M.H. Alshaya Co.

M.H. Alshaya Co. Management reviews

Kuwait114 reviews
I’m happy to work with Alshaya co.
But the problem for the management people the don’t have fairly between the employees but as accompany is perfect 👌.
Pros
Nice company
Cons
Bad peoples
This major shortcoming of this very large company is the British Buddy System they utilize in hiring upper management and executives. It means you don't need to be qualified to take over a brand or be in charge of people, you simply need to know someone in the head office and no matter how deserving someone is or how much they have proven their worth, the British buddy system will create a way to suppress that person so that the position can be handed to a friend.

This leads to a lot of mistreatment of staff, huge losses to the brands and bottom line, and an endless turnstile of upper management in and out the door.
It is very good experience and people fill secure working with alshaya and fill proud with this company. But if the management is supportive employees will never level this company and they will happy to work with cheerful atmosphere.
Al Shaya is a good company, stable company, I think Al Shaya should always cross-check their staff about the feedback toward the management of the brand. And, provide good benefits as well.
Material ricved and issues the most enjoy able part of the job white management work place in culture your company review and job title will be shown publicly on indeed
Pros
As store keeper
Cons
Yes as store keeper
Apply in alshaya the good company ive work.all is nice management staff and even the colluages.they give the salary on time.and we have incentives and every quarterly we achieve the target.
Pros
Free breaktym
Cons
Healthcare
Drastic change in the company organisation resulting in organisational structure. work place culture dominated by European higher level staff. No growth due to organisation structure change.
Pros
30% Discount
Cons
No Growth in career
good management
learned how to socialize to other nationalities and to become competitive
the hardest part if the costumer complaint and the most enjoyable is fix the complainant problem on my own
Pros
free meal and transportation
Cons
Working as a financial analyst has been challenging yet fun and interesting. Working with numbers has been amusing specially during budgeting and forecasting phases. Management is very helpful and one of the best colleagues i have worked with. Glad to work with smiling faces that ease you out during the day or when stressed.
I learned more from this company and I love them good management **********
And my work place am happy with my colleagues and my work
Totally I happy with last 15 years to work with leading company in Kuwait
My typical day at work is to go through the stores windows and store display. I make changes or plan for the revision and or upgrading of the Visual Merchandising standards of the store if any. meet with my Visual Merchandising team on the days plans and their assignment, assess their completed task.
The management have been supportive in terms of needed training. The hardest part of the job is always the most enjoyable part which is to create a visual plan for the current season in order to give customers an excellent shopping experience.
Pros
i get tovisit all stores all over the country, not assigned in just one store.
Cons
long hours during sale preparation.
Physically and mentally will be tired only, nothing to learn or earn, doesn't have a clear vision, needs educated people, it's similar to the military, no leadership at all
Debenhams with Alshaya is pretty bad.
Bosses are insecure as the company struggles, thus low job security.

Overall company policies are great and a good place to work at except Debenhams.
People Management, Excellent team work,
opportunities to travel abroad to train new crew members,
Excellent working environment,

Trainings and Coachings
Pros
Free lunch
Developing people in their fully potential. sound training conducted for all the teams to grow. Full service provided for all the staff assistance. Management are reliable.
Pros
quarter and yearly bonus
Cons
long working hours
In my 3 weeks with Alshaya, i have manage to learn their personalized system,which is called ARES (Alshaya Retail Enterprise Solution which the whole brands are using,i have learn some selling techniques, they have a very fair management.
Pros
The service is very fast, Visa, Residency, Civil ID
Cons
Work location is far from my place
Number 1 company in dubai. Its expandes all over middle east. Good managements. And really cares for its employes. Now its being a long time i am not with this company so i cant express it properly. But the company is very huge and its with the job security.
Pros
Good staff cafeteria
Cons
Cares for its employes healths
A very fun loving environment in the company always a extra energy to work . very well equipped management. how to manage the store is learnt the most. various nationalities to work with.
several audits a year is the hardest job but its a challenge.

reaching the said target sales budget yearly and quarterly is the moist enjoyable thing.
Pros
free meal
Cons
depends on situation for long hours
One of the best Company in Middle East but they easily terminate employees. Provide free learning and training to all employees
Pros
Free Trainings
Cons
Healthcare
Day at work in alshaya is always new to learn something
provides ou with a lot of training and information

learned to Manage my self .Time managements
skills of communications and how to develop people
Pros
Free Drinks and taking care of all the GRD works
Cons
Short Breaks
a typical day at work is when there is a visitors, dealing with the customers.What i learned is to how to communicate effectively to your customer in a different nationality and different people.
the management is doing everything to enhance the performance and attending the needs of its employees.
my co workers is very helpful, proactive and efficient in every phase of the job.

the hardest part of my job is when there is a complaint regarding physical touch and wrong accusation from the Kid to employee.

and the most enjoyable part of my job is to experience different part and areas of every department that i joined in. and dealing with the kids and visitors.
Pros
30% discounts in every alshaya store.
Cons
healtcare, privilage card, discounts