Marriott International, Inc. logo
Marriott International, Inc.
View all Marriott International, Inc. reviews

Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Review

It's hospitality and we all know the drill

I thought working for Marriott would be an awesome experience but left me feeling really disappointed. I think it was more of the way this location was managed, the owner and the stakeholders.All workers were lovely people, hard-working and always ready to follow procedures. It's not an easy job working for a hotel, tough shifts (too early or too late), fast paced environment and sometimes you need to be ready to roll your sleeves and do other job's persons. I learned a lot, i had support from HR and manager all the time and training whenever I need it. That's a good thing about worldwide companies like Marriott, they can train you and offer you progression. I left because of many reasons, like the shifts, theres no balance because you need to start at 5.30am or start late and finish at 11pm, so you ended up feeling tired all the time. Also, I was alone during my whole shift in the Leisure Club, where you need at least another person to watch the reception when you are doing other things. I had to push heavy full trolleys with wet towels through an old structure inside the hotel. There was no safety during my job, i was handeling chemicals and lifting heavy things all the time. Cleaning even vomit or any other disgusting things that guests were doing inside the changing rooms (you could never imagined). Security never helped or made themselves helpful when some guests were acting abusive and aggressive.

Pros

Canteen, trainings, progression, you can request to work at any Marriott in the world.

Cons

No balance between life and work, minimum wage, no work safety

I love with my work

I have done diploma in Air conditioning and refrigation I have good skills about chiller and ahu and refrigerator and chiller reading and well maintained ppm work on timmly menner all cold room fire systems guest room fcu and ahu and all kinds of package unit window types ac split ac etc

Its more fun working here at Courtyard by Marriott at Kuwait City

It's awesome to work in this company as food and accommodation are free. Plus accommodation is only few minutes walk from the working place. Ever since I joined this company it benefited me as I can send few amount at my home. Above all I got many experiences by working here. I'm just a housekeeping attendant but learnt many by seeing and observing others working.

Pros

Free food, accommodation and transportation

Cons

Quite low salary compared to other companies in Kuwait plus service charge only after every 3 months

A great place to build the career

It was a great experience working with Sheraton Kuwait. I have started my Sheraton life in 2012 as a reservation agent and in 4 years I have become a shift leader and a supervisor in anothe one year.

Pros

Free food, accommodation and transportation

10.3K
6.3K
3.3K
1.1K

Marriott International, Inc. Reviews by Location

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • It's hospitality and we all know the drill