Marriott International, Inc.
View all Marriott International, Inc. reviews

Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Review

Privilege culture

Overload of work that will be highly scrutinized. More often than not, you will be reprimanded for the pettiest of mistakes the more so if your ethnicity is of a certain type in which case you can expect continuous disciplinary actions and write ups.Surprisingly; managerial culture leans to taskmaster style. Management teams are not people with professional training (in hotel management or business) neither multilingual individuals. It can be very difficult to explain to them decisions made based on Accounting principles, or market segmentation. They're not just there neither they are open to listen or learn. Contributions on how to increase financial performance will be lousily shut down by mgmt, only to have them implemented a few month later as mgmt's own process re-engineering.The company expects employees to apologize and be subservient to rude and abusive customers; especially those that booked wrong dates, room type, number of guests, etc. Zero accountability for lazy people who will not contribute to the daily operation, pointing this out will automatically label you as a problematic individual and a non-team player.The hardest thing to learn and witness: ethnicity plays a big role in your performance review and advancement.The most enjoyable part: you meet nice colleagues and there is good camaraderie.

Pros

If you like to travel, employee discounts do make a difference, for good.

Cons

Ethnicity plays a big role in professional growth regardless of credentials

I love with my work

I have done diploma in Air conditioning and refrigation I have good skills about chiller and ahu and refrigerator and chiller reading and well maintained ppm work on timmly menner all cold room fire systems guest room fcu and ahu and all kinds of package unit window types ac split ac etc

Its more fun working here at Courtyard by Marriott at Kuwait City

It's awesome to work in this company as food and accommodation are free. Plus accommodation is only few minutes walk from the working place. Ever since I joined this company it benefited me as I can send few amount at my home. Above all I got many experiences by working here. I'm just a housekeeping attendant but learnt many by seeing and observing others working.

Pros

Free food, accommodation and transportation

Cons

Quite low salary compared to other companies in Kuwait plus service charge only after every 3 months

A great place to build the career

It was a great experience working with Sheraton Kuwait. I have started my Sheraton life in 2012 as a reservation agent and in 4 years I have become a shift leader and a supervisor in anothe one year.

Pros

Free food, accommodation and transportation

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

Marriott International, Inc. Reviews by Location

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Privilege culture