M.H. Alshaya Co. Employee Reviews in Kuwait City

Productive and have fun working in a beauty and accessories
Senior Sales (Former Employee) –  Kuwait CityJuly 29, 2019
I usually start my day with smile. Knowing about the sales goal and what is the selling behavior. Motivating the team to achieve the sales goal as well as showing to the team as a good example in the sales floor by sharing the positive selling behavior. " open ended question " to uncover the needs of the customer. The hardest part of my job is motivating one of my colleague but she doesn't want to listen what ever I say to her. I enjoy a lot doing " Dab Demo " to the customer . Dab demo means applying the same form of lotion, body mist and perfume to the hands of customer .
Pros
secured at work
Cons
low salary
Be me and be alshaya
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kuwait CitySeptember 19, 2018
Well trained and be confedent to my work place
Know product and be productive at work place
Know all new arrival item and season sales and design or lay out at store.
Pros
Holiday pay
Cons
Free transportation
Very systematic workplace
Intern at the Premium Cosmetics Department (Former Employee) –  Al ShuwaikhMarch 26, 2018
Work begins at 8 A.M. until 5 P.M. Huge company so the workplace is very systematic. You can learn a lot but it is very routine-like. It was good experience.
Company summary
Loss Prevention Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Kuwait CityJuly 26, 2017
Alshaya is giving equal opportunity to their staff and respecting their culture. I have got good work experience in alshaya. and I learned many things from this company.
never ending learnings and development
Park Manager (Current Employee) –  Kuwait CityJuly 9, 2017
Alshaya's culture is based on empowerment and innovation. built on trust and diversity.
many people excel and exceeded with Alshaya. I wasn't born a leader, I am made a leader.
Rewarding and enjoyable experience
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Kuwait CityJune 13, 2017
I would start my day off by reviewing my purchases, verifying if anything needs to be marked down and such and meetings with vendors. One crucial part of my job was coming up with new ideas to boost overall sales and profit. My fellow staff and colleagues were very supportive in making sure I excelled in my domain as well as enjoying the working hours here at Alshaya. It was a very rewarding experience, working in this business.
Pros
Regular Bonuses
very nice people
Crew Member - Shake Shack (Current Employee) –  Kuwait CityApril 18, 2017
nice company and very competitive and the company is stable. im hoping that i can look for another job like alshaya. looking forward for my career growth.
Pros
free meal
Cons
no over time asking for extension
Productive work place in terms of developing people
VISUAL MERCHANDISER/SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Kuwait CityMarch 18, 2017
Developing people in their fully potential. sound training conducted for all the teams to grow. Full service provided for all the staff assistance. Management are reliable.
Pros
quarter and yearly bonus
Cons
long working hours
Dream place to work in
Graphic Artwork & Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Kuwait CityFebruary 8, 2017
highly professional company in middle east markets. every day is motivating and challenging to enhance your career skills and knowledge. essential learning is at its extreme.
Friendly environment
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Kuwait CityDecember 14, 2016
Preparing travel statement /expenses, assisting auditors on their audit. Drafting letters. Preparing audit reports. Arranging visas for different countries. Preparing presentation
Hardworking and willing to work under pressure
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kuwait CitySeptember 18, 2016
Working in over 10 yrs in alshaya it's really amazing I really enjoyed my job as a beauty advisor and cashier I loved my job it's liked my second home and I am proud that I am the one employee staying longer that company.. I had more experience how to assists the good customer service and how to handle the difficult sitwasyon from customer. And sometimes I am supporting the head cashier to do banking and doin reports for our sales. I am supportive and hardworking wiling to work under pressure as per the sales.
Pros
Target for commission and beauty allowance
fun workplace
customer service associate (Former Employee) –  Kuwait CityAugust 14, 2016
the company gives you a chance to enhance your growth and career and they will provide also a seminars and training for individuals.
they also give bonuses if your brands hit their targets.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
health care
productive and fun
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Kuwait CityJuly 25, 2016
Day at work in alshaya is always new to learn something
provides ou with a lot of training and information
learned to Manage my self .Time managements
skills of communications and how to develop people
Pros
Free Drinks and taking care of all the GRD works
Cons
Short Breaks
Exciting and Pro active
Ambassador/Training Officer (Current Employee) –  Kuwait CityMay 1, 2016
a typical day at work is when there is a visitors, dealing with the customers.What i learned is to how to communicate effectively to your customer in a different nationality and different people.
the management is doing everything to enhance the performance and attending the needs of its employees.
my co workers is very helpful, proactive and efficient in every phase of the job.
the hardest part of my job is when there is a complaint regarding physical touch and wrong accusation from the Kid to employee.
and the most enjoyable part of my job is to experience different part and areas of every department that i joined in. and dealing with the kids and visitors.
Pros
30% discounts in every alshaya store.
Cons
healtcare, privilage card, discounts
Learn in the chaos
Business Solutions Manager - Alshaya Retail (Current Employee) –  Kuwait City, KUJanuary 10, 2016
Managing franchises for over 70 brands creates a lot of scope for learning and fun at work. The constant chaos can be both good and bad and you get a taste of both through the year.
Pros
Analytical work (division dependent), good learning
Cons
Low pay w.r.t the market average
work environment
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kuwait City, KUAugust 5, 2015
good company i have learned a lot however it is not easy to grow in this company as the career path is not very clear and the company does not give any advantage to employees other than the advantage card
however if you are at the senior level you get more advantages
Pros
work environment is good
Cons
no growth
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Kuwait CityJuly 28, 2015
Anything can happen in a day. You have to be in your toes the moment you step into the restaurant till the end of your day. Plenty of politics of course as in any other company. More of a fast food type of a company. Good for front of house staff.
Pros
good company to learn management skills and target market
Cons
too much paper work!
No Fun at work.
Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Kuwait City, KUMarch 13, 2015
Busy with work everyday, but can learn new things, all decisions taken by management, not much interaction with co-workers, wont get time from work.
Pros
No Free lunch, employees are having 30% discount on company stores.
Cons
free healthcare, staff sale for employees and their families.
i want to wok to canada and i want to secure the security of my family
Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Avenues Mall Kuwait city,KuwaitAugust 20, 2013
i work in al shaya group of company home furnishing division.ive learned how to wok with any nationalities.and how to handle different kind of costumers.all our manager canadian and british people becuase the brand Pottery Barn Kids is ameriacn brand.i enjoy my work once we achieve our target we recieve bonuses.and paid holiday annual leave paid day off every week.one hour break during 9 hours duty.i learned also how to handle costumer complain patience..
Great Experience
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Kuwait CityApril 24, 2013
Great Experience with a company that is rapidly expanding. Operates in multiple countries with multiple brands.