Marriott International, Inc.
View all Marriott International, Inc. reviews

Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Review

Good Experience / Terrible Mgmt

This is a good field to gain experience in but you must have thick skin. A lot of hotels are franchises out meaning Marriott does NOT own them they’re owned by a private company meaning most times they make most their own rules. Most hotels also don’t offer great benefits/compensation; such as : hourly/salary pay, sick leave , vacation PTO, discounts etc. The discounts you’re offered are okay but certain hotels such as franchise act very rude when you’re staying using your discount codes. I’ve worked at hotels where they tell guests they don’t accept local guests using the discount which is an inconvenience in the event of a an emergency for an employee/family member. It’s hard to find a hotel owned by Marriott International to be completely honest. Sometimes you can find a good team to work with but the management can be clique like , drama induced , unorganized etc. There’s limited opportunities for advancement leaving employee working for companies 3+ years making starting pay still. Lots of deceitful activity from these hotels seeming to want a good team but ultimately trying to find best leaders, determined employees to overwork and underpay. It’s not worth the headache in my opinion the discounts don’t outweigh the impact on your career . Days can fluctuate on a day to day so be flexible however a lot of times you must be self sufficient due to the term “you’re MOD on your shift” . Even though you’re allowed occasionally to make Mgmt decisions it’s very clear the status/power differential . When you’re interested in advancing with the company most often than not you’re -

Pros

Breaks, Hotel Discounts

Cons

Unpaid PTO/Sick Leave, Management, Lack of Opportunity Advancement

I love with my work

I have done diploma in Air conditioning and refrigation I have good skills about chiller and ahu and refrigerator and chiller reading and well maintained ppm work on timmly menner all cold room fire systems guest room fcu and ahu and all kinds of package unit window types ac split ac etc

Its more fun working here at Courtyard by Marriott at Kuwait City

It's awesome to work in this company as food and accommodation are free. Plus accommodation is only few minutes walk from the working place. Ever since I joined this company it benefited me as I can send few amount at my home. Above all I got many experiences by working here. I'm just a housekeeping attendant but learnt many by seeing and observing others working.

Pros

Free food, accommodation and transportation

Cons

Quite low salary compared to other companies in Kuwait plus service charge only after every 3 months

A great place to build the career

It was a great experience working with Sheraton Kuwait. I have started my Sheraton life in 2012 as a reservation agent and in 4 years I have become a shift leader and a supervisor in anothe one year.

Pros

Free food, accommodation and transportation

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

Marriott International, Inc. Reviews by Location

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Good Experience / Terrible Mgmt