no food allowance I want Company accomadation and all facilities available Company flat Company food I like this type of Company.
Productive and have fun working in a beauty and accessories
I usually start my day with smile. Knowing about the sales goal and what is the selling behavior. Motivating the team to achieve the sales goal as well as showing to the team as a good example in the sales floor by sharing the positive selling behavior. " open ended question " to uncover the needs of the customer. The hardest part of my job is motivating one of my colleague but she doesn't want to listen what ever I say to her. I enjoy a lot doing " Dab Demo " to the customer . Dab demo means applying the same form of lotion, body mist and perfume to the hands of customer .
Pros
secured at work
Cons
low salary
Productive and fun with the staff
I learned how to communicate to the arabic nature and culture,Im happy to work al shaya because they give me a chance to developed my self and explore.
Good Company
overall its a good experience in alshaya company.. they are giving the right amount of salary in right time and obeying the kuwait labor law. thanks to them i got here in kuwait.
general work experience
working in Alshaya had a great experience for more than 7 years, gaining and improving my skills and abilities for who I am now, is just because from alshaya growth and success for my duties and responsibilities that made me proud of, for who I am.

 I look for ways to improve the quality of my team work in order to set new standards of excellence. I share best practice with my colleagues to maximize the benefits experienced by other teams. I challenge others to exceed expectations through the quality of their work and followed in order to meet company standards.

 My work has set an example to others of what good looks like as a role model of my colleague. I put processes in place to ensure high standards of work myself and others.

 I frequently look for new responsibilities and take the opportunity to measure my achievements. I understand my ability and can learn from mistake.
Favourism
Its all upon which managers you are dealing with , 21st century selvary , working over hours and never get them , they depend on british that back in united kindom they have no valuble experiance its just the passport
Pros
Security cause you are cheap slave
Cons
Productive and fun workplace with lovely mix of cultures
Great environment to work with lovely colleagues
Professional real estate managers

Typical industry that fit with my career ambitious

Supportive and creative cross functional colleagues
Pros
lovely mix of colleagues functional and cross functional
Cons
Corporate activities
Good for starting your career
The promotion and increments are very bad. Its a good place to start your career, learn things and move on because however good you are, you are not recognized.
Highly NOT recommended place
If respect urself never apply for this company. You will work as slaves for just “Thank u “. There is no salary increment, they pay the new hired more than those who stay with them for a long time . Racism and drag ( wasta) everywhere . They will promise u a lot , but at the end u will get nothing.
Pros
Job security, salary in time
Cons
No salary increment, hard to get promotion, hard to transfer to another brand, no annual ticket
Excellent Company To Work For
One of my best ever companies to work for. Really look after your development. Great leaders and Support. Overall great balance to work life and homelife. Excellent team of people that support you.
Pros
Discount Benefits, Staff Meals, Career Development, Great Work Life balance
Cons
So close-minded Brand Directors, Long stay employee's sabotage career path, Do not always trust and listen to employee