Marriott International, Inc.
View all Marriott International, Inc. reviews

Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Review

Room to grow in hotel management/sales world

A typical day is building sales leads and communicating with your sales leaders. Entering anything they need into the system along with doing any research or organization as needed. I learned organization and communication on a professional level along with sales related experiences. I learned new programs that contribute to the sales process. If you are not already in a management role then you must go through as an admin first then you're eligible for a sales manager role and have guides and assistance to get you there if that is your goal. Sales managers do not get commission. The additional compensation comes from overtime hours. They do give you all the tools you need to become a sales manager. 1 hour lunch breaks and ways to ease the stresses of the day. Workplace culture is friendly but when you're too busy then sometimes it's non existent. Like any workplace. Unless you manage your time well, you'll be on the phone or on the computer. Hardest part of the job depends on the person. Some is organization and others are communication etc. Some days you really don't move from your desk and if you're okay with office hours, then this job is for you. Some paid holidays and weekends off. The most enjoyable part of the job are the connections that you'll be making with all kinds of great people and if you really love sales, you'll be learning a lot of skills and best practices within the hotel management industry.

Pros

Wonderful people, free lunches, free coffee, fun activities, nice incentives, benefits

Cons

Healthcare cost, turnover, leadership opportunities, leadership organization

I love with my work

I have done diploma in Air conditioning and refrigation I have good skills about chiller and ahu and refrigerator and chiller reading and well maintained ppm work on timmly menner all cold room fire systems guest room fcu and ahu and all kinds of package unit window types ac split ac etc

Its more fun working here at Courtyard by Marriott at Kuwait City

It's awesome to work in this company as food and accommodation are free. Plus accommodation is only few minutes walk from the working place. Ever since I joined this company it benefited me as I can send few amount at my home. Above all I got many experiences by working here. I'm just a housekeeping attendant but learnt many by seeing and observing others working.

Pros

Free food, accommodation and transportation

Cons

Quite low salary compared to other companies in Kuwait plus service charge only after every 3 months

A great place to build the career

It was a great experience working with Sheraton Kuwait. I have started my Sheraton life in 2012 as a reservation agent and in 4 years I have become a shift leader and a supervisor in anothe one year.

Pros

Free food, accommodation and transportation

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

Marriott International, Inc. Reviews by Location

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Room to grow in hotel management/sales world