M.H. Alshaya Co.

M.H. Alshaya Co. Employee Reviews in Kuwait City

Kuwait City25 reviews
MH Alshaya company always caring of the staff and deliver their promis to the employee. Work atmosphere is great and all training of the hospitality will change the life in our profession. Company mission and vision is super great.
Cons
company is good and stable, when it comes to the benefits like ticket you have to have in grading system before you are eligble to receive your biennial salary.
Here no to much pressure for work . My colleague is very supportive and helpful in critical issue.We work as a team and manage our time accurately. we work in a shift.
M.H.ALSHAYA Company is very good but some problems no accomadation and no food allowance I want Company accomadation and all facilities available Company flat Company food I like this type of Company.
I usually start my day with smile. Knowing about the sales goal and what is the selling behavior. Motivating the team to achieve the sales goal as well as showing to the team as a good example in the sales floor by sharing the positive selling behavior. " open ended question " to uncover the needs of the customer. The hardest part of my job is motivating one of my colleague but she doesn't want to listen what ever I say to her. I enjoy a lot doing " Dab Demo " to the customer . Dab demo means applying the same form of lotion, body mist and perfume to the hands of customer .
Pros
secured at work
Cons
low salary
Well trained and be confedent to my work place
Know product and be productive at work place

Know all new arrival item and season sales and design or lay out at store.
Pros
Holiday pay
Cons
Free transportation
Work begins at 8 A.M. until 5 P.M. Huge company so the workplace is very systematic. You can learn a lot but it is very routine-like. It was good experience.
Alshaya is giving equal opportunity to their staff and respecting their culture. I have got good work experience in alshaya. and I learned many things from this company.
Alshaya's culture is based on empowerment and innovation. built on trust and diversity.
many people excel and exceeded with Alshaya. I wasn't born a leader, I am made a leader.
I would start my day off by reviewing my purchases, verifying if anything needs to be marked down and such and meetings with vendors. One crucial part of my job was coming up with new ideas to boost overall sales and profit. My fellow staff and colleagues were very supportive in making sure I excelled in my domain as well as enjoying the working hours here at Alshaya. It was a very rewarding experience, working in this business.
Pros
Regular Bonuses
Cons
nice company and very competitive and the company is stable. im hoping that i can look for another job like alshaya. looking forward for my career growth.
Pros
free meal
Cons
no over time asking for extension
Developing people in their fully potential. sound training conducted for all the teams to grow. Full service provided for all the staff assistance. Management are reliable.
Pros
quarter and yearly bonus
Cons
long working hours
highly professional company in middle east markets. every day is motivating and challenging to enhance your career skills and knowledge. essential learning is at its extreme.
Preparing travel statement /expenses, assisting auditors on their audit. Drafting letters. Preparing audit reports. Arranging visas for different countries. Preparing presentation
Working in over 10 yrs in alshaya it's really amazing I really enjoyed my job as a beauty advisor and cashier I loved my job it's liked my second home and I am proud that I am the one employee staying longer that company.. I had more experience how to assists the good customer service and how to handle the difficult sitwasyon from customer. And sometimes I am supporting the head cashier to do banking and doin reports for our sales. I am supportive and hardworking wiling to work under pressure as per the sales.
Pros
Target for commission and beauty allowance
the company gives you a chance to enhance your growth and career and they will provide also a seminars and training for individuals.
they also give bonuses if your brands hit their targets.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
health care
Day at work in alshaya is always new to learn something
provides ou with a lot of training and information

learned to Manage my self .Time managements

skills of communications and how to develop people
Pros
Free Drinks and taking care of all the GRD works
Cons
Short Breaks
a typical day at work is when there is a visitors, dealing with the customers.What i learned is to how to communicate effectively to your customer in a different nationality and different people.
the management is doing everything to enhance the performance and attending the needs of its employees.

my co workers is very helpful, proactive and efficient in every phase of the job.

the hardest part of my job is when there is a complaint regarding physical touch and wrong accusation from the Kid to employee.

and the most enjoyable part of my job is to experience different part and areas of every department that i joined in. and dealing with the kids and visitors.
Pros
30% discounts in every alshaya store.
Cons
healtcare, privilage card, discounts
Managing franchises for over 70 brands creates a lot of scope for learning and fun at work. The constant chaos can be both good and bad and you get a taste of both through the year.
Pros
Analytical work (division dependent), good learning
Cons
Low pay w.r.t the market average
good company i have learned a lot however it is not easy to grow in this company as the career path is not very clear and the company does not give any advantage to employees other than the advantage card
however if you are at the senior level you get more advantages
Pros
work environment is good
Cons
no growth
Anything can happen in a day. You have to be in your toes the moment you step into the restaurant till the end of your day. Plenty of politics of course as in any other company. More of a fast food type of a company. Good for front of house staff.
Pros
good company to learn management skills and target market
Cons
too much paper work!