M.H. Alshaya Co.

M.H. Alshaya Co. Employee Reviews

Kuwait111 reviews
fun working place with different nationality
just to make things short and simple working in this company thought me a lot. I grew up with experience working with different nationality learning and observing different cultures and sharing knowledge with my fellow mates.
challenging
one of the best company that i joined.and i can say that im proud that i become a part of this company.everyday is a challenging day but fun bcoz i enjoyed working ..
Delegation, Willing to adopt the best practices
MIS Review
Interaction with all managers and F/U ON daily basis on critical Sales and Debtors issues.

Tough Negotiation with suppliers and end users.

personal hand shake with every one first thing in the morning, irrespective of the country including the tea boy.

Staying alone for last 4 years.

Interaction with 18 different nationalities.
Pros
Work culture
Cons
Family controlled
Exciting and Pro active
a typical day at work is when there is a visitors, dealing with the customers.What i learned is to how to communicate effectively to your customer in a different nationality and different people.
the management is doing everything to enhance the performance and attending the needs of its employees.

my co workers is very helpful, proactive and efficient in every phase of the job.

the hardest part of my job is when there is a complaint regarding physical touch and wrong accusation from the Kid to employee.

and the most enjoyable part of my job is to experience different part and areas of every department that i joined in. and dealing with the kids and visitors.
Pros
30% discounts in every alshaya store.
Cons
healtcare, privilage card, discounts
Challenging environment where passion meets excitement.
I was able to enhance my skills such as attention to detail and provide innovative project implementations for the benefit of both customers and staff.
Cons
Health care insurance
safety and security and convenience of the staff is provided
Continuous training is given to develop and improve the employee's professional work etiquettes. I have been given a chance to challenge my abilities and capabilities to ensure that I am doing my job in a timely and professional manner.
Learn in the chaos
Managing franchises for over 70 brands creates a lot of scope for learning and fun at work. The constant chaos can be both good and bad and you get a taste of both through the year.
Pros
Analytical work (division dependent), good learning
Cons
Low pay w.r.t the market average
Productive and Fun Work Place
It was an absolute pleasure working with all my colleagues. Thankful for all their support and guidance. My time in Alshaya has been both exciting and challenging and has added significantly to my learning experience.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at M.H. Alshaya Co.?
i love working with my Brand
Alashaya is of the best company I worked with, they pay good however however it is always short staff so staff need to work more than their job role.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
No permanent location
8 hours job
I want to job in alshaya becouse it good company .
I want to start the job quality.

Becouse after 15 days finished my visa or akama .

Please help me
Pros
free lanch
Cons
healthy care
HR Advertising
Recruitment communications – Advertising & Marketing for career events and social media.
Employment branding.

Process weekly recruitment updates.

Creating MRF’s (Manpower Requisition forms)

International sourcing.

Audit Employees day to day Operations.

Ensure good quality standards.
legendary work place
its a great honor to be part of one of the successful company in Kuwait. because the nature of my work i enjoy dealing and changing conversation to another nationalities its really big help for me to enhance my skills, but time has come to explore another challenge in my career path.
Pros
free staff meal and unlimited sodas and iced tea
Cons
every other week we have long hours duty, but we got 2 days off that week
A strong Retail merchandising company. Gives a deep knowledge and understanding of the retail world on a global level, Helps in understanding budget planning, forecasting, inventory control with keeping the factors of the ups and downs of the market. As a merchandise planner's role has also helped with visual merchandising, competition analysis, etc. Excellent colleagues with similar persona.
Pros
Competitive
There is job security
Each day each team member are expected to deliver 100% customer service and meet all the requirements set forth in the company policies and procedure. They allow equal opportunity for all employees to advance and further their careers.
Pros
Career Opportunities
Cons
Multiple Store
work environment
good company i have learned a lot however it is not easy to grow in this company as the career path is not very clear and the company does not give any advantage to employees other than the advantage card
however if you are at the senior level you get more advantages
Pros
work environment is good
Cons
no growth
Anything can happen in a day. You have to be in your toes the moment you step into the restaurant till the end of your day. Plenty of politics of course as in any other company. More of a fast food type of a company. Good for front of house staff.
Pros
good company to learn management skills and target market
Cons
too much paper work!
No Fun at work.
Busy with work everyday, but can learn new things, all decisions taken by management, not much interaction with co-workers, wont get time from work.
Pros
No Free lunch, employees are having 30% discount on company stores.
Cons
free healthcare, staff sale for employees and their families.
Affirmative and assertive ops manager
As a ops mgr & part of core IT management team, my association with MH Alshaya was quite exciting and helpful in building my overall professional nature. I consider myself more fortunate to have worked in such a vibrant organization wherein I worked along side colleagues from 35 different nationalities.

As a retail firm engaged in selling of multi brand products through a chain of multi location & multi country stores, it was one of the most professional organization providing open office environment.

Usually my day used to begin with a to do list, prepared previous day while leaving office and considering overall weekly/monthly plans, which are eventually having a direct reference to project plan.

I learned most of the cutting edge technologies like Oracle EBS upgrade, integration of WMS, Inventory, DWS etc. Also I drew lot of encouragement from the top management while building a result oriented team, engaging them in internal client relations, meeting quality delivery standards and on schedule.

As a manager I was more approachable, open for brilliant ideas and recognize value addition from all colleagues

Its team that matters, irrespective of age, religion, nationality, in a office environment.

No part of the job is hard enough to dilute my spirit of delivering.

Achieving smart results is most enjoyable, since it involves contribution from all
Enjoyable and harmonious workplace in general
Life in Victoria's Secret is truly filled with secret and surprise! Most especially in Pink where I assigned as a Sales supervisor. Pink isn't a color to us but a character. We have a very lively and friendly atmosphere at work. The store is given life with it's eye catching color, styles and chunky stock.

The sales associates that i handle each have their own characteristics which gives me challenges daily and i could say that everyday is a learning day for me. It's a give and take relationship in our business, I ask them to deliver sales and they give fantastic results.

Management has taught me to be fair and just. It has fully developed me to be more professional to each and everyone no matter what their job role is. Respect is given and gained.

Life in Pink, Pink is Life as we say it in our brand. We don't just work, we also enjoy life.
Pros
bra gratis twice a year
i was in a very good condition with my co workers.
I will update you for more information.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Fun during team outing
Life @ M.H Alshaya is good and helps a lot for career growth. Work life and personal life is balanced
Pros
Learming growth is good
Cons
Not as such