M.H. Alshaya Co.

M.H. Alshaya Co. Employee Reviews

Kuwait111 reviews
fun working place with different nationality
just to make things short and simple working in this company thought me a lot. I grew up with experience working with different nationality learning and observing different cultures and sharing knowledge with my fellow mates.
Always happy
I learned more from this company and I love them good management **********
And my work place am happy with my colleagues and my work

Totally I happy with last 15 years to work with leading company in Kuwait
every day i enjoy my work
typicaly working day is sunday/Monday which is in this day normally i have chance to lern more about the hospitality.in the restaurant with my colic and the hardest part of job is when i discrive about the menu those are peoples who can not understand this time is very hard part of job.and most enjoy part is when is business slow that time is most of people are felling more enjoyg.
Pros
yes there are providing duty meal
Cons
giving per shift 1 hr break time
support in terms of training and career advancement
My typical day at work is to go through the stores windows and store display. I make changes or plan for the revision and or upgrading of the Visual Merchandising standards of the store if any. meet with my Visual Merchandising team on the days plans and their assignment, assess their completed task.
The management have been supportive in terms of needed training. The hardest part of the job is always the most enjoyable part which is to create a visual plan for the current season in order to give customers an excellent shopping experience.
Pros
i get tovisit all stores all over the country, not assigned in just one store.
Cons
long hours during sale preparation.
Fast paced retailer with strong forward vision
Continued personal development
Freedom to develop my team

Empowerment

Trust

Employer of choice
best casual dinning restaurant
as I said best casual dinning restaurant .people love coming there all over the world and they visit us numorus times.very friendly working environment.
Company summary
Alshaya is giving equal opportunity to their staff and respecting their culture. I have got good work experience in alshaya. and I learned many things from this company.
They have a very lovely working atmosphere,job security assured,flexible managers and opportunities for career growth.
They also have a very high profile customers.
never ending learnings and development
Alshaya's culture is based on empowerment and innovation. built on trust and diversity.
many people excel and exceeded with Alshaya. I wasn't born a leader, I am made a leader.
Rewarding and enjoyable experience
I would start my day off by reviewing my purchases, verifying if anything needs to be marked down and such and meetings with vendors. One crucial part of my job was coming up with new ideas to boost overall sales and profit. My fellow staff and colleagues were very supportive in making sure I excelled in my domain as well as enjoying the working hours here at Alshaya. It was a very rewarding experience, working in this business.
Pros
Regular Bonuses
Cons
Good people with nice working environment!
working in alshaya is pretty amazing knowing that this company is stable and big! giving good benifits to their employees makes us all happy as an alshaya employee.. alshaya is handling top brands in retail industry like foot locker H&M TOPShop and many more!
Pros
free food
Less wages
Physically and mentally will be tired only, nothing to learn or earn, doesn't have a clear vision, needs educated people, it's similar to the military, no leadership at all
Standard and following the rules of the employment.
Work hard and love what you do and you can accomplish everything on the right time and place.mistake will always be a part of a job but it's should not be the one to make you feel down instead,it will be the lesson to learned to take a look and find out the right thing to do.
very nice people
nice company and very competitive and the company is stable. im hoping that i can look for another job like alshaya. looking forward for my career growth.
Pros
free meal
Cons
no over time asking for extension
awesome worker
I learn so many things from this company how to talk with people how to drill with people. retail product knowledge. I got so many appreciation certificate.
Pros
bonus quarterly
Cons
low salary
Good work life balance but company struggling
Debenhams with Alshaya is pretty bad.
Bosses are insecure as the company struggles, thus low job security.

Overall company policies are great and a good place to work at except Debenhams.
all good
People Management, Excellent team work,
opportunities to travel abroad to train new crew members,

Excellent working environment,

Trainings and Coachings
Pros
Free lunch
Productive work place in terms of developing people
Developing people in their fully potential. sound training conducted for all the teams to grow. Full service provided for all the staff assistance. Management are reliable.
Pros
quarter and yearly bonus
Cons
long working hours
retail ,fashion ,cosmetics
working in alshaya give me more challenge everyday i learned a lot how to deal different types of people and customer,working with different types of people and gaining more knowledge for our every month training
Cons
8 hrs day
Accountant
 Prepare regular reports and summaries of accounting activities
 Preparing monthly reports commissions due to the insurance companies.

 Calculating commissions due of Agents and Insurance Company

 Prepare External reports, Sending monthly reports to customers, conducting settlement and matching account balances between insurance companies and customer accounts.
Pros
NO free
Cons
48 hrs
Alshaya is very good company in terms of stability
In my 3 weeks with Alshaya, i have manage to learn their personalized system,which is called ARES (Alshaya Retail Enterprise Solution which the whole brands are using,i have learn some selling techniques, they have a very fair management.
Pros
The service is very fast, Visa, Residency, Civil ID
Cons
Work location is far from my place