Marriott International, Inc.
View all Marriott International, Inc. reviews

Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Review

Emphasis on customer service, with customers who do not return the favor

Every property is different I'm sure, but each property I have worked at has had major issues. Working front desk can be thankless and demeaning, especially if you have thin skin like myself. It feels like you are always in the wrong, and even if you do your best to help a guest, there is nothing you can do to make it right. Hotel guests are the most entitled pack of people I have ever encountered, it's difficult to see the bright side to this job. The hotel discount is a great perk, as is schedule flexibility. Marriott does place a great deal of importance on customer service, and in my years with the company I felt like my coworkers and I gave some of the friendliest service around. But the when managers and higher ups don't respect you as people, it's hard to keep that great customer service going. The pay is abysmal (I met my property's cap of $13 within a year) so the benefits do not make it worth it. The final straw for me was the lack of assistance during the COVID pandemic. CEO Arne Sorenson made a big deal about not taking a salary during 2020, to "keep the lights on at the hotels" struggling. But what about your employees who were struggling? The employees that make your company what it is? I didn't feel supported by Marriott, the company that I gave almost a decade of my life to.

Pros

hotel discount, flexible schedule, camaraderie with coworkers who also hate their job

Cons

no assistance during COVID, abusive customers, low pay, unpredictable shift length/difficulty

I love with my work

I have done diploma in Air conditioning and refrigation I have good skills about chiller and ahu and refrigerator and chiller reading and well maintained ppm work on timmly menner all cold room fire systems guest room fcu and ahu and all kinds of package unit window types ac split ac etc

Its more fun working here at Courtyard by Marriott at Kuwait City

It's awesome to work in this company as food and accommodation are free. Plus accommodation is only few minutes walk from the working place. Ever since I joined this company it benefited me as I can send few amount at my home. Above all I got many experiences by working here. I'm just a housekeeping attendant but learnt many by seeing and observing others working.

Pros

Free food, accommodation and transportation

Cons

Quite low salary compared to other companies in Kuwait plus service charge only after every 3 months

A great place to build the career

It was a great experience working with Sheraton Kuwait. I have started my Sheraton life in 2012 as a reservation agent and in 4 years I have become a shift leader and a supervisor in anothe one year.

Pros

Free food, accommodation and transportation

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

Marriott International, Inc. Reviews by Location

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Emphasis on customer service, with customers who do not return the favor